Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I’m speculating that adding kids to the picture would only increase complications and expense.

Silly me
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, my goal in life is to save up enough to buy a mobile home park

Youre just renting land out and can aggressively jack rents ever year since double wide/triple wide trailers cost between $5k and $10k to move after they’ve settled (IOW the residents have no other options since they can’t afford to move)
    And many of them ducked out on their last "contract".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC lashing out at someone agreeing with him

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not very sexy to say you own a mobile home park but they're actually really great investments. You're practically just renting out the land so you dont have to deal with repairs like you do apartments/houses.
    It depends what the taxes on the property are.
    Also, insurance.

Anything else I should add?

Besides the fact I said manages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, insurance.

Plumbing

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also, insurance.

You need premises liability insurance but substantially no property needs to be insured.

Real estate taxes would be dirt cheap because there’s no property improvements.

Utilities can be passed down to the residents.

Theres basically no expenses to pay beyond taxes insurance and debt service payments.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need premises liability insurance but substantially no property needs to be insured.

Utilities can be passed down to the residents.

Theres basically no expenses to pay beyond taxes insurance and debt service payments.
    Dunno about the property improvement part. I'd have to look but I'm pretty sure Bexar County here would count a mobile home as improvement

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dunno about the property improvement part. I'd have to look but I'm pretty sure Bexar County here would count a mobile home as improvement
    If you’re doing it right you don’t own the mobile home, you only own the land that the mobile home owner is renting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’re doing it right you don’t own the mobile home, you only own the land that the mobile home owner is renting.
    Right, but that doesn't discount there being an improvement on the property per county tax records

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Right, but that doesn't discount there being an improvement on the property per county tax records
    Are you saying a landlord is going to pay taxes on tenant’s property? That’s re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying a landlord is going to pay taxes on tenant’s property? That’s re ed.
    I'm saying that after looking at my county tax records, I'm getting taxed on my 100sqft outdoor portable shed I bought at Home Depot.

Tell you what, I know of about 3 mobile home parks in SA. I'll look up address and give link. I'd bet my shed they count the mobile home as a property improvement.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm saying that after looking at my county tax records, I'm getting taxed on my 100sqft outdoor portable shed I bought at Home Depot.

Tell you what, I know of about 3 mobile home parks in SA. I'll look up address and give link. I'd bet my shed they count the mobile home as a property improvement.
    You own the shed you’re getting taxed on so that’s a re ed comparison.

If the mobile home park owner owns the mobile homes themselves then sure they’d get taxed on it. The fact you might be able to find a few instances where that happens doesn’t disprove my point.

Are you really struggling to grasp the concept of paying taxes on property you own vs. property you don’t own?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You own the shed you’re getting taxed on so that’s a re ed comparison.

If the mobile home park owner owns the mobile homes themselves then sure they’d get taxed on it. The fact you might be able to find a few instances where that happens doesn’t disprove my point.

Are you really struggling to grasp the concept of paying taxes on property you own vs. property you don’t own?
    Relax, bruh. There are a ton of properties in town where the land and buildings on the land are owned by two different en ies.

You said "property improvement". I'll get it for you, just give me a sec.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Here ya go dummy:

https://www.mhomebuyers.com/do-mobil...-property-tax/

In general, mobile homes on leased land or in mobile home parks classify as personal property regardless of their construction or size. Even if the owner of the land were related to the owner of the mobile home, it would still qualify as personal property. Unless the owner of the land is the owner of the mobile home, then it cannot be real property.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Relax, bruh.

You said "property improvement". I'll get it for you, just give me a sec.
    Here comes a goal post move where you act like the mere fact a mobile home owner has to pay taxes on his/her mobile home somehow disproves my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude

This is actually in my wheelhouse.

Do you not understand that personal property sitting on top of real property can be taxed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes a goal post move where you act like the mere fact a mobile home owner has to pay taxes on his/her mobile home somehow disproves my point.
    You already moved the goal post a while back

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dude

This is actually in my wheelhouse.

Do you not understand that personal property sitting on top of real property can be taxed?
    And sure enough there’s the goal post move.

Yes, I’m well aware that personal property is taxed. What I don’t understand is how a mobile home owner on leased land having to pay personal property taxes somehow disproves my point about the land owner only needing to pay taxes on the land and not the mobile home itself.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You already moved the goal post a while back
    Elaborate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is your original claim. This is false.

You gonna go full derptacular here or do you really want more info on this?

Tbh, I've no clue about how mobile homes and the land are taxed myself, but I know for a fact without looking still that they're considered improvements.

I'm gonna look it up now because I'm curious. If you're curious too, I'll send you a property search link that I find.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is your original claim. This is false.

You gonna go full derptacular here or do you really want more info on this?

Tbh, I've no clue about how mobile homes and the land are taxed myself, but I know for a fact without looking still that they're considered improvements.

I'm gonna look it up because I'm curious. If you're curious too, I'll send you a property search link that I find.
    Jesus Christ are you really going to take the post out of context and pretend I was literally saying there’s no improvements at all rather than saying there’s no improvements that the landowner is taxed on? Congrats if that’s the case.

The entire point of the post was about expenses the land owner is and isn’t responsible for, which is correct. There aren’t going to be property improvements assessed on a mobile home park owner’s tax bill if the owner doesn’t own any of the improvements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is also in your link:

"However, if there is any property that can go from being personal property to real property and back again, it’s a mobile home.

Not every mobile home is considered real property...."

Implying: "it depends"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ are you really going to take the post out of context and pretend I was literally saying there’s no improvements at all rather than saying there’s no improvements that the landowner is taxed on? Congrats if that’s the case.

The entire point of the post was about expenses the land owner is and isn’t responsible for, which is correct. There aren’t going to be property improvements assessed on a mobile home park owner’s tax bill if the owner doesn’t own any of the improvements.
    "It depends"

I'm not gonna imply anything from a general statement like "there's no property improvement with a mobile home". That's for you to clarify if I call it out
    Last edited by Blake; 04-11-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Thread Information