Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron was shut down by JJ Barea and got his pushed in by JET in the finals
    Then what happened to the Mavs?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Then what happened to the Mavs?
    They won the le they also curbstomped kobe and the lakers on the way, lest we forget

The skunker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair , JET and Barrea would be stars in the 80s 90s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a point. Who were the other premier perimeter players back then outside of Jordan and Pippen? Drexler is the only other two-way player who had the size and athleticism I can remember. Bird was on a decline while Thomas and Dumars, though very good, were quite small compared to the MJ-Pippen combo. The MJ-Pippen combo's closest comparison would be like seeing Kobe and Kawhi playing together for the same team.
    Starks was 6’5”
    Mitch Richmond
    Sean Elliott would guard jordan time to time
    Rolando Blackman
    Anfernee hardaway nick anderson combo
    Dan marjele was like 6’6”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starks was 6’5”
    Mitch Richmond
    Sean Elliott would guard jordan time to time
    Rolando Blackman
    Anfernee hardaway nick anderson combo
    Dan marjele was like 6’6”
    Stark was still smaller and was a grocery bagger
    Blackman was nowhere near the athletiicism of Jordan
    Penny didn’t guard Jordan often, and when Jordan guarded him he would demolish him
    Richmond did give Jordan fits but he was in the Weat and his teams didn’t have long seasons or were not good enough

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the Kang being guarded by Jeff Hornacek and John Stockton in the Finals?
    dribble....dribble

Clank a 3

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Stark was still smaller and was a grocery bagger
    Blackman was nowhere near the athletiicism of Jordan
    Penny didn’t guard Jordan often, and when Jordan guarded him he would demolish him
    Richmond did give Jordan fits but he was in the Weat and his teams didn’t have long seasons or were not good enough
    Wilkins
    Dumars
    Reggie
    Steve Smith
    Glen Rice
    Maxwell
    Harper (pre injury)
    Petrovic
    Reggie Lewis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilkins
    Dumars
    Reggie
    Steve Smith
    Glen Rice
    Maxwell
    Harper (pre injury)
    Petrovic
    Reggie Lewis
    - not the same position so not a direct matchup
    - Smaller and not athletic
    - Skinny and one dimensional, lol Klay Thompson is better
    - Slow and not athletic enough
    - Small Forward so not a direct matchup
    - talented but toooo streaky
    - too injured
    - killed by Stern
    - Small forward so not a direct matchup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dribble....dribble

Clank a 3
    Agreed
    He would totally do that

Because he would be bored to death after dropping an easy 70 points on the Utah State A&M Community College Astrology Club

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Agreed
    He would totally do that

Because he would be bored to death after dropping an easy 70 points on the Utah State A&M Community College Astrology Club
    Lebron too mentally weak. Preoccupied with dancing and tacos

Kobe, you might have a point there

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dribble....dribble

Clank a 3
    You silly. Who back then strong enough to stop him from going anywhere he wanted to go? Karl Malone? Not enough footspeed. Pippen? Maybe, but he too light in the ass.

-50 points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron too mentally weak. Preoccupied with dancing and tacos

Kobe, you might have a point there
    lol at the notion of Lebron being mentally weak... I guess Jordan never cleired to the officials when the Pistons were skull ung him
    Oh wait he did :lo

at Kobe too; the guy who went AWOL in the 2nd half of a game 7 vs the ty Suns ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not like today’s nba is filled with great perimeter defenders. Kawhi is being overrated by the day and hasn’t been a day to day lock down defender this year.

Paul George gets annihilated by the same accountants you guys a clowning.

Klay Thompson is the definition of an average defender being overrated due to the team he’s associated with.

Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly are about the size of an average spurstalker, but with muscles instead of fat.

Lebron James is on cruise mode most of the year.

Rodman, one of the greatest defenders, would guard Jordan regularly, along with Dumars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not like today’s nba is filled with great perimeter defenders. Kawhi is being overrated by the day and hasn’t been a day to day lock down defender this year.

Klay Thompson is the definition of an average defender being overrated due to the team he’s associated with.

Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly are about the size of an average spurstalker, but with muscles instead of fat.

Rodman, one of the greatest defenders, would guard Jordan regularly, along with Dumars.
    Tbh I think every era has its pros and cons.

