Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor has it the nets want to trade their young talent for a 3rd star. Spurs have 2 "stars" that they might want to trade for young talent...

Any trades that make sense for both sides? What would the trades look like?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I could see it one of ours for Dinwiddie, Allen, and Harris resigned this would give him about 12mila year. From what I have seen they dont want to give up diniwidde but would have to in order to get salaries to match. Allen could be subbed out for another low paid player but he is the one I would really want in the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares, people are dieing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on what stars become available, Aldridge and Demar I’m sure are both on the table but is there a better star out there like Bradley Beal, CJ McCollum, maybe Karl Towns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if any deals are being discussed during this down time. Speculation is free.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. The third star they're likely seeking, is a 3 and D wing.

DeRozan is older, more expensive and an even worse fit with Durant and Irving than LeVert and Dinwiddie are.

Aldridge can't defend big wings (aka "PF's") and at this point Durant at the very least needs the flexibility to slide between forward positions defensively.

Yet you're on a basketball message board, complaining about people talking basketball . . . as if they should devote every waking moment to thinking about and/or discussing the pandemic.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if any deals are being discussed during this down time. Speculation is free.
    I'd find it hard to believe. I don't think anyone in the NBA expects this season to be played but no one really knows when the next one starts either.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would definitely move demar to the nets for their young pieces. in a heartbeat. money doesn’t quite work out though if i remember correctly. deandre would probably need to be moved for the money to work but kyrie and kd want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a 3rd star?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a 3rd star?
    Duncan, Pop, Becky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Focus on life or death. It is an invidual choice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep I come here to get away from this was my safe space. Lol

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd find it hard to believe. I don't think anyone in the NBA expects this season to be played but no one really knows when the next one starts either.
    This.

I expect the NBA to announce a cancellation of the entire rest of the season, playoffs included, in the next 2-3 weeks. Unless things really turn south, though, everything else should be fine. Draft in late June (can be done remotely if necessary), summer league in July (or not, it doesn't matter much), etc. Teams won't talk deals until they have certainty on this stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This virus isn't going away until September, even into November, which is where the next season starts. Olympics are off. This season will be scratched. Players will opt into their contracts. This free agent pool will be a dud. Teams will be conservitive in free agency as there will be lots of good players in the 2021 pool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

I expect the NBA to announce a cancellation of the entire rest of the season, playoffs included, in the next 2-3 weeks. Unless things really turn south, though, everything else should be fine. Draft in late June (can be done remotely if necessary), summer league in July (or not, it doesn't matter much), etc. Teams won't talk deals until they have certainty on this stuff.
    I can't imagine the summer league being played unless they find a cure and have time to implement it. So like, finding a cure within 4-6 weeks. Not going to happen. It's not even just that the games don't matter; it's the environment (tons of people packed into a small space with players sitting with fans and media. Theoretically, the games could be played in empty gyms and offer the NBA a chance to see how that would work. The SL used to be really small after all. But I just don't see anyone taking the risk without there being no downside to getting the infection or the infection not being there at all.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    everything i've read from the NBA recently says they are intent on resuming the season at some point even in fan-less areans or in one site to minimize travel. i still think it will end up being cancelled which really sucks but the NBA hasnt given up on resuming the season. i just can't comprehend how it will work with teams who have free agents and certain deadlines before then

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is determined to “crown a champion” so I’ve read

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor has it the nets want to trade their young talent for a 3rd star. Spurs have 2 "stars" that they might want to trade for young talent...

Any trades that make sense for both sides? What would the trades look like?
    The Nets would probably want LMA rather than DDR. They have enough ball dominant offensive player in Durant and Irving. Besides LMA provides some internal defence, rebounding and spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds about right...strange days!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we find any suckers, there should be no hesitation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I mentioned months ago. This is the team I want to deal with. Dinwiddle Lavert are great pieces. Whatever it takes LA good fit for them DD all depends but mid range assassin good passer but how would it work with his contract if he opts in fine but otherwise what a sign and trade????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're on a basketball forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... with Sean Mark's as GM, it's possible that a "favor trade" could be pulled off. I'm sure that PATFO could be possibly doing their due diligence to see what would be the best possibility to move one of their "stars" for a possible swap for a young talent, ala Karis LeVert, Taurean Prince and Joe Harris, and a first round pick, would be my ideal trade for either LMA or DDR. But of course, PATFO, in the end, would not buy into this or perhaps the Nets would think that this trade request would be too costly for them to make this happen or some other reason for not making this trade happen. Well, it was worth dreaming though.
    SMH...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants our "stars" that are both one 1 year deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... with Sean Mark's as GM, it's possible that a "favor trade" could be pulled off. I'm sure that PATFO could be possibly doing their due diligence to see what would be the best possibility to move one of their "stars" for a possible swap for a young talent, ala Karis LeVert, Taurean Prince and Joe Harris, and a first round pick, would be my ideal trade for either LMA or DDR. But of course, PATFO, in the end, would not buy into this or perhaps the Nets would think that this trade request would be too costly for them to make this happen or some other reason for not making this trade happen. Well, it was worth dreaming though.
    SMH...
    Agree.
    Unless the Nets are doing some wink nod favor it makes no sense for them to take on the Spurs mistakes.
    Then again, I thought signing Durant and Flat Earther were re ed moves.

Thread Information