Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here in Canada we had weekly episodes available on Netflix every Sunday a few hours after they have aired on ESPN (since ESPN is not officially available here)

In the US I think it will be on Netflix only in July

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    true the quality is much better

I knew about Kerr's dad and Rodman's escapades

But I didn't know about Jordan actually going to knock on Rodman's door in that Las Vegas hotel , holy

By the way forthose who say they weren't hugging or shaking hands after games back in the days, we saw plenty of that with Bird, Miller and Jordan in the arena hallways
    Also Jordan was playing golf with Ainge or Barkley in the middlle of their playoff series
    Well i heard that Rodman had an apt near the United center. And he had already returned from Vegas when Jordan got him out of his slumber.

And yeah i saw pleasantries exchanged. Like a smile...how's your family...eff you . No mention of teaming up together to try and finally win something . Also load management? Pippen played through a busted back. In this era they'd take 2 years off for that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well i heard that Rodman had an apt near the United center. And he had already returned from Vegas when Jordan got him out of his slumber.

And yeah i saw pleasantries exchanged. Like a smile...how's your family...eff you . No mention of teaming up together to try and finally win something . Also load management? Pippen played through a busted back. In this era they'd take 2 years off for that
    Jordan took 1.5 years off and was burned out after both threepeats
    He benefited from load management

As for Rodman I thought Jordan flew to the Vegas hotel where Rodman was staying

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

And I learned some things I did not know. Steve Kerr's dad,
    Then you probably never heard of this

> "Shouts of “PLO, PLO . . . " and “Your father’s history,” and “Why don’t you join the Marines and go back to Beirut?” by a small group of students caused Kerr to sit down for a few minutes to regain his composure.

The taunting took place about a half-hour before game time, with only about 1,000 of the eventual crowd of 12,784 at Arizona State’s University Activity Center."

Kerr got emotional on the bench crying. Then hit 6-three pointers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate that Ron Harper gets no love at all in this do entary. In his last year with the Clippers, he averaged 20.1 pts, 6.1 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 1.9 steals per game.
    He gave up most of that to be a 6'6" guy who focused on defense starting at PG beside Jordan & Pippen. I was explaining this to my girlfriend during that last episode as Stockton took his last second attempt at the end of Game 6-- and Bob Costas yells "Harper got a piece of it, Harper got a piece of it!" Every PG that faced the Bulls that year started against either a 6'6" SG (Harper or Jordan), or Pippen. That's one of the reasons their D was so great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mario Elie, Jaren Jackson, Terry Porter, Steve Kerr, Danny Ferry.

Before TP and Manu, it was a slow methodical game. Dump into into Tim or David(usually on high post) and wait for the double so you can shoot a jumper.
    Mario Elie - 36 years old in 2000, left for one more year with Phoenix. Doesn't matter though, Duncan was hurt and the Spurs were booted off in the first round that year.
    Jaren Jackson - He was done after the handchecking came in, became totally useless on the defensive end.
    Terry Porter - 38 years old in 2002, he retired after that season.
    Steve Smith - 32 years old in 2002, his shooting fell off a cliff the year after, and his post season play that year was embarrassing.
    Danny Ferry - 35 years old in 2002, and he never had much of a prime and retired after 03. One of the greatest busts of all time.

Point is, other than Steve Smith, none of those players were expected to do much as shooters to open up the lane for the Spurs. They are not Mad Max, prime Elie, Cassell, Drexler, and the Jet. They are like the Scott Brooks and Pete Chilcutts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 years old? eww lmao
    Technically I think she got preggo at 12, she gave birth at 13, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true the quality is much better

I knew about Kerr's dad and Rodman's escapades

But I didn't know about Jordan actually going to knock on Rodman's door in that Las Vegas hotel , holy

By the way forthose who say they weren't hugging or shaking hands after games back in the days, we saw plenty of that with Bird, Miller and Jordan in the arena hallways
    Also Jordan was playing golf with Ainge or Barkley in the middlle of their playoff series
    Jordan's known for that. he pretended to be friends with Barkley so that the Chuckster would let his guard down, but called him a fat duck behind his back. He was friendly with Oakley when they were teammates in Chicago so that he can have a bodyguard, and stayed friendly with Oakley so that Oakley wouldn't demolish him in the paint like Laimbeer or Mahorn would. Russell did the same to Wilt and invited him over for dinners and stuff, but secretly hate the man.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not saying any of them were as good ad Drexler or Mad max. They were scrubs who shot open threes. Some of them, however, helped the Spurs win a le.

Mario Elie - 36 years old in 2000, left for one more year with Phoenix. Doesn't matter though, Duncan was hurt and the Spurs were booted off in the first round that year.
    Jaren Jackson - He was done after the handchecking came in, became totally useless on the defensive end.
    Terry Porter - 38 years old in 2002, he retired after that season.
    Steve Smith - 32 years old in 2002, his shooting fell off a cliff the year after, and his post season play that year was embarrassing.
    Danny Ferry - 35 years old in 2002, and he never had much of a prime and retired after 03. One of the greatest busts of all time.

