Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    At least Dwight was athletic

Ainge wouldn’t even make a HS team today
    And Dwight Had no skills. Just dunking. And still waxed LeBron’s ass. Lest we Forget LeBron’s defense that series. All Orlando’s wings shot damn near 50 percent from 3. Lol LeBron

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    2007 East only had two 50 win teams, and one team under .500 making the playoffs

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Damn. Bron shot 41% from the floor and 28% from three that 07 playoff “run”

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    And yet all offences went from inside to outside.
    Or maybe Lebron had a black mark in his career.

Just like Jordan couldn’t get through pistons until expansion broke them apart is a black mark in his career.

Difference is that you had to speak in absolutes and that somehow believe players suddenly got some type of genetic mutation that allowed them to become much better perimeter players.
    I literally never said anything along those lines at all. While you are the one who has repeatedly said that the sole reason for the league to be more perimeter oriented is due to rule changes. That's been the only absolute in our entire debate about this. I've said many times that rule changes absolutely had an influence, it just wasn't the sole influence, and imo not even the main influence. The main influence was everyone wanting to "be like Mike". Then players and coaches realized that running every offense through the post might actually not be the most effective offense. There were a number of different factors that led to it, not just rule changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats disrespectful to Sweet Lou who can't play defense, but is an all around fine scorer not just a spot up shooter...plus he is a decent play maker when not hunting shots he is way more valuable overall than Red korver or the Wedman types of yesteryear
    Sure but he’s still a one dimensional player. Can he be a decent play maker? Sure. Is he? No. He’s a chucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I literally never said anything along those lines at all. While you are the one who has repeatedly said that the sole reason for the league to be more perimeter oriented is due to rule changes. That's been the only absolute in our entire debate about this. I've said many times that rule changes absolutely had an influence, it just wasn't the sole influence, and imo not even the main influence. The main influence was everyone wanting to "be like Mike". Then players and coaches realized that running every offense through the post might actually not be the most effective offense. There were a number of different factors that led to it, not just rule changes.
    I said it was the main reason. Not sole reason.m
    And yes everybody wanted to be like mike so the league changed the rules to speed that up.
    Check the year the perimeter illegal rules changed (00-01). Pretty much all notable perimeter player had a major increase in scoring that year. Stackhouse, Pierce, Iverson, Kobe, tmac, carter, Allen. 7 of the top ten scorers that year were wing players and 1 of the remaining 3 bigs are known to operate in the perimeter (Antawn Jamison) only Shaq (monster) and Weber (still has terrific perimeter skills) were true bigs.

The previous year? Only 5 out of the top 10.

So it’s pretty obvious the rule changes had a huge impact on perimeter scoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Dwight Had no skills. Just dunking. And still waxed LeBron’s ass. Lest we Forget LeBron’s defense that series. All Orlando’s wings shot damn near 50 percent from 3. Lol LeBron
    Well he was still the best Center in the NBA back then

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh come on. He's a fiery version of Kyle Korver who made an all star team this past decade.

At least Dwight was athletic

Ainge wouldn’t even make a HS team today

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Oh come on. He's a fiery version of Kyle Korver who made an all star team this past decade.
    Ainge a little better than Korver. Their two highest scoring seasons - Korver 14 & 12 and Ainge - 18 & 17

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that dumbass David Aldridge saying no one before Scottie picked Magic full court

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not only that, dude could get under anyone's skin which is an underrated asset...
    Ainge a little better than Korver. Their two highest scoring seasons - Korver 14 & 12 and Ainge - 18 & 17

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure but he’s still a one dimensional player. Can he be a decent play maker? Sure. Is he? No. He’s a chucker.
    Trez would disagree he has fed him some ray dunks... He does shoot to much but they have developed a nice pnr game.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Well he was still the best Center in the NBA back then
    LeBron got his ass waxed by a who grabs other men’s crotches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loving the Doc so far.. The Jordan GOAT Talk does get annoying with the whole 6/6 les argument.. Lets be honest, Jordan did get lucky to play in the 90's.. Because in the 80's you had the 76ers, Celts, Lakers, Pistons all historically great teams playing in the decade. By 1990 all those teams got old.. Ewing and the Knicks, Reggie and the Pacers, Barkley and the Suns, Blazers with Clyde, not the same..

