My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump says Democrats' push for expanded voting threatens Republicans

WASHINGTON – President Trump on Monday criticized attempts by Democrats in Congress to expand voting access for the presidential election in the fall, saying increased voter turnout would keep Republicans from getting elected.

Trump said that Democrat-proposed voting reforms to the $2.2 trillion rescue package passed last week by Congress — which were largely cut from the deal — would have led to “levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

Democrats have pushed to mandate that states make plans to expand early voting and mail-in balloting for the fall election, in the event that the coronavirus pandemic makes in-person voting unsafe.

Trump appeared on Fox News’ morning program, “Fox & Friends,” on Monday for nearly an hour and at multiple points complained that congressional Democrats had pushed to include things he did not like in the rescue package.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, more people voting means Republicans lose.

Pretty much explains their targeted efforts at voter suppression.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, more people voting means Republicans lose.

Pretty much explains their targeted efforts at voter suppression.
    suppressed / low / gerrymandered turnout favors Repugs, they've known this for years.

They know they are in the minority, and indefinite rule by the minority is what they are fighting for at all govt levels,

including the Federal judiciary where they can prejudice in the minority's favor for decades with lifetime appointments.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-31-2020 at 10:43 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    suppressed / low / gerrymandered turnout favors Repugs, they've known this for years. They know they are in the minority, and indefinite rule by the minority is what they are fighting for at all govt levels, including the Federal judiciary where they can prejudice in the minority's favor for decades with lifetime appointments.
    You guys do the same thing, albeit "legally." CNN/MSNBC command that "It's over!" before the polls even open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys do the same thing, albeit "legally." CNN/MSNBC command that "It's over!" before the polls even open.
    Not the same.

Not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you give up on winning over the voters you have to game the system. For a big tent Republican party increased turnout wouldn't be an existential threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

They aren't even trying to be sneaky about it anymore.

Thread Information