They are just different , at the end of the day I think it just comes down to personal preference (or what one grew up watching)

Jordan was great tbh but the constant veneration and all the narratives (undisputed goat, herp derp, beat x player, mj would never etc )is annoying, and I think people hate him because of that but it’s not his fault

As Rodman said during the 80s : “Jordan this, Jordan that... I don’t hate the guy, I’m just tired of hearing about him”

Jordan riders are so easy to rile up on social media tbh
    That Barry Mc iner doing the Lord’s work

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    To be fair , JET and Barrea would be stars in the 80s 90s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They are just different , at the end of the day I think it just comes down to personal preference (or what one grew up watching)

Jordan was great tbh but the constant veneration and all the narratives (undisputed goat, herp derp, beat x player, mj would never etc )is annoying, and I think people hate him because of that but it’s not his fault

As Rodman said during the 80s : “Jordan this, Jordan that... I don’t hate the guy, I’m just tired of hearing about him”

I’ll say that in the old days, more dudes brought a lunch pail to work. Sure they weren’t as athletic as guys with today’s training, but the league as a whole was tougher, more grit.

Nowadays, guys just make too much money to bring it hard every night. They’re too concerned about the brands, even the scrubs have brands. . Any resistance and dudes will just step back and launch.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jordan got outscored by Danny Pastor Ainge and fouled out in an elimination game
    I beat my compe ion. LeBron joined his.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    lol at the notion of Lebron being mentally weak... I guess Jordan never cleired to the officials when the Pistons were skull ung him
    Oh wait he did :lo

at Kobe too; the guy who went AWOL in the 2nd half of a game 7 vs the ty Suns ?
    3-6 in the finals ain’t exactly mentally strong. I guess no one remembers Paul George and Roy Hibbert stuffing LeBron’s dookie hole. Bosh had to come back hurt and save that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll say that in the old days, more dudes brought a lunch pail to work. Sure they weren’t as athletic as guys with today’s training, but the league as a whole was tougher, more grit.

Nowadays, guys just make too much money to bring it hard every night. They’re too concerned about the brands, even the scrubs have brands. . Any resistance and dudes will just step back and launch.
    That “thoughness” was just compensating for lack of defensive skills tbh

As for players and their brands , it’s not new tbh , yesterda’s players valued that as well but it was newer back then, so today’s playets being more involved in their brands than older generations is just a natural progression tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    That “thoughness” was just compensating for lack of defensive skills tbh

As for players and their brands , it’s not new tbh , yesterda’s players valued that as well but it was newer back then, so today’s playets being more involved in their brands than older generations is just a natural progression tbh
    That involvement in brands is a reason why they are fundamentally weaker. Another puppet master. Which is especially puzzling considering the stars make greater player salaries today
    Last edited by FrostKing; 04-21-2020 at 11:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan is still is the undisputed GOAT. There's no question about that. However, old-timers would get riled up one when player, like James, gets mentioned as a potential GOAT contender. The gap between Jordan and James is closer than many people think. If the Bulls came back to try to win 4 straight in 99, they won't come out of the East or if they did, the Spurs would sweep them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jordan is still is the undisputed GOAT. There's no question about that. However, old-timers would get riled up one when player, like James, gets mentioned as a potential GOAT contender. The gap between Jordan and James is closer than many people think. If the Bulls came back to try to win 4 straight in 99, they won't come out of the East or if they did, the Spurs would sweep them.
    Jordan dominated subs ute teachers, CPAs, and plumbers. 90s defenses were not complex either. Sequence:

Jordan takes someone off the dribble and dunks.

Crowd: ooooooh!

Bad Boyz get mad. Next time Jordan tries that, Rodman clotheslined him or suplexes him.

Phil Jackson complains thru the media.

Results: Bad Boys no longer can rough up His Airness without impunity. Players can't even look at Mike without it being a tech.

Mike goes on to win 6 rings.

/The End

What Jordan got away with is equivalent to modern day white privilegePERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This I do agree. Jordan was great but he’s so overrated. People make is sound like he never lost a game in his life and scores 35 points every game. He got beat by the pistons. He struggled against the sonics in the finals (rodman or Pippen should have won the FMVP).

He didn’t win 6 rings by himself. Pippen was a beast, his team got away with all kinds of stuff, the east was weak and Krause the Hutt was great building a very particular type of team to magnify Jordan’s strength so that the bulls can win.

Thread Information