My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_2000.html

That frontcourt with Prime Shaq, Duncan, and Garnett (arguably the top 3 players in the world at that time)

Duncan's best ASG...one of the few where he played heavy minutes and closed out the game (and one of his last games pre-knee surgery)

Timmy and Shaq co-MVPs...this was the most bigman-dominant ASG of all time

Kidd and Duncan had great chemistry...just imagine if they had teamed up on the Spurs

The defensive intensity was crazy for an ASG...and I didn't know Mourning was still the leading shot blocker that season

Shaq: "He has one of them rings, so I'm taking this one home" [referring to Duncan winning the '99 ring and them sharing the ASG MVP trophy]

Good
    Last edited by Arcadian; 04-13-2020 at 02:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the one where Duncan posterized Zo and also dnked on a fast break alley oop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the one where Duncan posterized Zo and also dnked on a fast break alley oop?
    Yes. I just watched the whole game. Somebody in the YouTube comments posted timestamps for a lot of the highlight plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody in the YouTube comments posted timestamps for a lot of the highlight plays.
    Cool

There is also a video of this ASG with only the dunks

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1:28:44 That wraparound to Duncan.

Spurs should've figured out a way to get Webber when his stock was at an all-time low, before the Kings got him. A TD-Webber combo would've been lethal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    u fakkits better not disrespect shaq like that. dont want to see this swagless ’s name right next to the diesel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u fakkits better not disrespect shaq like that. dont want to see this swagless ’s name right next to the diesel.

Dumbass, the Lakers lost that series and Duncan carried the Spurs past Shaq and Kobe by himself...

Honestly, I don't want to make this thread about Duncan vs. Shaq though. Obviously we could debate all day about this, but it. Let's put that aside and just respect both of them and this whole generation of basketball.

I love early-mid 2000s NBA because it had so much variety in the offense. It was still inside-out, but there was starting to be more 3 point shooting as well.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 04-15-2020 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the 2001 ASG:

Check out the play starting at 40:57. Garnett throws it ahead to Webber, Webber goes behind the back to Kidd, and Kidd lobs it to Timmy for a one-handed finish. And then Timmy gets back quickly on defense, steals a pass, and throws it to Kidd for a halfcourt buzzer-beater 3.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 04-16-2020 at 03:00 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ass hoe

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

I read in Phil Jackson's book when he came to Los Angeles he told Shaq the MVP trophy will be named after him when he's done with him, who knows how many more rings the Lakers would have won if Shaq did not become a lazy fat ass.

Thread Information