My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Spurs were just better
    Nice deflection

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Were the 2014 Heatles good enough to win or did Lebron need more help?
    LeBron had enough help in 2014.

But nobody perfect. Let's look at MJ. From 1990 he had enough help. He lost 1990. From 1991-1998 even more than enough because every year except 1995 he had better team from 2-15 than other team's best player. He had one of if not the best coaching staff in the league. Before that he was beaten just like every superstar player.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

But nobody perfect. Let's look at MJ. From 1990 he had enough help. He lost 1990. From 1991-1998 even more than enough because every year except 1995 he had better team from 2-15 than other team's best player. He had one of if not the best coaching staff in the league. Before that he was beaten just like every superstar player.
    yet, LeBron was two shots away from being 1-8 in the finals. Not dominant at all.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yet, LeBron was two shots away from being 1-8 in the finals. Not dominant at all.
    Agree. He was 2 shots away from being 1-8.

But what is dominance? Finals record? I don't think so. When I rate players, I don't care about things like Finals record. Impact on games is all that matters.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

It seems to take star players take at least 6-7 years to lead their teams to les. For Jordan, it was 7 and Lebron, I think 9 years. You must admit those bulls teams were sorry as when he arrived. Dave Corzine Looked like Lebron's early Cavs teams.

In 1990 that bulls team just wasn't ready. So I do not penalize them for not advancing. Pippen still had growing up to do, same with Grant. They were both only in their 3rd year. This wasn't a situation like Lebron had when he stepped into a loaded team with mature superstars like FMVP Wade and Bosh. Agree with you on 91-98...Bulls were clearly better than everyone when Jordan played and they had a rebounder like Grant or Rodman.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Agree. He was 2 shots away from being 1-8.

But what is dominance? Finals record? I don't think so. When I rate players, I don't care about things like Finals record. Impact on games is all that matters.
    It certainly helps your case. Duncan being 5-1--- damn near 6-0 is significant and factors into his all time ranks, imo.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are the bulls planning a 30 year reunion for their 91 le team?

Would love to see Jordan there with Hodges, Pippen, Grant and everyone else he pissed off in the docuseries

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It seems to take star players take at least 6-7 years to lead their teams to les. For Jordan, it was 7 and Lebron, I think 9 years. You must admit those bulls teams were sorry as when he arrived. Dave Corzine Looked like Lebron's early Cavs teams.

In 1990 that bulls team just wasn't ready. So I do not penalize them for not advancing. Pippen still had growing up to do, same with Grant. They were both only in their 3rd year. This wasn't a situation like Lebron had when he stepped into a loaded team with mature superstars like FMVP Wade and Bosh. Agree with you on 91-98...Bulls were clearly better than everyone when Jordan played and they had a rebounder like Grant or Rodman.
    Let's make it clear. I believe that MJ a little better than LeBron but ... Bulls front-office did a terrific job of building the team around Michael. Cavs management couldn't do the same. Media, fans started to question Lebron lack of rings. In these cir stances LeBron had to abandon the ship. If he didn't, he could of repeat KGs fate.

What if Bulls didn't draft Pippen? What if MJ got traded to Clippers or Spurs for Robinson? How many rings for MJ? What if Pistons or Heat had 1st pick in 2003? Players can't control that. That's why I think rings should be irrelevant in GOAT discussions.
    Last edited by i'm_still_beta; 05-23-2020 at 04:16 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I actually don't blame him much for leaving CLE that first time. It's how he did it that made him look like a dbag.

And we can talk about rings and how much they actually mean. Dirk's 1 ring to me is more valuable than KD's 2. And it was more impressive than 2 of Lebron's 3.

Let's make it clear. I believe that MJ a little better than LeBron but ... Bulls front-office did a terrific job of building the team around Michael. Cavs management couldn't do the same. Media, fans started to question Lebron lack of rings. In these cir stances LeBron had to abandon the ship. If he didn't, he could of repeat KGs fate.

What if Bulls didn't draft Pippen? What if MJ got traded to Clippers or Spurs for Robinson? How many rings for MJ? What if Pistons or Heat had 1st pick in 2003? Players can't control that. That's why I think rings should be irrelevant in GOAT discussions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly

Jordan would have bolted if Krause didn’t build that team around him

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland, he would have stumbled into atleast another le. So his record would be 2-7 or 2-8. That is not too far off 3-6. He should have just stayed in Cleveland

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Losing in 5 games to an opponent he defeated the year before is a poor reflection on Lebron

He did it twice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing in 5 games to an opponent he defeated the year before is a poor reflection on Lebron

He did it twice
    Jordan would have been obliterated by both pre-Durant and Durant Warriors

Nostalgia goggles

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jordan would have been obliterated by both pre-Durant and Durant Warriors

Nostalgia goggles
    Warriors have no answer for Kukoc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True

Still get skull ed by GS

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

He had to go. Dude was going to eliminate Dad Killer from the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

He had to go. Dude was going to eliminate Dad Killer from the playoffs.

Yeah that’s very su ious
    Petro did work on DeJordan and talked trash to him everytime
    Stern didn’t like that

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s very su ious
    Petro did work on DeJordan and talked trash to him everytime
    Stern didn’t like that
    A camera crew at a car crash scene in the middle of nowhere? It's not like DP was Princess Di.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A camera crew at a car crash scene in the middle of nowhere? It's not like DP was Princess Di.
    Jordan : “at that point, it became personal to me”
    Stern : “say no more”

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan : “at that point, it became personal to me”
    Stern : “say no more”
    Stern probably had some friends in the CIA. Dude's a serious POS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern probably had some friends in the CIA. Dude's a serious POS.
    He also told the Soviets to prevent Sabonis from joining Portland in his prime and got rid of Lewis and Bias

Wouldn’t be surprised if he gave Magic AIDS and sent thugs to break Larry’s body

Had to protect his cash cow

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    they also had no answer for lebron or kyrie, yet were so much better of a team as a whole that it didnt matter, they won in 5

and lets not act like the bulls have answers for steph klay and KD. if you have mike and pip running themselves ragged chasing steph and klay, that plays right into what they want their opponent to do

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    they also had no answer for lebron or kyrie, yet were so much better of a team as a whole that it didnt matter, they won in 5

and lets not act like the bulls have answers for steph klay and KD. if you have mike and pip running themselves ragged chasing steph and klay, that plays right into what they want their opponent to do
    Klay is your typical 90s shooting guard

Durant would be guarded by Pippen and Rodman

Curry is arguably the Warriors best angle in this matchup. He has the height to not be fully suffocated

GS needs prime Bogut to go along with Durant but they are from different times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay is your typical 90s shooting guard

Durant would be guarded by Pippen and Rodman

Curry is arguably the Warriors best angle in this matchup. He has the height to not be fully suffocated

GS needs prime Bogut to go along with Durant but they are from different times
    Except that Klay os a better shooter than your typical 90s shooting guard
    He is also a better defender than your typical 90s shooting guard
    Pippen and Rodman never had to guard anyone like KD

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Except that Klay os a better shooter than your typical 90s shooting guard
    He is also a better defender than your typical 90s shooting guard
    Pippen and Rodman never had to guard anyone like KD
    Guy who lives off mid range jumpers?

Klay = Majerle

Thread Information