Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

I think it would be the perfect timing. My 3-year car lease expires in June, and I still have well over 10K miles to spare on it before going over the mileage limit. Also, gas will never, ever be this cheap ever again.

I'm really tempted to do this, either in April, May, or June while pandemic is on, prices are low and traffic is next to nil. Still gotta watch out for deer, though. But gas will never be this cheap. The plan is to do a podcast "Around America Vacation for Under $999" or something like that and make myself internet famous. Of course I cannot do any paid entertainment due to everything being shut down, but that would cost money anyway. But there would still be tons of sights to see and incredible selfies to capture on this expedition trek.

If I do this drive, I will have set foot in 43 out of 50 total states in my accomplished life, with only WY, UT, NV, FL, VT, and of course AK and HI not having yet visited.

What say y'all?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Go for it.
    Sounds good.
    Here are some supplies you will need. I will contribute:

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Go for it.
    Sounds good.
    Here are some supplies you will need. I will contribute:
    Meh thanks, but I'm an Aveeno guy myself. And I only need it for certain areas of dry skin on my face surrounding my nose; the rest of me is naturally moist.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think you could seriously get sponsors. Even if it started with a few but you'd pick up more as your story went along.
    This is the USA.

People paid and continue to pay the Kardashians.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In addition to the Jergens, which i will switch to Aveeno, I will add a breakfast at the IHOP of your choice along the way.
    However I see more of a marketing potential with Jergens, possibly leading to your becoming a paid endorser.

Perhaps you could time it to eat with a ST poster, thus adding to the story.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    In addition to the Jergens, which i will switch to Aveeno, I will add a breakfast at the IHOP of your choice along the way.
    However I see more of a marketing potential with Jergens, possibly leading to your becoming a paid endorser.

Perhaps you could time it to eat with a ST poster, thus adding to the story.
    I don't get it with the hand lotion? I definitely won't need it for the first half of the trip, but going west into a drier environment (especially the trip back from LA to Dallas) will probably flake up my face.

Last time I was in Colorado, October 2017, half my face was red and peeling even with no sun due to the dry air environment. I had to go to a Walmart there to buy some emergency Aveeno and it saved my life.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, you have to go through New England. You can hit all the New England states in short time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Make sure you visit NYC and New Orleans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Make sure to post lots of pictures

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Out of staters getting shat on. So, good idea.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Make sure you visit NYC and New Orleans.
    Already did though.

Lived (AirBnb provided by company) in NYC for 4 weeks spanning April-May 2018 (including the NFL draft).... best pizza ever. And not even expensive. And the $3.50 halal cart meals (usually would get the lamb because of highest calories) would fill me for the rest of the day.

& spent Black Friday 2009 in NOLA walking around the French Quarter with my mom, on our way back from seeing my terminally ill grandfather (Alzheimer's) in the Jackson, MS VA hospital. As for NOLA... Best fried oysters ever, also soft s crab, french fries drenched in Crystal hot sauce, jambalaya and gumbo. Would not recommend "etoufee" and the "boudin" was straight nasty, tasted like vomit.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Make sure to post lots of pictures
    I still have pics from Manhattan NYC in 2018, Chicago this past December and Louisville KY/ Nashville and Memphis TN from last month.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    No, you have to go through New England. You can hit all the New England states in short time.
    Yeah, but I've already been there 3 times in my childhood and teenagehood, because one of my grandmother's closest cousins lives in Albion, Maine (the other in Colorado) so yep, I've had some of the freshest lobsters in the world. Last in 2009. Weathervane >>>>> Red Lobster.

And I've also been to Philly many times, last in 2018, I was at the Eagles vs Falcons playoff game for the record, in the nosebleeds, because my big half brothers paid for it. They're all die hard Eagles fans on my dad's side. My mom and grandma and I went in 2009 to see my mom's best black friend from work and his wife and teenage kids. Also the first 2 times I was in Maine as a kid, we also spent time in New Hampshire because one of my grandmother's favorite ex-students lived near Manchester, NH. The best stuffed flounder in the world is at the Stratford Train Station Diner in Philly metro, New Jersey... only $7.99 for an enormous meal last time we were there in '09... try it out.

But I've set foot (not just drove through) every single Northeast and New England state except Vermont (it's not on the major interstates) and Delaware, but i'm about to change the Delaware part. I've also been through the entire spine of Upstate New York, on the way back in 2009 we went thru Albany, Rochester, Syracuse and Buffalo, and I was at Niagara Falls, they even let me go on the Canada side with my birth certificate since I was 15 I didn't need a passport, but couldn't go farther than the Niagara Falls park in Canada of course. I was also at the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. on the same trip.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Out of staters getting shat on. So, good idea.
    I assume you're talking about California?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I will add a breakfast at the IHOP of your choice along the way.
    Can you make it a dinner? I really don't eat before 5pm. I'm an intermittent faster.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I assume you're talking about California?
    NE too. I assume others might pull too.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    NE too. I assume others might pull too.
    If I drive the speed limit (not 10 under or 10 over) I should be safe from the wasps, right?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Oh I got an idea for a theme. "Drive for Legalization 04/20"... a "smoke ring" around the country to promote legalization. It works because there will never be another 4/20 month again... well at least not for 100 years, but it'll long be legal by then if this coronamania doesn't get us all first.

Even though I'm only about 50/50 on legalization myself... I'll be a passionate.

I started a Youtube channel... real Millennial messiah. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC37...7C2Sbfk4s7Pag/ And a similar twitter account.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can you make it a dinner? I really don't eat before 5pm. I'm an intermittent faster.
    yep

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh I got an idea for a theme. "Drive for Legalization 04/20"... a "smoke ring" around the country to promote legalization. It works because there will never be another 4/20 month again... well at least not for 100 years, but it'll long be legal by then if this coronamania doesn't get us all first.

Even though I'm only about 50/50 on legalization myself... I'll be a passionate.

I started a Youtube channel... real Millennial messiah. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC37...7C2Sbfk4s7Pag/ And a similar twitter account.
    I don't hate your or anything but I'm kind of hoping you do this trip and get ass raped at a rest stop. With the hope that you kind of chill out a bit.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I don't hate your or anything but I'm kind of hoping you do this trip and get ass raped at a rest stop. With the hope that you kind of chill out a bit.
    I've slept at rest stops plenty of times and been fine every time.

also, I gotta gun

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    If I drive the speed limit (not 10 under or 10 over) I should be safe from the wasps, right?
    Worst that can happen? Who knows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Necessary: California burrito in San Diego

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I think it would be the perfect timing. My 3-year car lease expires in June, and I still have well over 10K miles to spare on it before going over the mileage limit. Also, gas will never, ever be this cheap ever again.

I'm really tempted to do this, either in April, May, or June while pandemic is on, prices are low and traffic is next to nil. Still gotta watch out for deer, though. But gas will never be this cheap. The plan is to do a podcast "Around America Vacation for Under $999" or something like that and make myself internet famous. Of course I cannot do any paid entertainment due to everything being shut down, but that would cost money anyway. But there would still be tons of sights to see and incredible selfies to capture on this expedition trek.

If I do this drive, I will have set foot in 43 out of 50 total states in my accomplished life, with only WY, UT, NV, FL, VT, and of course AK and HI not having yet visited.

What say y'all?
    Bad ass dude. I've done a about half of that trip and absolutely loved it. Don't know if you have a family but they will make it that much better. Good luck!

Thread Information