San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well go prove me wrong.
    Not about that. Trust what your sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the media selling papers (clicks), bro. Teams wanted Rodman.
    You have lost me. You sound like a conspiracy theory nutcase.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny; but you're kidding yourself if you think teams are that highfalutin. They want to win. That can easily be chalked up to, 'Remember that time....'

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have lost me. You sound like a conspiracy theory nutcase.
    You sound like someone that likes a good buzzword.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman and Artest were both beast mode. They had high value. And this idea that nobody was interested; sorry, but you're being suckered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman and Artest were both beast mode. They had high value. And this idea that nobody was interested; sorry, but you're being suckered.
    Right that's why nobody signed Rodman after the lockout ended and that he had to literally cry on national TV for the Lakers to sign him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right that's why nobody signed Rodman after the lockout ended and that he had to literally cry on national TV for the Lakers to sign him.
    His salary went up every year til the last; but yea, nobody wanted him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Phil was losing his in that Rockets series

Euro leagues had refs that “let them play”
    So much for European being “softer” than American players

Super coach but as you said not great at playoff adjustments

Phil Jackson was scared of him though :

Game 7 almost happened in 92
    Kings should have won in 01
    Pushes the Lakers to a game 7 in 2009 with a bunch of scrubs, even had the guts to kick Von Wafer out of a game at Staples during the series

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL, why did the Spurs get Will Perdue in return, then?

That's the media selling papers (clicks), bro. Teams wanted Rodman.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, why did the Spurs get Will Perdue in return, then?
    I'm not arguing the minutia. I'm talking about the larger point.

Spurs letting Rodman go was a huge mistake; or it would've been if they hadn't have ended up getting TD down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil was losing his in that Rockets series
    yup i remember that

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    took a quarantine for me to sit thru all that lol, but yeah that was an incredible streak with McGrady and a bunch of niche role players after Yao went down

second best to the 2003 Spurs who were completely jeckyll and hyde on offense all year long and had a bunch of raw guys and niche role player veteran types around Timmy but managed to win the whole championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really needs to be a do entary like that made about the 2002-03 Spurs championship season. Yeah I know there was a championship DVD (and I own it), but it doesn't really do that season justice.

How that odd mix of too-young-and-raw and too-old-and-washed guys around Timmy managed to win a championship despite overcoming a stacked West, injuries, all odds and doubters in Robinson's last year when he was essentially old, sore, and minute-managed like Mutombo was in 08.

How that team just *clicked* somehow, someway around the same timeframe as the video in this OP (late Jan/early Feb) and went from a mediocre-ish team straddling the edge of the West playoff picture, to somehow becoming the best in the sport despite not having a top 5 or 10 roster, a team that like no other had hot-cold shooting issues (that didn't go away in the playoffs, either), a team that had failed so hard despite higher expectations in '01 and '02... the '03 Spurs, that chemistry, were special like no other team in history IMO.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There really needs to be a do entary like that made about the 2002-03 Spurs championship season. Yeah I know there was a championship DVD (and I own it), but it doesn't really do that season justice.

How that odd mix of too-young-and-raw and too-old-and-washed guys around Timmy managed to win a championship despite overcoming a stacked West, injuries, all odds and doubters in Robinson's last year when he was essentially old, sore, and minute-managed like Mutombo was in 08.

How that team just *clicked* somehow, someway around the same timeframe as the video in this OP (late Jan/early Feb) and went from a mediocre-ish team straddling the edge of the West playoff picture, to somehow becoming the best in the sport despite not having a top 5 or 10 roster, a team that like no other had hot-cold shooting issues (that didn't go away in the playoffs, either), a team that had failed so hard despite higher expectations in '01 and '02... the '03 Spurs, that chemistry, were special like no other team in history IMO.
    2003 was a transition year in the NBA. Only 3 teams won over 50 games (Spurs, Mavs & Kings) and Webber went down in the Playoffs. Pistons didn't have Wallace yet.

Those Nets teams centered on Wing play would be interesting in today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 was a transition year in the NBA. Only 3 teams won over 50 games (Spurs, Mavs & Kings) and Webber went down in the Playoffs. Pistons didn't have Wallace yet.

Those Nets teams centered on Wing play would be interesting in today's NBA
    I would argue that 1999 was the real transition year in the NBA. Since the void left behind by MJ's second and final retirement, the average scoring across the league was a historical worst in terms of both PPG and ORtg (points per possession) so 1999 was the easiest year to win a championship for any team.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    this do entary was funny in how they went out of their way to take shots at the mavs lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this do entary was funny in how they went out of their way to take shots at the mavs lol
    Slob always sensitive about his Mavs.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Slob always sensitive about his Mavs.
    hi spurtacular

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Thread Information