Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    AD came to LA to join him.

Jordan taught Donkey how to beg for a superstar after a playoff loss. After Horace Grant kicked his ass, he went out and got Rodman - ANOTHER HOF player he needed to win. No Rodman? He's light 3 and you know it.
    Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, Davis. And still a 3-6 finals record. Maybe it’s not the teammates.....

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I always wondered where is that GIF from. Bulls won their 6th in Utah, using the red unis. Or is the Mandela effect playing a trick on me?
    This is 1997. Jordan is flirting with fans about returning. It wasn't guaranteed. Last Dance was arguably an encore. Argument against a 4th attempt.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah LeBron was busy getting his buddies like Tristan Thompson paid and hamstringing the salary cap and then crying that he didn’t have enough help
    Kareem twice beat the team that swept the Bulls twice. Think about that son.

Jabbar > JordanPERIOD.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You could have plugged several lunch pal type players in there and still won a ring or two during that time frame. They were ready made, just lacking a dirty work player.

Kurt Thomas
    Otis Thorpe
    Robert Horry
    Anthony Mason
    Antonio Mcdyess

Just to name a handful. Rodman just happened to be better than all of them.

AD came to LA to join him.

Jordan taught Donkey how to beg for a superstar after a playoff loss. After Horace Grant kicked his ass, he went out and got Rodman - ANOTHER HOF player he needed to win. No Rodman? He's light 3 and you know it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Kareem twice beat the team that swept the Bulls twice. Think about that son.

Jabbar > JordanPERIOD.
    LeBron as the head dog lost to the team that Dwayne Wade beat as the head dog. WITH Wade. Think about that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, Davis. And still a 3-6 finals record. Maybe it’s not the teammates.....
    Big whoop.

2016 Dubs
    2017 Dubs
    2018 Dubs

ALL better than the Finals compe ion Jordan ever faced. Facts.

And that 2017 Dubs team would beat the 96 Bulls team. Bron is 1-2 vs super teams. Jordan has no wins vs a super team.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You could have plugged several lunch pal type players in there and still won a ring or two during that time frame. They were ready made, just lacking a dirty work player.

Kurt Thomas
    Otis Thorpe
    Robert Horry
    Anthony Mason
    Antonio Mcdyess

Go look at those games in 95 vs ORL. Bulls could not secure a rebound when it mattered.
    Give and take. A weaker defender means more defensive duty for Michael but lighter load on offense. Jordan was just such an efficient scorer the Bulls went with MJ+Kukoc+Pippen/Bench. 80 points.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron gets beat down for losing to the 1 star Mavs in 2011...and scoring 8 points in one of those games

And in 2014 losing in record fashion to the spurs...this after he formed a superteam to get not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 but 8 les

This is not alpha male type accomplishments on the basketball court In the words of George Carlin, these are the type of results you'd expect from intern with a bad at ude.

Why not? Because Jordan had a better teammate than Bron ever did and beat lesser compe ion in the Finals? Jordan NEVER beat a super team in the playoffs. Yes, Bird's Celtics were a super team that swept his Arrogantness TWICE. But Bron gets beat down for losing twice to the Dubs? 2017 Dubs would beat the 96 Bulls too.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Btw, who did LeBron even make better as players? , Pippen got better playing with me. Bosh and Love were relegated to three point shooters with LeBron. Lakers built a team around LeBron last year and missed the playoffs. Ol boy needs All Stars

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Big whoop.

2016 Dubs
    2017 Dubs
    2018 Dubs

ALL better than the Finals compe ion Jordan ever faced. Facts.

And that 2017 Dubs team would beat the 96 Bulls team. Bron is 1-2 vs super teams. Jordan has no wins vs a super team.
    Warriors have no post presence. Rodman and Kukoc would exploit.

Heatles better matchup.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kurt Thomas
    Otis Thorpe
    Robert Horry
    Anthony Mason
    Antonio Mcdyess

Go look at those games in 95 vs ORL. Bulls could not secure a rebound when it mattered.
    Oh I know - good post BTW. The Last Dance made it seem like MJ was infallible.

Lakers and/or the Celtics were in the Finals 8 times in the 80s. Why didn't Jordan win then? Perhaps he wasn't good enough.

