SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keypoint:
    Manu missing a FT and hurting Spurs with his turnobili form.
    Nephew missing a FT
    Poop refusing to sub-in Timmy when Chris Bosh was out there in the final seconds

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changed his legacy or cemented it? Two of his three rings he needed someone else to take the game-winning shot.

Of course, people forget Paxson made the shot for Jordan to beat the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keypoint:
    Manu missing a FT and hurting Spurs with his turnobili form.
    Nephew missing a FT
    Poop refusing to sub-in Timmy when Chris Bosh was out there in the final seconds
    The play no one ever talks about, and I love Manu to death, was his attempt to draw an offensive foul on Bosh’s rebound. The play there, up 3, is to scratch claw, gouge to try to get that ball loose, and worse case, you get called for a two shot foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop saved Lebrons career.

Lebron really had the deer in the headlights look the second half of game 6, especially to start the 4th quarter. It was clear as day. It was like even he could see his career, more so his legacy, flashing right before his eyes.

Pop pulling Tim was the single dumbest coaching move in a big championship game probably ever. Not even exaggerating. He pulled Tim Duncan. Let that sink in, Tim Duncan, on the biggest possession on the series.

Pop is so lucky that Tim got that ring back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lebron really had the deer in the headlights look the second half of game 6, especially to start the 4th quarter. It was clear as day. It was like even he could see his career, more so his legacy, flashing right before his eyes.

Pop pulling Tim was the single dumbest coaching move in a big championship game probably ever. Not even exaggerating. He pulled Tim Duncan. Let that sink in, Tim Duncan, on the biggest possession on the series.

Critics "But but Tim only won because he had the great Popovich. Remember Pop made him great."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only comparable thing I have is KC Jones in I forget which series 85 or 87 using too short of a rotation and C's losing on sheer tiredness of the regs from the mismanagement.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Critics "But but Tim only won because he had the great Popovich. Remember Pop made him great."
    Is anyone really saying that sh**?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Danny went partying with LeBron after the game. Don’t forget that!!! Traitor!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't watch, I don't think I'll ever be able to.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't watch, I don't think I'll ever be able to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only comparable thing I have is KC Jones in I forget which series 85 or 87 using too short of a rotation and C's losing on sheer tiredness of the regs from the mismanagement.
    Pete Carroll not running the ball in the super bowl on the 1 with Beast Mode

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember Timmeh's subtle but clearly unhappy expression and body language when he went to the bench. Umo Ideke had to pat him on the leg, as if to say, "There there."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron really is a lucky son of a . Without the most bizarre sequence of events in sports history, he's light one ring and remembered for bricking a 3 at the end of game 6 as the Spurs celebrate on his home court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron really is a lucky son of a . Without the most bizarre sequence of events in sports history, he's light one ring and remembered for bricking a 3 at the end of game 6 as the Spurs celebrate on his home court.
    Yes, but ... Lebum would have won in 2014 because as we all know, the Spurs lacked the strong mental at ude needed to repeat. So he'd still have the same number of rings.

And Spurs Nation would have been robbed of the greatest redemption story in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2013 version of James is said to be his absolute apex version, in every phase, offense and defense he was a complete game changer.
    Which would have made the Spurs knocking him off even more sweeter.

As you know the revisionists have said 2014 Wade was hobbled and James' role players faded away.
    They could not have said anything had Leonard or Manu hit just one more FT in that last minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but ... Lebum would have won in 2014 because as we all know, the Spurs lacked the strong mental at ude needed to repeat. So he'd still have the same number of rings.

And Spurs Nation would have been robbed of the greatest redemption story in NBA history.
    Nah. The Spurs got better in '14 and the Heat got worse, so that was a Spurs victory regardless. Remember, they won by the largest margin of victory in Finals history. Motivation played some role, but it was also just a case of the better team won convincingly.

I agree about the redemption story being an added bonus, but the Spurs absolutely would have repeated in 13-14.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. The Spurs got better in '14 and the Heat got worse, so that was a Spurs victory regardless. Remember, they won by the largest margin of victory in Finals history. Motivation played some role, but it was also just a case of the better team won convincingly.

I agree about the redemption story being an added bonus, but the Spurs absolutely would have repeated in 13-14.
    I don’t think so. The Spurs were as motivated as you could be in 2014 after what they went through- look how they fizzed the year after.
    I compare San Antonio of 2014 to like a pent up teenager that hadn’t jacked off in 12 months- as Timmy said after OKC ‘we’re going to get it done this time’- they weren’t taking no for an answer, and man, did it produce some of the best basketball I’ve ever seen.
    2013 hurt but without question spurred them on in 14. All’s well that ends well.

edit: talking about redemption made me go and watch that last quarter and OT at OKC, one of my very favourite ever games. Spurs nearly blew their lead in a pivotal game against OKC, something we’d seen before (and since), Ginobili hits a massive 3 to send it to OT, then Timmy pulls out a huge OT.. probably Tims last massive moment in the league, schooling Ibaka down low with classic Timmy post moves and hitting the game sealing banker. OLD. MAN. RIVERWALK!
    Last edited by Longlonglongtimelurk; 04-08-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Thread Information