Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is also in your link:

"However, if there is any property that can go from being personal property to real property and back again, it’s a mobile home.

Not every mobile home is considered real property...."

Implying: "it depends"
    Right dumbass, it depends on whether or not the mobile home owner is also the landowner, which is literally what I’ve said this whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrah no rent striker here, but my Fiance just got a notice that her rent will increase during the pandemic by about 20%

Might have to go on a rent strike

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right dumbass, it depends on whether or not the mobile home owner is also the landowner, which is literally what I’ve said this whole time.
    "However, when it comes to manufactured housing, who pays the property tax can vary based on state and local laws.

If you own your manufactured home but do not own the land that it is on, the responsibility of the land taxes may vary."

https://www.claytonhomes.com/studio/...actured-homes/

Keep going though.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "However, when it comes to manufactured housing, who pays the property tax can vary based on state and local laws.

If you own your manufactured home but do not own the land that it is on, the responsibility of the land taxes may vary."

https://www.claytonhomes.com/studio/...actured-homes/

Keep going though.
    The land tax has nothing to do with what we’re talking about, I’ve said all along that landlord is paying that. Youre just flinging at the wall at this point.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrah no rent striker here, but my Fiance just got a notice that her rent will increase during the pandemic by about 20%

That's illegal, unless you're talking about a lease renewal. But landlords in the USA cannot arbitrarily increase the price of rent during the contract period.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "It depends"

I'm not gonna imply anything from a general statement like "there's no property improvement with a mobile home". That's for you to clarify if I call it out
    The direct quote was “real estate taxes would be dirt cheap because there’s no property improvements”. Any person who didn’t eat paint chips as a child would be able to interpret that sentence to mean taxes are cheap because you’re not paying them on any improvements, not to mean there literally are no improvements.

”There’s no property improvements with a mobile home” is something you literally just made up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's illegal, unless you're talking about a lease renewal. But landlords in the USA cannot arbitrarily increase the price of rent during the contract period.
    Canada scrah.

I'm not very familiar with rent and property laws. I just pay them whenever. It's not like my payments have increased dramatically in the last 10 years...

I was reading today though that rent increase is illegal from April 1 to May 31 so she's pissed because the letter says the rent will increase in july 1 and iirc her lease ends in August.

Not sure honestly, but if it is for renewal kinda crazy how some leases are expected to increase rent by 30% during the pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The land tax has nothing to do with what we’re talking about, I’ve said all along that landlord is paying that. Youre just flinging at the wall at this point.
    So we're basically on the same page on the taxes, you just want to get pissy because I called you out on property improvement.

Great conversation, hole.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So we're basically on the same page on the taxes, you just want to get pissy because I called you out on property improvement.

Great conversation, hole.
    My original quote was about taxes and that’s all this was ever about, the physical existence of property improvements was a strawman argument you jumped to after losing the argument on taxes that you’re now admitting I’m right about.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Most of the time, no since the apartment is likely to be rent-controlled. They must state it in the lease. I've never heard of it happening other than if the landlord pe ions local rent-control boards due to an increase in building costs or something like that. Month to month is different, however, they can increase but have to give you a certain amount of notice. 30 days in the standard in the US, but no idea about Canada

I'm not very familiar with rent and property laws. I just pay them whenever. It's not like my payments have increased dramatically in the last 10 years...

I was reading today though that rent increase is illegal from April 1 to May 31 so she's pissed because the letter says the rent will increase in july 1 and iirc her lease ends in August.

Not sure honestly, but if it is for renewal kinda crazy how some leases are expected to increase rent by 30% during the pandemic.

Perhaps they're losing tenants due to the pandemic and trying to squeeze the lost money out of the current tenants' wallets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need premises liability insurance but substantially no property needs to be insured.

Real estate taxes would be dirt cheap because there’s no property improvements.

Utilities can be passed down to the residents.

Theres basically no expenses to pay beyond taxes insurance and debt service payments.
    Dunno about the property improvement part. I'd have to look but I'm pretty sure Bexar County here would count a mobile home as improvement
    If you’re doing it right you don’t own the mobile home, you only own the land that the mobile home owner is renting.
    Right, but that doesn't discount there being an improvement on the property per county tax records
    My original quote was about taxes and that’s all this was ever about, the physical existence of property improvements was a strawman argument you jumped to after losing the argument on taxes that you’re now admitting I’m right about.
    I admitted you were right about the taxes pretty much right off the bat.

Just not about the property improvement.

http://www.bcad.org/clientdb/Propert...prop_id=750369

If you want to stay excitable about it feel free. I was hoping to have a discussion about an issue I'm not familiar with, but whatever, hole. I'm out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CORONAVIRUS HASN’T STOPPED JARED KUSHNER’S REAL ESTATE EMPIRE FROM

HOUNDING TENANTS WITH DEBT COLLECTION, EVICTION LAWSUITS

Well into the coronavirus crisis, which has led to skyrocketing unemployment,

court records show properties owned by Kushner Companies are still filing new eviction lawsuits.

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/04/jared-kushner-real-estate-company-evictions/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The%20Intercept%20New sletter

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the time, no since the apartment is likely to be rent-controlled. They must state it in the lease. I've never heard of it happening other than if the landlord pe ions local rent-control boards due to an increase in building costs or something like that. Month to month is different, however, they can increase but have to give you a certain amount of notice. 30 days in the standard in the US, but no idea about Canada
    Right I wasn't assuming month to month. Standard apartment leases are 6, 9, 12 or 15 months in the USA. Can't really find month to month except on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace etc and in that case, all bets are off because the "lease" is informal and the landlord can charge whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Perhaps they're losing tenants due to the pandemic and trying to squeeze the lost money out of the current tenants' wallets
    sup chad, how's brad?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sup chad, how's brad?
    sup brah?

Just mentoring my fellow Brad in hopes to get him into Chad status by the time the quarantine is over. To ascend the 8 steps to Chadvana and become peak Chad, you must be selfless and altruistic for those soon-to-be Chads among us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So...you live off your Fiance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...you live off your Fiance?
    I am Muslim. I won't live with a woman until we are officially married.

Thread Information