Point is, other than Steve Smith, none of those players were expected to do much as shooters to open up the lane for the Spurs. They are not Mad Max, prime Elie, Cassell, Drexler, and the Jet. They are like the Scott Brooks and Pete Chilcutts.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Oh but he's the king right? I've been hearing that bull about him since he came into the league. So go ahead "king", take over early. Expectations are high for self proclaimed kings.
    lol why are you so butthurt by lebron? he didnt even proclaim himself the "king", it was a nickname local newspapers gave him in highschool that everyone continued to call him

he came into the league with the biggest expectations of any player ever, and has done nothing but live up to them and is pretty widely considered a top 5 player ever, despite still being in the midst of dominant years of his career. he may very well still compete for MVPs and championships for another 2-4 years, and even after that still probably be a top 10 player

idk what more you can ask of him. but apparently in your eyes, you want him to beat teams that far and away outmatch his. which btw he actually did in 2016 finals. MJ never did anything like that. now just to be fair, if we want to throw the dallas series out there, then okay those two series pretty much wash each other out. every other finals that lebrons teams were supposed to win, they won. the finals they should have lost, they lost. its pretty much the same with mike. he had no business losing any of the finals series, and they didnt lose any of them.

however it should be noted that two of lebrons finals losses, his teams had some pretty significant injuries. wade was dealing with injuries all year in 13-14, and was visibly playing hurt all through the playoffs. shane battier who was a frequent starter dealt with injuries though the year and missed some playoff games too. then in 14-15 as we know Kyrie and Love both were out for the finals. not sure why hes expected to beat a dominant 67 win team without his 2nd and 3rd options. if were gonna give MJ a pass for getting gangraped by the pistons in game 7 when scottie had his "migraine", or for getting swept by the magic and getting completely destroyed by penny on defense because he was "not himself", then we gotta give some passes to lebron too. the double standards are really pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do they even have HD footage from the '90s? I thought that technology didn't exist at the time.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It existed it was just expensive as .

How do they even have HD footage from the '90s? I thought that technology didn't exist at the time.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Neo, did the local newspaper guys hold him down and tattoo "Chosen1" on his back as well?

I have said that in 2007 and even 2015 I do not hold those losses against him. Both those teams were extremly overmatched and in 2015 they put up a great effort, despite all that and that is to Lebron's credit.

But even so, still put's him with a losing Final's record of 3-4. Wade being banged up in 2014 is like Pippen throwing his back out in the 98 Finals and Rodman being bored and disinterested in anything outside of Carmen Electra. The Bulls still find a way behind their leader. This is what people have expected of Lebron since he is the "Chosen1" as his tattoo and nickname suggest.

I know you guys consider me a hater or whatever, but I really don't agree. I appreciate his talent and effort for what it is, but I am just baffled as to how anyone can honestly place him above Jordan. He's top 5, IMO. MJ, Kareem and Maybe Wilt and all the others are debatable.

lol why are you so butthurt by lebron? he didnt even proclaim himself the "king", it was a nickname local newspapers gave him in highschool that everyone continued to call him

he came into the league with the biggest expectations of any player ever, and has done nothing but live up to them and is pretty widely considered a top 5 player ever, despite still being in the midst of dominant years of his career. he may very well still compete for MVPs and championships for another 2-4 years, and even after that still probably be a top 10 player

idk what more you can ask of him. but apparently in your eyes, you want him to beat teams that far and away outmatch his. which btw he actually did in 2016 finals. MJ never did anything like that. now just to be fair, if we want to throw the dallas series out there, then okay those two series pretty much wash each other out. every other finals that lebrons teams were supposed to win, they won. the finals they should have lost, they lost. its pretty much the same with mike. he had no business losing any of the finals series, and they didnt lose any of them.

however it should be noted that two of lebrons finals losses, his teams had some pretty significant injuries. wade was dealing with injuries all year in 13-14, and was visibly playing hurt all through the playoffs. shane battier who was a frequent starter dealt with injuries though the year and missed some playoff games too. then in 14-15 as we know Kyrie and Love both were out for the finals. not sure why hes expected to beat a dominant 67 win team without his 2nd and 3rd options. if were gonna give MJ a pass for getting gangraped by the pistons in game 7 when scottie had his "migraine", or for getting swept by the magic and getting completely destroyed by penny on defense because he was "not himself", then we gotta give some passes to lebron too. the double standards are really pathetic.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate that Ron Harper gets no love at all in this do entary. In his last year with the Clippers, he averaged 20.1 pts, 6.1 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 1.9 steals per game.
    He gave up most of that to be a 6'6" guy who focused on defense starting at PG beside Jordan & Pippen. I was explaining this to my girlfriend during that last episode as Stockton took his last second attempt at the end of Game 6-- and Bob Costas yells "Harper got a piece of it, Harper got a piece of it!" Every PG that faced the Bulls that year started against either a 6'6" SG (Harper or Jordan), or Pippen. That's one of the reasons their D was so great.
    Yes. Also 7-2 Longley and 6-11 Kukoc. Except for Kerr they were all tall.

