Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice.

Should help me focus on more important things in life.

I'll let Spurs basketball ruin my productivity again once this glorified Don Nelson retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8th seed here we come!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't we been through enough this year? Why must the suffering continue?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8th seed here we come!
    means the streak still stands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast timmy has enjoyed coaching,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Lonnie Walker's career

Oh well at least we'll get to see more Brynn I wanna be Curry Forbes chucking 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just outlast Trump, Pop.

That's all that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just outlast Trump, Pop.

That's all that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP!

Happy to see Pop come back. Nobody wants this season (with all the problems in the world) as their last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 is a moot season anyway so I’m ok with him coming back. Only reason why Poop is coming back is bc of the Olympics. No other reason. Thankfully the only damage Poop can do is short term bc all the contracts end at the end of next year. Yes Brynt Formes will get a 3 year 20+ million dollar deal but he will only start next year. I just pray to goodness that Brian Wrong has the balls to make that 3rd year a team option. Also maybe CIA Pop but I don’t think Poetl is getting that many big offers from teams and we can re-sign him on the cheap.

Contracts that end next year: Gay, LMA, Patty, DeRozan, Trey (he’s coming back), White, and Metu.
    Also the Spurs have the team option on: Walker, Luka, and KJ to deal with. The Spurs will be forced to go with the youth movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Pop made some questionable decisions this season...but I still think delivering 5 rings to San Antonio should earn some grace for a couple sub-par seasons in the wake of the Kawhi fiasco...and all that coming off the death of his wife.

I think the people who think Becky or anyone else is gonna take over and suddenly make us a 60-win team again is being extremely shortsighted.
    Last edited by Dex; 04-01-2020 at 11:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Pop made some questionable decisions this season...but I still think delivering 5 rings to San Antonio should earn some grace for a couple sub-par seasons in the wake of the Kawhi fiasco...and all that coming off the death of his wife.

I think the people who think Becky or anyone else is gonna take over and suddenly make us a 60-win team again is being extremely shortsighted.
    Don’t think anyone thinks that. I think they expect a coach to use common sense though and build for the future vs losing and hurting the future at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP!

Happy to see Pop come back. Nobody wants this season (with all the problems in the world) as their last.
    That’s the problem. OP didn’t say Pop is coming back because he has the fire and this season bothered him. It’s again a selfish reason; he’s concerned about the optics of leaving and coaching the National Team.

NT is his goal (which he deserves), not the Spurs.

It’s clear he doesn’t have it any longer regarding the nba (meaning the passion and lack of ego - not saying that in a negative way either) but he’s going to do what’s right for him and not the team.

And I’m fine with Pop staying another year just hope he checks his ego at the door and embraces the future of this team vs selfish and meaningless pursuits. He has to adapt and show a little more respect for the job despite it not being what he imagined (despite that being his fault with what he built).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs front office needs go grow balls and fire his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So he has 5 rings and chased off Leonard spurs signed someone and can not agree basketball talk with him
    Holds press conferences to tell people how bad the president is and bashes the media all the time otherwise
    He is not imo a role model
    He lost his hungry for les and that is what counts
    They should be nothing more important then basketball for the coach of the spurs !

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words we are screwed..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have been a crappy way for him to go out. I'm glad that the thought is that he's coming back.

With the Olympics being pushed off a year perhaps he can focus on the Spurs, and show the world one last time what a great coach he is. His stubbornness has frustrated me a bit over the years, but I've never thought of him as anything but a great coach. This past season had me scratching my head a bit, but I think the commitment to the national team, and his personal losses took the wind out of his sails this year more than he probably cares to admit.

I'd love to see him out there laughing and having fun, and have an energetic last season, because this year it was obvious that he was going through motions in-game, with preseason planning, and with in-season adjustments. It was like I was watching a different coach out there than I'm used to seeing.

Come back Pop!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprising, but expect more of the same . . .

- Retaining the "mid 3" and losing them for nothing the following off season so that he can avoid coaching a re-building team.

- Re-signing and overpaying Forbes because he fits his rigid image of what a Spur should be.

- Continuing to screw over the youth and hampering the organizational reputation among American millennials by pretending this is the old days.

- Virtually everything about the team being archaic, joyless and stale.

The usual apologist take, where he's given too much credit ( at "delivered" for riding the coattails of greatness, which he was instantly exposed without) and absolved of blame.

It took him about 5 minutes to undo nearly 30 years of work from the greatness he had the privilege of coaching and turn a should be promising situation into among the worst in the league.

I don't care how badly S bag destroyed his value, no grace for giving away a top five player and two elite role players and teeing up said S bag to boost his "legacy" and reputation, while destroying the organization's in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he has 5 rings and chased off Leonard spurs signed someone and can not agree basketball talk with him
    Holds press conferences to tell people how bad the president is and bashes the media all the time otherwise
    He is not imo a role model
    He lost his hungry for les and that is what counts
    They should be nothing more important then basketball for the coach of the spurs !
    Pop is as shooters go

Not surprising, but expect more of the same . . .

- Retaining the "mid 3" and losing them for nothing the following off season so that he can avoid coaching a re-building team.

- Re-signing and overpaying Forbes because he fits his rigid image of what a Spur should be.

- Continuing to screw over the youth and hampering the organizational reputation among American millennials by pretending this is the old days.

- Virtually everything about the team being archaic, joyless and stale.

The usual apologist take, where he's given too much credit ( at "delivered" for riding the coattails of greatness, which he was instantly exposed without) and absolved of blame.

It took him about 5 minutes to undo nearly 30 years of work from the greatness he had the privilege of coaching and turn a should be promising situation into among the worst in the league.

I don't care how badly S bag destroyed his value, no grace for giving away a top five player and two elite role players and teeing up said S bag to boost his "legacy" and reputation, while destroying the organization's in the process.
    Destroyed the organization's reputation and legacy? Please, be a bit more dramatic....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MichaelScottNO.gif

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Destroyed the organization's reputation and legacy? Please, be a bit more dramatic....
    Ah, right on schedule; it's change the subject time to make this about me instead of your leader co-destroying this franchise . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, right on schedule; it's change the subject time to make this about me instead of your leader co-destroying this franchise . . .
    Don't take it personal. You are allowed to dislike Pop.

I'm allowed to think you are wrong for doing so based on a couple bad seasons that were bound to come once the Big 3 retired.

I've gone on record as saying Pop hasn't been perfect the past couple seasons. But that doesn't change what he achieved over 20 years.

People like to have a scapegoat. You obviously have yours.

Stay safe, my friend.

Thread Information