My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is taking Shawn Marion over Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to look no further than the 2005 WCF to know that you take Manu over Marion when the games really matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion was the epitome of a system player. When he left PHO, and their gogo offense and HOF PG spoon feeding him perfectly, his numbers dropped like a rock.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree Manu scared me way more than Marion ...he was nails, clutch and a true baller. Cant measure all that with stats/metrics.
    but this is the problem with focusing only on metrics and disregarding eye tests, context accounting for pace, etc.
    Put Manu on those PHX teams instead of the more deliberate offense of the early 2000's Spurs what does his numbers look like in comparison to Marion's?!
    and though Marion's defense was a key to the 2011 Mavs over Heatles upset ... Manu's big plays in the 2005 alone trump any crucial plaayoff moments Shawn ever had in his career ...

but some of you spurfans only like to ignore metrics when it favors your cause ... like in duncan over Shaq/KG/Dirk/Kobe but when they dont ... you resort to the "no one is taking Marion over Maanu takes"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like in duncan over Shaq/KG/Dirk/Kobe but when they dont ... you resort to the "no one is taking Marion over Maanu takes"
    not sure whats your point here tbh... duncan metrics are worst than all of those guys and spur fan ignore it ? that's your point ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree Manu scared me way more than Marion ...he was nails, clutch and a true baller. Cant measure all that with stats/metrics.
    but this is the problem with focusing only on metrics and disregarding eye tests, context accounting for pace, etc.
    Put Manu on those PHX teams instead of the more deliberate offense of the early 2000's Spurs what does his numbers look like in comparison to Marion's?!
    and though Marion's defense was a key to the 2011 Mavs over Heatles upset ... Manu's big plays in the 2005 alone trump any crucial plaayoff moments Shawn ever had in his career ...

but some of you spurfans only like to ignore metrics when it favors your cause ... like in duncan over Shaq/KG/Dirk/Kobe but when they dont ... you resort to the "no one is taking Marion over Maanu takes"
    What exactly would you expect on a Spur's Forum?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion was a great player too. Spurs would have won a ton with Marion, but the greatness of the Manu pick is that it came with the last pick and they didn't have to lose or give up success to get him. The Spurs were not going to draft high enough to get Marion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what convuluted formula they used, Marion over Ginobili is obviously laughable and while I have no problem in theory with calling the pick lucky (obviously true), in reality Devine is one of the many in the media who slobbers over everything Raptors in recent years and pretends everything they do is genius.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember 2014 Marion was talking about stopping manu? Manu also schooled him in athens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article is moronic Manu is #1 smfh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion was the epitome of a system player. When he left PHO, and their gogo offense and HOF PG spoon feeding him perfectly, his numbers dropped like a rock.
    Guy was called "the Matrix" for a reason. He was playing well before all that D'antoni Nash stuff, and played relatively well after (even helped Mavs win a Ship). I don't see that huge drop off you are mentioning. He was always going to drop off after his physical prime but man o man dude was such a good player in his prime. His skills would translate to any NBA team (numbers would go up and down for sure): Defense (almost 1-5), Freak athletic finishing ability, offensive rebounding.

Thread Information