He didn't win until Jabbar retired

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rodman is a great post defender. How would he be chasing around Curry or Klay? You know Kerr would make him switch off KD. Let's not act like Jordan was some spring chicken either in 1996. All major players on that 2017 Dubs team were in their primes. 2017 Dubs in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah LeBron was busy getting his buddies like Tristan Thompson paid and hamstringing the salary cap and then crying that he didn’t have enough help
    If it was up to Jordan, Doug Collins would have coached him all his life and Jackson would have never got a chance. The luck of having a FO that knows what's better for you, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm on the other side of the debate, but disagree with this.

Lebron elevated the play of a scrubs like Matthew Delavedova. (spelling?) Some guy name Boobie (Daniel Gibson) and others. He does make players better. He just ldoesn't have the killer instinct and drive that MJ had.

Btw, who did LeBron even make better as players? , Pippen got better playing with me. Bosh and Love were relegated to three point shooters with LeBron. Lakers built a team around LeBron last year and missed the playoffs. Ol boy needs All Stars

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    34K points
    8K rebounds
    8K assists

You even said a few posts ago that he got Tristan Kardashian paid. But now he doesn't make his teammates better? And who scored on those 8K assists?

Say it with me: Pippen made Jordan's teammates better.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Rodman is a great post defender. How would he be chasing around Curry or Klay? You know Kerr would make him switch off KD. Let's not act like Jordan was some spring chicken either in 1996. All major players on that 2017 Dubs team were in their primes. 2017 Dubs in 5.
    PG: Curry
    SG: Klay
    SF: AI
    PF: Durant
    C: Green

Rodman would guard Durant. Toni takes Green's picks. Pippen helps on Michael/Harper.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh I know - good post BTW. The Last Dance made it seem like MJ was infallible.

Lakers and/or the Celtics were in the Finals 8 times in the 80s. Why didn't Jordan win then? Perhaps he wasn't good enough.

He didn't win until Jabbar retired
    In all fairness that was not objective journalism or anything It was Jordan telling us what he wanted us to hear. Still enjoyed it, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heatles better matchup.
    Don't care to get in the whole Warriors/Bulls argument. But how are Kukoc and Rodman suppossed to "exploit" the post? Kukoc is a finesse perimeter player and Rodman was a non-factor offensively.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    22 year old Bron had no business in the Finals. Of course he lost to the Spurs. What was 22 year old Jordan doing - oh that's right: getting swept by Bird in the 1st round. But at least it wasn't a Finals loss

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Don't care to get in the whole Warriors/Bulls argument. But how are Kukoc and Rodman suppossed to "exploit" the post? Kukoc is a finesse perimeter player and Rodman was a non-factor offensively.
    Rodman guards their most versatile offensive weapon. 14+ rebounds

Kukoc is guarded by Green. Further weakening the post by pulling him out.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The big question is what rules are they playing by?

If it's 90's rough and rugged ball, Bulls win hands down. Rodman would terrify KD and probably limit him to 15 pgg on 30% shooting. In fact, KD would probably suck his thumb on the bench and retire after the series ended.

PG: Curry
    SG: Klay
    SF: AI
    PF: Durant
    C: Green

Rodman would guard Durant. Toni takes Green's picks. Pippen helps on Michael/Harper.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In all fairness that was not objective journalism or anything It was Jordan telling us what he wanted us to hear. Still enjoyed it, though.

No lie, I didn't watch even 1 episode. I am on Twitter a lot - so I got the basic premise.

Our country is suffering right now. Especially with no sports. What does Jordan do? Tryna play on simpletons emotions. He ain't slick

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Quite pathetic how Jamirez has turned into a lebron knob slobber after ting on him forever dude has zero convictions tbh.. but then again thats laker fans in a nuts so not really surprised

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And let's talk about Air Jaundice taste in women

Is he still making moose support payments?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The big question is what rules are they playing by?

If it's 90's rough and rugged ball, Bulls win hands down. Rodman would terrify KD and probably limit him to 15 pgg on 30% shooting. In fact, KD would probably suck his thumb on the bench and retire after the series ended.
    Do I get to choose 1991 MJ in this matchup

Thread Information