Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I acknowledged it's written in the article. It's not in the law. Separation of powers is a thing, bruh. No law would be written to have a judge perform executive duties. That would be a blatant cons utional violation.
    Yes it is in the law. If the Kentucky assembly wants to delegate emergency declarations to county judges or country janitors, for that matter, they absolutely can do that. It's their state and their laws, and carry the weight of any law.

I don't know why you're even trying to lecture anybody about how State governments work.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to want a win here. It's just the way it is, counselor.

It won't change.
    "Bye"
    Muh loophole
    Still self neutered

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it is in the law. If the Kentucky assembly wants to delegate emergency declarations to county judges or country janitors, for that matter, they absolutely can do that. It's their state and their laws, and carry the weight of any law.

I don't know why you're even trying to lecture anybody about how State governments work.
    EVERY LAWYER IN KENTUCKY IS IGNORANT THEY SHOULD LET ME DO THE LAW THERE I KNOW IT ALL

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(5) "Coordination" means having and exercising primary state or local executive branch oversight for the purpose of organizing, planning, and implementing;

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    missed bolding and embiggening "oversight"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EVERY LAWYER IN KENTUCKY IS IGNORANT THEY SHOULD LET ME DO THE LAW THERE I KNOW IT ALL
    I don't know the law in any especially expert way. I just know how very basic rights are supposed to work. That's all I needed to know to call this out a mile away.

You keep lashing out though, Dump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know the law

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    missed bolding and embiggening "oversight"
    If El Nono wants to specifically list what he means when he says a judge is somehow eligible to administer in a pro-active executive capacity, I'd love to see that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure you want to leave your safe space?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know the law

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us all about your advanced degrees in Kentucky law.

Oh, what? Dump coming out of his s cos he's hungry for nothing w's.

And the world still turns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (5) "Coordination" means having and exercising primary state or local executive branch oversight for the purpose of organizing, planning, and implementing;
    I'm not even sure what you're quoting, and I have no idea why we're still arguing about this. I don't get any satisfaction or entertainment out of it.

In the spirit of being helpful, the statute I posted clearly delineates what the Governor and local executive officers can do. As far as I can tell, "executive" in that context does not necessarily mean "executive branch" of the state government, simply who has been appointed an executive officer for the county.

The fact that they even specifically mention county judge 'slash' executive of a county makes it unambiguous that it also encompasses whatever that position is, which matches exactly what's on the article. I'm not familiar enough with Kentucky's county positions, but I have no reason to believe the freaking legislature of the freaking actual state has no clue what laws are they drafting.

Also note that while such persons are afforded those pwers, it clearly states they're subject to orders from the Governor (who is a member of the State executive branch).

Hopefully that clarifies your confusion on the matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us all about your advanced degrees in Kentucky law.
    I have none. I'm not the bag questioning Kentucky law.

That is you.

Do you understand you're the only bag questioning Kentucky law.

Yes or no.

Please answer.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have none. I'm not the bag questioning Kentucky law.

That is you.

Do you understand you're the only bag questioning Kentucky law.

Yes or no.

Please answer.
    Blather.

No, you're just the bag outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blather.

No, you're just the bag outright.
    Derp folds.

Let me know if you get the courage to answer simple quesitons.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even sure what you're quoting, and I have no idea why we're still arguing about this. I don't get any satisfaction or entertainment out of it.

In the spirit of being helpful, the statute I posted clearly delineates what the Governor and local executive officers can do. As far as I can tell, "executive" in that context does not necessarily mean "executive branch" of the state government, simply who has been appointed an executive officer for the county.

The fact that they even specifically mention county judge 'slash' executive of a county makes it unambiguous that it also encompasses whatever that position is, which matches exactly what's on the article. I'm not familiar enough with Kentucky's county positions, but I have no reason to believe the freaking legislature of the freaking actual state has no clue what laws are they drafting.

Also note that while such persons are afforded those pwers, it clearly states they're subject to orders from the Governor (who is a member of the State executive branch).

Hopefully that clarifies your confusion on the matter.
    I can't tell if executive duties have to be endowed upon an executive en y or not.

Yea, it was better to do a word salad than post a segment of law that almost assuredly doesn't exist.
    High school civics sh**, bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't tell if executive duties have to be endowed upon an executive en y or not.
    I can.

The county judge/executive shall be the chief executive of the county and shall have all the powers and perform all the duties of an executive and administrative nature vested in, or imposed upon, the county or its fiscal county by law, or by agreement with any municipality or other subdivision of government, and such additional powers as are granted by the fiscal court.

http://kcjea.org

lol derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can.

The county judge/executive shall be the chief executive of the county and shall have all the powers and perform all the duties of an executive and administrative nature vested in, or imposed upon, the county or its fiscal county by law, or by agreement with any municipality or other subdivision of government, and such additional powers as are granted by the fiscal court.

http://kcjea.org

lol derp
    A County Judge/Executive (or simply, Judge/Executive, and often spelled Judge-Executive) is an elected official in the U.S. Commonwealth of Kentucky who is the head of the executive branch of a government in a county. The Judge/Executive is an ex officio member of the Fiscal Court, the county's legislature.
    lol dump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree with ElNono and me.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree with ElNono and me.
    I agree that you're trying to ride El Nono to a tiny w. Par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that you're trying to ride El Nono to a tiny w. Par.
    He's not part of the executive branch.
    Is a Kentucky County Judge/Executive part of the executive branch of that county?

Yes or no.

Please answer and settle this once and for all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, dude. This is high school civics level sh** right here. This is never the capacity in which judges are to operate.
    Simple derp sticking to his School House Rock guns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have been shot in the head with how much death their stupidity can deal out.
    I didn’t wanna go that far in my post but yeah, I wouldn’t have shed a tear if they unloaded on the stupid s.

When you think about it, people have been shot for far less egregious acts before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I can’t believe this went 3 pages in like 2 hours. derp has massive issues.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple derp sticking to his School House Rock guns.

Also I can’t believe this went 3 pages in like 2 hours. derp has massive issues.

Yoked

Thread Information