Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,046 of 1046
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are ignoring all the heavy lifting it required to reach that point. The crushing losses the tens of thousands of hours in practice, the physically fighting teammates and burning personal bridges it took to Win. Instead you fast forward straight to - put on shorts and lace up sneakers stage

Durant you can cross right off considering he bolted on OKC with his own Pippen on the team. The crap LeBron gets, Durant essentially bolted the Chicago Bulls to play on the Lakers.

Kobe and Bird - yes. They have the skills, drive and demeanor

Wade - seems too buddy buddy with his teammates

Leonard - 3rd best option on your list. Just not sure he has the explosive game changing skills to draw in players early in career like Jordan did. Plus he seems too shy and lead by example type

Some people seem to only see the big picture - 6/6 les. But there were several lucky breaks that made this happen such as Jordan taking a break for 1 year. Rodman becoming available. Kukoc arriving and agreeing to stunt his one growth for the teams success.
    You're also ignoring that Phil Jackson could have made any of these other guys winners.

Phil won FIVE MORE RINGS without Jordan. Jordan without Phil was a career loser and he knew it. Why do I say that? Because he admittedly refused to return if Jackson wasn't returning with him

Jordan without Phil was Russell Westbrook or Dominique Wilkins, a great athlete, but a stat-padding loser.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you really think Phil is that great? He had the best players on the planet in both Chicago and LA. That kinda helps

You're also ignoring that Phil Jackson could have made any of these other guys winners.

Phil won FIVE MORE RINGS without Jordan. Jordan without Phil was a career loser and he knew it. Why do I say that? Because he admittedly refused to return if Jackson wasn't returning with him

Jordan without Phil was Russell Westbrook or Dominique Wilkins, a great athlete, but a stat-padding loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was ringless without Phil

Also : “if Phil doesn’t come back this will be my last season in Chicago

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Phil knows exactly which buttons to push with each player and corky off the court content to keep it fresh. But he packed it in for stretches and just allowed the leaders to handle it. Notorious for not calling timeouts during opposing runs. I think Phil had strong fundamentals as a player and he became locked in with Tex Winter. Already on staff. Very successful combo.

Phil fueled the conflict between front office and players. He likely already had 1 foot out the door in 1998. He could at times complain too much within a series when clearly holding the strongest hand.

Overall Phil more important than the entire front office? Not sure. I think they equally needed each other for 6. MJ would have carried Doug Collins across. Krause hired Phil.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True true

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can all the "I don't think he was hangover" folks get with the programme now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess Pip is trying to be like one of these modern day rappers with cryptic disses. Just come out and say what you want to say Scottie, we all understand you are salty.

Can all the "I don't think he was hangover" folks get with the programme now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie spitting facts
    anyone who believes that pizza story is dumb AF

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Being under the weather and still beating the Jazz. Yesterday's NBA

Tony Allen would score 50 points per game in that pathetic ass era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being under the weather and still beating the Jazz. Yesterday's NBA

Tony Allen would score 50 points per game in that pathetic ass era
    Well duh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie spitting facts
    anyone who believes that pizza story is dumb AF
    Scottie better get himself some body guards. He’s messing with the guy who’d kill his own father over money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching it on Netflix.

Jordan is undoubtedly the man but the way he was sitting there complaining about how Pippen was selfish for trying to get paid while his ass was getting overpaid was a bit ironic.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Watching it on Netflix.

Jordan is undoubtedly the man but the way he was sitting there complaining about how Pippen was selfish for trying to get paid while his ass was getting overpaid was a bit ironic.

Jordan was underpaid most of his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be overpaid if he played today

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Jordan was underpaid all of his career
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...=pocket-newtab

If you young'ns never read the Jordan Rules, go read it. it was a fun book that was controversial at the time, but revealed to be true as the years went by.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...=pocket-newtab

If you young'ns never read the Jordan Rules, go read it. it was a fun book that was controversial at the time, but revealed to be true as the years went by.
    Good stuff tbh

Thread Information