Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    that actually sounds kinda fun. what are you planning to do at each stop?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Necessary: California burrito in San Diego
    Been to San Diego a few times...can't remember the names of the Mom n' Pop stores along Mission Beach but there are a handful of damm good brunch spots in that area

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe along the way you'll find a friend and stop thinking the "club" is your personal blog.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Bad ass dude. I've done a about half of that trip and absolutely loved it. Don't know if you have a family but they will make it that much better. Good luck!
    Always appreciate a positive vibes post like this for a change. Yep, I just want to go when the gas will be cheap, there won't be any chance of ice/snow on the road wherever I go, but also not in the hottest months where I can't get a good night's sleep in my car because it's 71 and steamy outside all night. I'll probably do 1 or 2 motels along the way if they're open, usually in the warmer climates because I'm comfortable sleeping in the car in, say, Montana or Wisconsin where the overnight low is 43 but not in Alabama where it's 70s and muggy.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    that actually sounds kinda fun. what are you planning to do at each stop?
    -see as many big universities as I can as I'm a junkie for colleges (and take a selfie)
    -take selfie with any major landmarks along the way
    -take selfie with anything that's an exclusive to that location (I'll stop and get take-out at a Cook Out fast food chain in SC and a Bojangles in NC, lebanese shwarma in Dearborn Michigan sounds good, Yesterdog is one of a kind hot dog in Grand Rapids, take a picture with me and the Mall of America in Minneapolis even though it's closed for business, and then I'll wear my Carson Wentz jersey at NDSU driving thru Fargo, ND just for the lulz, eat at a 's burger chain in Seattle (only can find it there), take a pic outside the Nike factory in Beaverton, Portland, Oregon... IDK what to get in California, but I'll take a selfie at a couple of the major tech buildings... IDK what to do in Arizona yet... ?

Thread for AZ advice

midnightpulp
    / spurraider21 / ElNono / Spurtacular / LkrFan / Killakobe81 / I'm sure many others, for CA advice

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    -see as many big universities as I can as I'm a junkie for colleges (and take a selfie)
    -take selfie with anything that's an exclusive to that location (I'll stop and get take-out at a Cook Out fast food chain in SC and a Bojangles in NC, lebanese shwarma in Dearborn Michigan sounds good, Yesterdog is one of a kind hot dog in Grand Rapids, take a picture with me and the Mall of America in Minneapolis even though it's closed for business, and then I'll wear my Carson Wentz jersey at NDSU driving thru Fargo, ND just for the lulz, eat at a 's burger chain in Seattle (only can find it there), take a pic outside the Nike factory in Beaverton, Portland, Oregon... IDK what to get in California, but I'll take a selfie at a couple of the major tech buildings... IDK what to do in Arizona yet... ?

Thread for AZ advice

midnightpulp
    / spurraider21 / ElNono / Spurtacular / LkrFan / Killakobe81 / I'm sure many others, for CA advice
    What's so great about that?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What's so great about that?
    Idk. Seattlites love it. They'll have take out. What else is there in Seattle? There's the big space tower and the Century Link field, I guess

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Idk. Seattlites love it. They'll have take out. What else is there in Seattle? There's the big space tower and the Century Link field, I guess
    The Northwest is about the only place west of the Mississippi that I don't have familiarity with.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The Northwest is about the only place west of the Mississippi that I don't have familiarity with.
    obviously I'm gonna want to see the redwood forest, even if there's limited entry right now... but what's there to eat in CA that is uniquely a CA thing that has takeout (i.e. fastish food), won't cost an arm and two legs?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    obviously I'm gonna want to see the redwood forest, even if there's limited entry right now... but what's there to eat in CA that is uniquely a CA thing that has takeout (i.e. fastish food), won't cost an arm and two legs?
    Yea, if you count that as the Northwest, I do know about that. Redwoods (whatever national park) and Sequoia National Park (non redwoods). It'd be worth spending at least a day in each tbh. A lot of people enjoy that more than San Francisco. And San Fran you can enjoy the streets driving them for a bit; but I don't see too much point if you're not allowed to socialize.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yea, if you count that as the Northwest, I do know about that. Redwoods (whatever national park) and Sequoia National Park (non redwoods). It'd be worth spending at least a day in each tbh. A lot of people enjoy that more than San Francisco. And San Fran you can enjoy the streets driving them for a bit; but I don't see too much point if you're not allowed to socialize.
    Park in one of those 15 minute free parking zones near downtown... snatch a selfie with either the bridge or some fancy high tech buildings in the background... avoid the poop and needles and the tenderloin... get back on the freeway.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Park in one of those 15 minute free parking zones near downtown... snatch a selfie with either the bridge or some fancy high tech buildings in the background... avoid the poop and needles and the tenderloin... get back on the freeway.
    Not before hitting Longobardy Street. Also subway connects Oakland, SF, Sac if there open. And driving down the fisherman's warf street is worth seeing.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thread for AZ advice

midnightpulp
    Hate driving myself, tbh, but I suppose for peeps that like to drive looks like a solid adventure.

There's plenty to do in CA, depending how much time you have, and where you wanna go... San Fran is always nice to visit (Warf, Alcatraz, etc)... LA from the TCL theater, Staples and all the touristy stuff to Venice, the beaches, etc. San Diego is also always nice any time of the year.

Also been in Seattle a couple months ago before the outbreak, for business. I'll probably head back to do tourist stuff, looked like a nice place.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Hate driving myself, tbh, but I suppose for peeps that like to drive looks like a solid adventure.

There's plenty to do in CA, depending how much time you have, and where you wanna go... San Fran is always nice to visit (Warf, Alcatraz, etc)... LA from the TCL theater, Staples and all the touristy stuff to Venice, the beaches, etc. San Diego is also always nice any time of the year.

Also been in Seattle a couple months ago before the outbreak, for business. I'll probably head back to do tourist stuff, looked like a nice place.
    All the touristy stuff will be closed. Fisherman's Wharf for example, a few of the places there might do take out who knows? But I'm going to be going during the heart of the pandemic so my trip is pretty much limited to sightseeing like parks, beaches, landmarks, big buildings, etc.

I was considering maybe stopping by Hollywood and taking selfies there if I could find a parking space and get them pics in and zoom back out before getting towed or booted or ticketed. Fortunately I'm 26, thin, fast and athletic. Not sure if I still run the 4.57 40 I did as a junior in high school but I'm pretty slick.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Not before hitting Longobardy Street. Also subway connects Oakland, SF, Sac if there open. And driving down the fisherman's warf street is worth seeing.
    Subway will probably be closed, but it's irrelevant since I'll be driving. Probably won't spend more than a full day in CA. I managed to cram a bunch of adventure into the 1pm-9pm time slot in both Nashville and Memphis (and that's including the painstakingly boring drive in between the two) so I'm pretty experienced and good at this.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    All the touristy stuff will be closed. Fisherman's Wharf for example, a few of the places there might do take out who knows? But I'm going to be going during the heart of the pandemic so my trip is pretty much limited to sightseeing like parks, beaches, landmarks, big buildings, etc.

I was considering maybe stopping by Hollywood and taking selfies there if I could find a parking space and get them pics in and zoom back out before getting towed or booted or ticketed. Fortunately I'm 26, thin, fast and athletic. Not sure if I still run the 4.57 40 I did as a junior in high school but I'm pretty slick.

Trying to help you out here...if you just answered the questions at hand and didn't lament and go off on Doug-Funnie journal entries, you wouldn't be clowned on as hard as you're clowned on here.

Hope you find someone you can socialize with on this trip, you really deserve it.

Thread Information