Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of that 80 percent, one third or more aren't showing up to the polls.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is still better than how Hillary supporters turned out for Obama in 2008, but rest assured that Biden supporters and the DNC will blame that 15% of Biden loses.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm gladdened at this information.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is still better than how Hillary supporters turned out for Obama in 2008, but rest assured that Biden supporters and the DNC will blame that 15% of Biden loses.
    I mean, the 15% should be blamed, shouldn't they?

I don't agree with lumping all Bernie supporters in with them but I'm not going to hold back criticism of the individual Bernie supporters who flipped to Trump just because they're a small share of the total. It's inexcusable to claim you support broader health care, higher minimum wage and wealth equality, and then vote for a criminal administration who opposes all of those things just because your guy didn't win. I'd certainly blame them more than I'd blame people I expect to vote for Trump anyway.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bernie to Trump is going full re no matter how you justify it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. The good news is that apparently there's very few Bernie supporters that actually go out and vote, tbh, so 15% of that would be minimal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15% of Sanders supporters were Republican, so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's virtually no cir stance where i could justify voting for trump, but if bloomberg won the nom i probably would have abstained on the presidential vote

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I don't agree with lumping all Bernie supporters in with them but I'm not going to hold back criticism of the individual Bernie supporters who flipped to Trump just because they're a small share of the total. It's inexcusable to claim you support broader health care, higher minimum wage and wealth equality, and then vote for a criminal administration who opposes all of those things just because your guy didn't win. I'd certainly blame them more than I'd blame people I expect to vote for Trump anyway.
    15% of all Bernie supporters is such an inconsequential number in a general election that it’s a stupid thing to blame (especially if we don’t know what states those people are in - if most of them are in states like California then it’s even more re ed to blame them), but by all means keep ignoring the real problem we have that ty establishment Democrats struggle to inspire voter turnout above 55%.

Black people are also for whatever reason above criticism even though they are ing awful at turning out to vote when the presidential candidate isn’t black. Hillary beats Trump it they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama. The mindset of “Oh lawdy I ain’t gon’ wait in line just to vote fo’ da white devil!” is much worse than the small portion of Bernie voters that defect.

Going from Bernie to Trump is ing stupid but it’s far from the only instance of irrational voter behavior so it’s bizarre to single it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offset by the dumbass repugs attending the coronavirus masses.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Offset by the dumbass repugs attending the coronavirus masses.
    If you could get rid of Corona, you'd have the King of Corona/Cuomo.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15% of all Bernie supporters is such an inconsequential number in a general election that it’s a stupid thing to blame (especially if we don’t know what states those people are in - if most of them are in states like California then it’s even more re ed to blame them), but by all means keep ignoring the real problem we have that ty establishment Democrats struggle to inspire voter turnout above 55%.

Black people are also for whatever reason above criticism even though they are ing awful at turning out to vote when the presidential candidate isn’t black. Hillary beats Trump it they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama. The mindset of “Oh lawdy I ain’t gon’ wait in line just to vote fo’ da white devil!” is much worse than the small portion of Bernie voters that defect.

Going from Bernie to Trump is ing stupid but it’s far from the only instance of irrational voter behavior so it’s bizarre to single it out.
    2016 was the first year black voter participation dropped since 1996, and their 60% participation was higher than Asians and Hispanics (both under 50%).

Sorry about Bernie. Hope he doesn't things up this year.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    2016 was the first year black voter participation dropped since 1996, and their 60% participation was higher than Asians and Hispanics (both under 50%).
    So it dipped because black voters who voted for Obama didn’t feel like showing up to vote for whitey.

Thanks for proving my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it dipped because black voters who voted for Obama didn’t feel like showing up to vote for whitey.

But they voted for whitey in increasing numbers well before that.

Sorry that disproves your point.

And sorry they destroyed Bernie.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    But they voted for whitey in increasing numbers well before that.

Sorry that disproves your point.

And sorry they destroyed Bernie.
    They never turned out for whitey at the levels they turned out in 2008 or 2012. I literally said that if they turned out for Hillary as much as they’d turned out for Obama she beats Trump. Their turnout rates from prior to 2008 have nothing to do with that statement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never turned out for whitey at the levels they turned out in 2008 or 2012. I literally said that if they turned out for Hillary as much as they’d turned out for Obama she beats Trump. Their turnout rates from prior to 2008 have nothing to do with that statement.
    Oh, you shouldn't have said whitey then.

Because only one of those guys they voted for was black.

Their participation rate has always been better than Asians or Hispanics, but you got your scapegoat.

Sorry about Bernie. Those blacks really got him this time!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You've consistently said in these types of discussions that Hillary lost because she was a ty and uninspiring candidate, but now the assumption is that black people voted less for her because she was white?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh, you shouldn't have said whitey then.

Because only one of those guys they voted for was black.

Their participation rate has always been better than Asians or Hispanics, but you got your scapegoat.

Sorry about Bernie. Those blacks really got him this time!
    I literally said “Hillary beats Trump if they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama” in my original post that you replied to.

Asians and Hispanics not voting is also a thing (however I doubt Asian voter turnout matters at all). The fact Hispanics don’t vote is why I think pissing away the rube vote with like “FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ILLEGALS!” is a dumb strategy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bro, forget it.

They've turned on Warren...and now they're turning on their new girl toy AOC because MAH ESTABLISHMENT FAULT.

Bernie supporters are parasites.

I dont want to say all...but 'em all the same. The scorched earth approached Bernie has taken has ed him twice. Somehow he and his cult following are not getting it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You've consistently said in these types of discussions that Hillary lost because she was a ty and uninspiring candidate, but now the assumption is that black people voted less for her because she was white?
    Why do you think black voter turnout was over 5% down for Hillary vs. what it was for Obama?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I literally said “Hillary beats Trump if they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama” in my original post that you replied to.
    If whites had turned out like they did for Bill, Hillary would've won.

Blacks destroyed Bernie.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If whites had turned out like they did for Bill, Hillary would've won.
    I think you and I can agree that white “rubes” as you call them voting for Trump when it’s against their best interest is a bigger reason Hillary lost than anything else we’re talking about here, but the ship on rural white voters has sailed so not sure why you’re bringing it up now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't get more full re than supporting Joe Biden's corpse for POTUS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you and I can agree that white “rubes” as you call them voting for Trump when it’s against their best interest is a bigger reason Hillary lost than anything else we’re talking about here, but the ship on rural white voters has sailed so not sure why you’re bringing it up now.
    Only needed 70k rubes tbh.

Thread Information