Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What is this, 1994?

Anyway, I've enjoyed the Pearl Jam record through a couple of listens. Some of it drags but not as much as Lightning Bolt. Haven't decided if I like it more than Backspacer but it's up there with that one as far as being better than the rest of their (limited) output the past 20 years. Highlights: Retrograde, and Dance of the Clairvoyants which sounds like a Talking Heads outtake.

Ghosts V-VI is good ambient music to work to. VI has more going on and is probably the better album, but I think V is the one I'll be going back to more often.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Heard Dance of the Clairvoyants when my wife was playing it. I said "I thought you didn't like David Byrne?"

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The two NIN albums are Westworld type stuff. Reznor will make buckets of cash for licensing throwaway tracks for soundtracks; and any hardcore fans that buy them while they're being advertised, why not?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I think Pearl Jam peaked a long time ago; but this will be some milk for the fan base or for anyone really trying to hold onto old school grunge.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I liked post-grunge better than original grunge tbh, but the latter is better than nwa

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I liked post-grunge better than original grunge tbh, but the latter is better than nwa
    I differentiate Nirvana grunge and Pearl Jam grunge. PJ has good music, but when it comes to the term, they're just riding.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I’ll give you a nine inch nail with some pearl jam.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The best album released on March 27, 2020, tbh:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What is this, 1994?

Anyway, I've enjoyed the Pearl Jam record through a couple of listens. Some of it drags but not as much as Lightning Bolt. Haven't decided if I like it more than Backspacer but it's up there with that one as far as being better than the rest of their (limited) output the past 20 years. Highlights: Retrograde, and Dance of the Clairvoyants which sounds like a Talking Heads outtake.

Ghosts V-VI is good ambient music to work to. VI has more going on and is probably the better album, but I think V is the one I'll be going back to more often.
    Agree on Locusts, although I like the stuff they release under Reznor/Ross more than NIN when it comes to ambient tracks. The 3 Watchmen volumes are really excellent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I differentiate Nirvana grunge and Pearl Jam grunge. PJ has good music, but when it comes to the term, they're just riding.
    It's because of locale and era that they're even remotely placed in the same genre. You're right though that they're two completely different sounding bands.

Thread Information