My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all this political football . Seems, once again, the red and blue teams are assigning blame to "other side," when what we should be actually doing is proverbially putting the axe to ANYBODY who bungled the coronavirus response.

The Bunglers:

Bill De Blasio (from an interview with Jake Tapper):

Playing a series of video clips of the Democratic mayor telling city residents to “go about your lives” over the past couple of months, Tapper noted that de Blasio delivered that message to the city as recent as March 13.
    “In retrospect, is that message, at least in part, to blame for how rapidly the virus has spread across the city?” Tapper wondered aloud.

“Jake, we should not be focusing, in my view, on anything looking back on any level of government right now,” de Blasio deflected. “This is just about how we save lives going forward.”
    Dr. Oxiris Barbot. Tweeted herself at the New York Lunar New Year celebration surrounded by thousands of people, saying that there's nothing to worry about.

Ron DeSantis. Didn't off the pot until today with a mandatory stay-at-home order. Kept the beaches open far too long.

The CDC. Lack of funding or not, I don't understand how a proclaimed "world leader" in disease control can up something as presumably simple as a coronavirus test.

The Trump Administration. Had one stopped clock moment in closing down travel with China, but for weeks, continuously insisted that this was nothing more than a little flu and it'd be gone in a week, and after that week ended, it'd be gone in a week, and after that week ended, it'd be gone in week. Now Trump is facing the prospect of a high five or six figure death count on his watch.

The WHO. I'll leave this here. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZU1C2. And the Taiwanese interview with one of their officials really illustrates how much they are in China's pocket.

Fox News (one person exempting, who will be on the heroes list): Should go without saying.

There is NO excusing any of the above, even if they came around and eventually "did the right thing." If you excuse any or deflect blame, you're obviously a Blue team or Red team shill and care nothing about truth and integrity.

The Heroes:

London Breed. Issued the nation's first shelter-in-place order on March 16, which has played a big role in containing the outbreak in the Bay Area.

Gavin Newsom. Issued the nation's first statewide shelter-in-place order.

Tucker Carlson. An immense piece of usually, but he was the only Fox News anchor to break rank and take the coronavirus seriously. There's even speculation that it was because of him that Trump finally took it with some degree of seriousness.

And all the brave men and women working as doctors, nurses, grocers, checkers, stockers, baggers, truckers, warehouse workers, who are keeping society running. Aside from doctors, these typically undervalued trades are being cast in a new light of just how tremendously valuable they are (vis a vis some techbro billionaire who creates some worthless app or social media platform).
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 04-01-2020 at 07:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tucker carlson was also an unsung hero during the iran situation tbh... trump actually listens to him, which in the case of iran and covid is a good thing, but overall, is a scary thought

i would certainly give trump his own entry, in addition to his own administration, because of the bull he spewed during his pressers before mid-march

de blasio deserves a lot of for his comments. other people in politics were saying similar things (devin nunes), but this guy is mayor of a city that is getting crushed by this thing, and he has more responsibility (and accountability) than some rep
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-01-2020 at 06:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add to the bunglers list (or perhaps it needs a worse label)

China

My company has offices in China. I have it on good authority (probably common knowledge at this point), that their numbers are orders of magnitude underreported.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

China

My company has offices in China. I have it on good authority (probably common knowledge at this point), that their numbers are orders of magnitude underreported.
    yeah that goes without saying tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    add Dr. Fauci to the heroes tbh

no nonsense, political spin at all... but a voice of reason that the country seems to trust. he's not shy about correcting misinformation but doing it in a way where viewers dont see him as being political

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It’s Ron DeSantis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Ron DeSantis
    Ah yeah. Mixed him in with Rick Scott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

China

Yes, China goes without saying. They're number 1 bungler by a country mile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    add those megachurch pastors to the bunglers

also toilet paper panic shoppers

and not to go all 9/11 but add the first responders to the heroes... the medical professionals on the frontline who are risking a LOT to help people right now, working without adequate safety equipment in many cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    add those megachurch pastors to the bunglers

also toilet paper panic shoppers

And on that point, we'll add the NBA in as heroes. They closed down shop pretty quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And on that point, we'll add the NBA in as heroes. They closed down shop pretty quickly.
    absolutely. a lot of people thought it was a gross overreaction at the time, but in hindsight it was really amazing Silver took those measures so quickly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

China

The inaccurate information coming out of China cost more lives than anyone on the list... not to excuse them though. I fully admit to thinking that this was not going to be a big deal here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to give at least a nod of the head to spring break revelers for their part in putting pan into panepidemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make sure Congress is on the bunglers... petty during the bailout negotiations and per par ing humans over corps once it's done

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make sure Congress is on the bunglers... petty during the bailout negotiations and per par ing humans over corps once it's done
    And now they're on a three week vacation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California's SF Bay Area nailed coronavirus response, everyone should heed its lessons

Meet a real American hero,Sarah Cody. She is Santa Clara County’s (San Jose) Public Health Officer,

and she was the individual who

convinced seven San Francisco Bay Area counties to shut down March 16.

Those counties were the areas around
    San Francisco,
    Silicon Valley,
    San Jose, and
    Oakland/Berkeley,

with a population of around 7 million.

Because of her actions, the San Francisco region appears to have its COVID-19 problem under control

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1933389

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all this political football . Seems, once again, the red and blue teams are assigning blame to "other side," when what we should be actually doing is proverbially putting the axe to ANYBODY who bungled the coronavirus response.

The Bunglers:

Bill De Blasio (from an interview with Jake Tapper):

Dr. Oxiris Barbot. Tweeted herself at the New York Lunar New Year celebration surrounded by thousands of people, saying that there's nothing to worry about.

Ron DeSantis. Didn't off the pot until today with a mandatory stay-at-home order. Kept the beaches open far too long.

The CDC. Lack of funding or not, I don't understand how a proclaimed "world leader" in disease control can up something as presumably simple as a coronavirus test.

The Trump Administration. Had one stopped clock moment in closing down travel with China, but for weeks, continuously insisted that this was nothing more than a little flu and it'd be gone in a week, and after that week ended, it'd be gone in a week, and after that week ended, it'd be gone in week. Now Trump is facing the prospect of a high five or six figure death count on his watch.

The WHO. I'll leave this here. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZU1C2. And the Taiwanese interview with one of their officials really illustrates how much they are in China's pocket.

Fox News (one person exempting, who will be on the heroes list): Should go without saying.

There is NO excusing any of the above, even if they came around and eventually "did the right thing." If you excuse any or deflect blame, you're obviously a Blue team or Red team shill and care nothing about truth and integrity.

The Heroes:

London Breed. Issued the nation's first shelter-in-place order on March 16, which has played a big role in containing the outbreak in the Bay Area.

Gavin Newsom. Issued the nation's first statewide shelter-in-place order.

Tucker Carlson. An immense piece of usually, but he was the only Fox News anchor to break rank and take the coronavirus seriously. There's even speculation that it was because of him that Trump finally took it with some degree of seriousness.

And all the brave men and women working as doctors, nurses, grocers, checkers, stockers, baggers, truckers, warehouse workers, who are keeping society running. Aside from doctors, these typically undervalued trades are being cast in a new light of just how tremendously valuable they are (vis a vis some techbro billionaire who creates some worthless app or social media platform).

Thread Information