Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The highlight for us Spurs fans this season by far. Great to see Admiral, Manu, Tony and Pop all there to support the Greatest Power Forward of All Time. Congratulations to Timmy! Miss those guys but good to see them happy as they are all such great human beings, even Tony! Manu, you’re up next for the HOF!
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 05-17-2021 at 01:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favourite TD story is the one told by Ethan Thomas, who was getting advice from Timmy while playing against him

The 2nd one is Pop meeting with Tim in St Croix and talking to him while he was playing video games. Pop thought Tim wasn’t paying attention but he was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome matchup between Duncan and Garnett when both were at their peaks:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, call me crazy but I thought Tim's HOF speech > David's HOF speech.

Sure, David is technically a better speaker, and Tim's speech was full of "um" and "uh" pauses, but the content of his speech was better. He just told his story, nothing more nothing less, and it was authentic as . And it was actually one of the longer speeches too! ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, call me crazy but I thought Tim's HOF speech > David's HOF speech.

Sure, David is technically a better speaker, and Tim's speech was full of "um" and "uh" pauses, but the content of his speech was better. He just told his story, nothing more nothing less, and it was authentic as . And it was actually one of the longer speeches too! ��
    Yeah, some of the speeches came off as really robotic...especially Vanessa's. Don't get me wrong, she is a warrior for even being able to get up and speak on Kobe's behalf after his death, but it felt like she was reading from the teleprompter the whole time.

Tim's was 100% Tim. Nervous, but gracious and simply great. He even threw in some jokes and pulled a couple of laughs out of the audience.

I'll take that 10 out of 10 times over someone who you can tell has prepared and recited their speech 1000 times just to make sure it is "perfect".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favourite TD story is the one told by Ethan Thomas, who was getting advice from Timmy while playing against him

The 2nd one is Pop meeting with Tim in St Croix and talking to him while he was playing video games. Pop thought Tim wasn’t paying attention but he was
    I don't remember that 2nd story, but I do remember reading about Tim watching a football game while Dave Odom was making his recruiting pitch and him thinking Tim was tuning him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, some of the speeches came off as really robotic...especially Vanessa's. Don't get me wrong, she is a warrior for even being able to get up and speak on Kobe's behalf after his death, but it felt like she was reading from the teleprompter the whole time.

Tim's was 100% Tim. Nervous, but gracious and simply great. He even threw in some jokes and pulled a couple of laughs out of the audience.

I'll take that 10 out of 10 times over someone who you can tell has prepared and recited their speech 1000 times just to make sure it is "perfect".
    Complete and powerful, yet still humble and understated. Just like his NBA career. It's almost comical looking at a speech like his, so full of humility, dignity and respect for others, and then look at Jordan's speech from a few years ago.

Timmy is the true GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete and powerful, yet still humble and understated. Just like his NBA career. It's almost comical looking at a speech like his, so full of humility, dignity and respect for others, and then look at Jordan's speech from a few years ago.

Timmy is the true GOAT.
    Tim’s speech was what the speech should be, in that it is basically a thank you for all of the people that helped him make it onto that stage. Jordan’s speech was basically a giant “ you” to everybody he didn’t like or that dared tell him “he wasn’t good enough”

His supporters in the media all applauded him for it, but it was a disastrously awful speech in retrospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised Pop didn't sit him in the last few seconds of his speech.

Thread Information