Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone understand the genetic factor yet?
    No. They don't even understand that with influenza. Would take many years to figure that out and by then funding for researching this virus will be gone.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he dies, he dies, tbh...
    take his brother with him too tbh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone understand the genetic factor yet?
    Not even close.

edit already answered

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anyone say the obvious yet? That Fredo clearly wasn't self isolating. More do as I say, not as I do stuff from the elites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anyone say the obvious yet? That Fredo clearly wasn't self isolating. More do as I say, not as I do stuff from the elites.
    How is it obvious? I mean, we all have to go do groceries here and there, or get the mail, or get deliveries.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it obvious? I mean, we all have to go do groceries here and there, or get the mail, or get deliveries.
    And what do you think the odds of getting it are if you're practicing extreme caution?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what do you think the odds of getting it are if you're practicing extreme caution?
    Less than if you're not, but not zero?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than if you're not, but not zero?
    So, you think the odds are still significant or extremely low?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you think the odds are still significant or extremely low?
    I don't think the odds can conclusively tell if he was self isolating or not (and I don't know first hand that he was or was not).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the odds can conclusively tell if he was self isolating or not (and I don't know first hand that he was or was not).
    Let's assume that the odds of someone in a suburb practicing extreme caution would have a very low shot at getting it; I haven't seen anything to the contrary saying that's not so.

This means he was quite likely engaging in a social scene. Perhaps sneaking out to f*ck an intern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's assume that the odds of someone in a suburb practicing extreme caution would have a very low shot at getting it; I haven't seen anything to the contrary saying that's not so.

This means he was quite likely engaging in a social scene. Perhaps sneaking out to f*ck an intern.
    Once you go to a supermarket to do your groceries, or Target to get TP, etc your odds of catching it increase dramatically, even if you were locked down at home the rest of the time.

Unfortunately, unless you hoarded initially, you'll have to make a run. Even getting Amazon to ship household items has become damn near impossible.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once you go to a supermarket to do your groceries, or Target to get TP, etc your odds of catching it increase dramatically
    Dramatically as in from damn near non-existent to like one in a million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dramatically as in from damn near non-existent to like one in a million.
    where did you get that number from? I suspect it depends on locality. In NY your odds are probably fairly high, in the middle of nowhere, likely less.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was this close to lecturing you about the dangers of celebrating diagnosis. But there's 1 person who if they did get it, i'd be breaking quarantine and dancing in the streets

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where did you get that number from? I suspect it depends on locality. In NY your odds are probably fairly high, in the middle of nowhere, likely less.
    It's gonna be in that ballpark; perhaps much higher if one is just going to the store and exercising distancing as much as possible and not touching stuff; and particularly if masks and gloves are used too. It's the people who are consistently around others for elongated periods of time that are much more likely to get it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was this close to lecturing you about the dangers of celebrating diagnosis. But there's 1 person who if they did get it, i'd be breaking quarantine and dancing in the streets
    Who do you hate that much? By all means, don't leave us in suspense!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be in that ballpark; perhaps much higher if one is just going to the store and exercising distancing as much as possible and not touching stuff; and particularly if masks and gloves are used too. It's the people who are consistently around others for elongated periods of time that are much more likely to get it.
    Not a lot of masks or gloves here that I've seen when I made the last trip, but I agree that people that has those are probably more protected.

Just somebody sneezing (it's allergy season after all) freaks people out, lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a lot of masks or gloves here that I've seen when I made the last trip, but I agree that people that has those are probably more protected.

It's like any virus. The duration and intensity of contact usually is the biggest detriment one faces. It's why workers are getting it. It's why people spending a lot of time in social settings with infected persons are getting it. The person making singular trips now and then and even just exercising very basic caution is going to be extremely low risk for contracting it, imo. Bringing it back to Fredo, it's much much much more likely than not that he was not fully isolating (even if store/takeout trips are not counted in that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like any virus. The duration and intensity of contact usually is the biggest detriment one faces. It's why workers are getting it. It's why people spending a lot of time in social settings with infected persons are getting it. The person making singular trips now and then and even just exercising very basic caution is going to be extremely low risk for contracting it, imo. Bringing it back to Fredo, it's much much much more likely than not that he was not fully isolating (even if store/takeout trips are not counted in that).
    It's more like how widespread it is and habits we have. Grab a metal handle, touch your face. That's why things like washing hands are important.

I won't argue whether he was isolating or not, because I don't really know, tbh. I'm just saying that if we find out he was isolating and still got it, I don't think it would be necessarily weird.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm getting a false sense of security that no cases have showed up in my zip code yet. Judging from the models I'm going full bunker mode in a week or two.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more like how widespread it is and habits we have. Grab a metal handle, touch your face. That's why things like washing hands are important.

I won't argue whether he was isolating or not, because I don't really know, tbh. I'm just saying that if we find out he was isolating and still got it, I don't think it would be necessarily weird.
    Yea, people can get infected that way. But the reported case load shows that it's contracted much more through elongated proximity with persons.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ino cases have showed up in my zip code yet.
    Neutered Chump making the case that it's hype.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neutered Chump making the case that it's hype.
    Yea, I don't miss him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What can I say? I don't miss you. I'll slap you as always if you want to start acting up again, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP has it ?
    Last edited by Brazil; 04-01-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Thread Information