That was no mistake. All those role players were tall/long, high IQ and could hit the open jumper. It was a system.

Harper went onto start for the 2000 Lakers

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What are your thoughts on the triangle offense? Overrated or did it actually aid the Bulls and Lakers in their le quests?

Yes. Also 7-2 Longley and 6-11 Kukoc. Except for Kerr they were all tall.

That was no mistake. All those role players were tall/long, high IQ and could hit the open jumper. It was a system.

Harper went onto start for the 2000 Lakers

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Neo, did the local newspaper guys hold him down and tattoo "Chosen1" on his back as well?

I have said that in 2007 and even 2015 I do not hold those losses against him. Both those teams were extremly overmatched and in 2015 they put up a great effort, despite all that and that is to Lebron's credit.

But even so, still put's him with a losing Final's record of 3-4. Wade being banged up in 2014 is like Pippen throwing his back out in the 98 Finals and Rodman being bored and disinterested in anything outside of Carmen Electra. The Bulls still find a way behind their leader. This is what people have expected of Lebron since he is the "Chosen1" as his tattoo and nickname suggest.

I know you guys consider me a hater or whatever, but I really don't agree. I appreciate his talent and effort for what it is, but I am just baffled as to how anyone can honestly place him above Jordan. He's top 5, IMO. MJ, Kareem and Maybe Wilt and all the others are debatable.
    2011 Finals is where he lost any chance at being in the conversation

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

In my experience watching NBA for over 25 years - newer players will arrive. They will be even more enamored and en led. People will realize that last guy actually wasn't so evil and will cherish him. Happened to me with Shaq and then Kobe

But then Lebron will no longer get that current player hype. There will be a new guy proclaimed the next Jordan and Lebron will slide down the totem pole to his rightful place. Until then we cannot fully reflect on his career.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What are your thoughts on the triangle offense? Overrated or did it actually aid the Bulls and Lakers in their le quests?
    I am no triangle expert. We had a little exchange on here about it recently and almost all said Triangles influence was overstated.

I think it was not as needed in LAL because they had 2 elite scorers. Especially one in the post.

In Chicago the goal was to not allow defenses to zero in on MJ. I do believe it played a vital part. Likely the reason why Rodman's offensive deficiencies were masked. Rodman benefited on the boards because the offenses constant movement resulted in defenders out of position when the ball went up. Bulls also had a ton of assists in mid air - Jordan/Pippen went up for a shot but instead hit a cutter for an easy basket.

I read Kukoc AMA on reddit recently, he said Phil forced new arrivals to take a 10 question quiz on the triangle. Until this quiz was passed they would not play. Toni admitted he struggled but Pippen helped him grasp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 2011 Mavs swept the 2 time defending champions Lakers and then beat a talented OKC team but people seem to forget that

Not to mention nobody was stopping Dirk that year and the Mavs Zone D was fantastic

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Those 2011 Mavs swept the 2 time defending champions Lakers and then beat a talented OKC team but people seem to forget that

Not to mention nobody was stopping Dirk that year and the Mavs Zone D was fantastic
    Carlisle is an underrated genius. I watched him throw that weird zone at teams all year long and confuse the out of everybody because it would suddenly morph into man, then back to zone. You really didn't know what hit you in the 4th quarters of games. Very unpredictable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle is an underrated genius. I watched him throw that weird zone at teams all year long and confuse the out of everybody because it would suddenly morph into man, then back to zone. You really didn't know what hit you in the 4th quarters of games. Very unpredictable.
    I’ve always rated him highly

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree with you on the LAL. Didn't think the triangle was a great offense for a team with a dominant center. It amost canceled out Shaq at times.

And there were guys who played in it for a year or two and never really got it. Gary Payton said something to the effect that he never really got the offense, didn't like it in 2004 and just played basketball the way he knew how.

I am no triangle expert. We had a little exchange on here about it recently and almost all said Triangles influence was overstated.

I think it was not as needed in LAL because they had 2 elite scorers. Especially one in the post.

In Chicago the goal was to not allow defenses to zero in on MJ. I do believe it played a vital part. Likely the reason why Rodman's offensive deficiencies were masked. Rodman benefited on the boards because the offenses constant movement resulted in defenders out of position when the ball went up. Bulls also had a ton of assists in mid air - Jordan/Pippen went up for a shot but instead hit a cutter for an easy basket.

I read Kukoc AMA on reddit recently, he said Phil forced new arrivals to take a 10 question quiz on the triangle. Until this quiz was passed they would not play. Toni admitted he struggled but Pippen helped him grasp.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Last edited by FrostKing; 05-19-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information