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Pretty much all notable perimeter player had a major increase in scoring that year. Stackhouse, Pierce, Iverson, Kobe, tmac, carter, Allen.
    yeah im sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they were all in the first five years of their career and had no natural growth as players, or had nothing to do with coaches recognizing their development and giving them an even more increased role in the offense

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Loving the Doc so far.. The Jordan GOAT Talk does get annoying with the whole 6/6 les argument.. Lets be honest, Jordan did get lucky to play in the 90's.. Because in the 80's you had the 76ers, Celts, Lakers, Pistons all historically great teams playing in the decade. By 1990 all those teams got old.. Ewing and the Knicks, Reggie and the Pacers, Barkley and the Suns, Blazers with Clyde, not the same..
    If Jordan didn't exist then Ewing has atleast 1 ring, same with Barkley and Malone might have a few. Shaq possibly remains in Orlando.

I think a specific couple teams were above and beyond - 1986 Celtics or 1987 Lakers but I am not sure the rest should be considered superior. Maybe the East as a whole was stronger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trez would disagree he has fed him some ray dunks... He does shoot to much but they have developed a nice pnr game.
    That’s why I said he can but he just isn’t.

His game reminds me of vinnie Johnson. Just that Lou can actually play make but chose not to while vinnie can’t even do it properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah im sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they were all in the first five years of their career and had no natural growth as players, or had nothing to do with coaches recognizing their development and giving them an even more increased role in the offense
    SHow me a single other year where all perimeter or inside players suddenly has a dramatic increase in scoring.

And first five years? Is that some sort of magic cut off? How did you come up with five years?

And you need a few more emojis to cover you just ignoring the rest of the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jordan didn't exist then Ewing has atleast 1 ring, same with Barkley and Malone might have a few. Shaq possibly remains in Orlando.

I think a specific couple teams were above and beyond - 1986 Celtics or 1987 Lakers but I am not sure the rest should be considered superior. Maybe the East as a whole was stronger
    If Stern didn’t exist other players would have a ring

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If Stern didn’t exist other players would have a ring
    Stern had a vicious post game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ewing who I loved had 2 years with no Jordan in the way, and still did not get it done. Needed 7 and a bad call to beat the Bulls in 94..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ewing who I loved had 2 years with no Jordan in the way, and still did not get it done. Needed 7 and a bad call to beat the Bulls in 94..
    Cool the refs helped Jordan vs NY in 92 amd 93

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cool the refs helped Jordan vs NY in 92 amd 93

Everyone is aware of your narrative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone is aware of your narrative
    I know it’s hatd to accept your idol was really a flawed manufactured star
    Nostalgia is a of a drug

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    SHow me a single other year where all perimeter or inside players suddenly has a dramatic increase in scoring.
    nope, don't care enough to research it tbh. you win this one to your victory. congrats, you have apparently proven that rule changes are bar none the biggest reason perimeter play is superior these days, as it is based off of the stats of young developing star perimeter players who's stats improved. and it certainly accounts for the fact that some of the players you mentioned actually had bigger increases in scoring in previous years, or that ray allen actually had a scoring decrease the year of the rule change even though you claimed he had a "major" and "dramatic" increase. job well done sir.

And first five years? Is that some sort of magic cut off? How did you come up with five years?
    the point was it was still early in their careers, a time when players have still not reached their prime and we're still developing as players. oops sorry it was stacks 6th year

And you need a few more emojis to cover you just ignoring the rest of the post.
    um ok? enjoy
    Last edited by Neo.; 04-28-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Thread Information