Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The logic is that if your State ins uted a stay-at-home order, you live with other infected people and still go out there like nothing is going on, then you're a public hazard and house arrest should not be out of the question.

Not only it makes sense, it's absolutely the right thing to do.
    Not my state?

And based on what law?

Go ahead...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my state?

And based on what law?

Go ahead...
    It's on the ing article you linked:

Kentucky law gives county health departments the clear power to isolate infected patients who refuse to stay home. Isolation separates sick people with a communicable disease, while quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people potentially exposed.

Nelson County Judge-Executive Dean Watts said the involuntary isolation of the county resident was permitted after he declared a county emergency.

In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a misdemeanor, according to the Centers for Disease Control, although Kentucky law does not provide a penalty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kentucky law .....
    Dets derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kentucky law gives county health departments the clear power to isolate infected patients who refuse to stay home. Isolation separates sick people with a communicable disease, while quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people potentially exposed.

Nelson County Judge-Executive Dean Watts said the involuntary isolation of the county resident was permitted after he declared a county emergency.

In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a misdemeanor, according to the Centers for Disease Control, although Kentucky law does not provide a penalty.
    Kentucky law gives county health departments the clear power to isolate infected patients who refuse to stay home.
    Article loves to make sweeping statements like this while not citing an actual law. And "walking around" is a stretch on a clear and present danger. They could've been in their own backyard or driveway FFS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article loves to make sweeping statements like this while not citing an actual law. And "walking around" is a stretch on a clear and present danger. They could've been in their own backyard or driveway FFS.
    Doesn't really take more than a quick google search:

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/....aspx?id=21704

39A.100 Emergency powers of Governor and local chief executive officers.

2) In the event of the occurrence or threatened or impending occurrence of any of the situations or events contemplated by KRS 39A.010, 39A.020, or 39A.030, which in thejudgment of a local chief executive officer is of such severity or complexity as to require the exercise of extraordinary emergency measures, the county judge/executive of a county other than an urban-county government, or mayor of a city or urban-county government, or chief executive of other local governments or their designees as provided by ordinance of the affected county, city, or urban-county may declare in writing that a state of emergency exists, and thereafter, subject to any orders of the Governor, shall have and may exercise for the period as the state of emergency exists or continues, the following emergency powers:

(c)To declare curfews and establish their limits

Happy now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all know the answer to that

Blithering defensive response coming in 3...2..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really take more than a quick google search:

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/....aspx?id=21704

39A.100 Emergency powers of Governor and local chief executive officers.

2) In the event of the occurrence or threatened or impending occurrence of any of the situations or events contemplated by KRS 39A.010, 39A.020, or 39A.030, which in thejudgment of a local chief executive officer is of such severity or complexity as to require the exercise of extraordinary emergency measures, the county judge/executive of a county other than an urban-county government, or mayor of a city or urban-county government, or chief executive of other local governments or their designees as provided by ordinance of the affected county, city, or urban-county may declare in writing that a state of emergency exists, and thereafter, subject to any orders of the Governor, shall have and may exercise for the period as the state of emergency exists or continues, the following emergency powers:

(c)To declare curfews and establish their limits

Happy now?

You're citing a law that applies to an executive branch issuing orders. This is the judiciary taking action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all know the answer to that

Blithering defensive response coming in 3...2..
    Easy money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow this dude

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That you clearly don't know what blithering means?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're citing a law that applies to an executive branch issuing orders. This is the judiciary taking action.

the county judge/executive of a county

That's why I bolded it. So yeah, the article didn't do any sweeping statement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have been shot in the head with how much death their stupidity can deal out.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the county judge/executive of a county

That's why I bolded it. So yeah, the article didn't do any sweeping statement.
    He's not part of the executive branch. That is such fake news.

Also, this is citing a separate case than from what is being referred to in the OP.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ this guy is ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not part of the executive branch. That is such fake news.

Also, this is citing a separate case than from what is being referred to in the OP.
    this isn't any 'case', it's the kentucky statute for emergencies. Linked directly from the Kentucky legislature site.

you're not this stupid, tbh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this isn't any 'case', it's the kentucky statute for emergencies. Linked directly from the Kentucky legislature site.

you're not this stupid, tbh...
    I looked over what you posted. The measures have to be enacted by an executive en y. This is so because there's little things called cons utions that divide power. The judge is not empowered to give these orders. But keep lashing out about how stupid I am if you need to comfort yourself (Chump Style).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Executive" is literally his job le

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Executive" is literally his job le
    He's not part of the executive branch, which is what el nono is arguing.

Dump
    Dat ankle biting / sperm shielding
    Par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I looked over what you posted. The measures have to be enacted by an executive en y. This is so because there's little things called cons utions that divide power. The judge is not empowered to give these orders. But keep lashing out about how stupid I am if you need to comfort yourself (Chump Style).
    The law itself says county judge/executive, which happens to be the same exact le quoted in the article. I don't know why you keep pretendending that's not what's written in the law or the article?

There's really nothing else to argue about. Here, have a W if that's what works for you, smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not part of the executive branch, which is what el nono is arguing.
    Never argued that, quote? I simply argued his le matches what the law authorized to declare emergency.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law itself says county judge/executive, which happens to be the same exact le quoted in the article. I don't know why you keep pretendending that's not what's written in the law or the article?

There's really nothing else to argue about. Here, have a W if that's what works for you, smh
    I acknowledged it's written in the article. It's not in the law. Separation of powers is a thing, bruh. No law would be written to have a judge perform executive duties. That would be a blatant cons utional violation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law itself says county judge/executive, which happens to be the same exact le quoted in the article.
    Chump style!

how else would this law possibly work? Does he think the judge put on the bracelet?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never argued that, quote? I simply argued his le matches what the law authorized to declare emergency.
    I read the law you posted, including what is listed as the authority to issue such orders.

Come on, dude. This is high school civics level sh** right here. This is never the capacity in which judges are to operate.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump style!

how else would this law possibly work? Does he think the judge put on the bracelet?
    Blithering arguments won't get you the tiny w you desperately want here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to want a win here. It's just the way it is, counselor.

It won't change.

Thread Information