Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there's a lack of basketball I've went back and watched the full games of the 2017 playoffs. There's this claim on here that Mills has never showed up in the Playoffs but in 2017 if it wasn't for him and Tony showing up to help Kawhi in that first round series they easily lose in 6. Then again in the Rockets series dude just torched Ptrick Beverly why suppose to be an all time great defender. Of Corse the the people who said mills was a bum in the playoffs are no doubt referring to when he was destroyed by the Warriors in the WCF once Leonard wen t down because they pull the same with LA but Mills has had some great playoff series as a Spur.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    wasnt that the year we played that really ty injury depleted Grizzlies team? lmao no, Mills was not the difference between beating a gimp ass trash team in the first round and losing. he was great but Spurs were on par with the Warriors that season as kawhi was having his best season. if Kawhi couldn't get passed an injury depleted bottomfeeder with a solid team around him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always liked Mills as a 10 minute a game sparkplug off the bench. It's just a sad reflection on the current state of the Spurs that he's been relied on to be any more than that the last couple of years.

Steve Kerr would have been regarded a ty player too if he had been asked to do more than what he was doing...and do it with mediocre teammates. Mills skillset might be slightly above Steve Kerr's, but not much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always liked Mills as a 10 minute a game sparkplug off the bench. It's just a sad reflection on the current state of the Spurs that he's been relied on to be any more than that the last couple of years.

Steve Kerr would have been regarded a ty player too if he had been asked to do more than what he was doing...and do it with mediocre teammates. Mills skillset might be slightly above Steve Kerr's, but not much.

Yea,he's just a tick quicker and not as good a shooter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasnt that the year we played that really ty injury depleted Grizzlies team? lmao no, Mills was not the difference between beating a gimp ass trash team in the first round and losing. he was great but Spurs were on par with the Warriors that season as kawhi was having his best season. if Kawhi couldn't get passed an injury depleted bottomfeeder with a solid team around him...
    The are you talking about the Grizz were healthy that year they were depleted in the 16 playoffs.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The are you talking about the Grizz were healthy that year they were depleted in the 16 playoffs.
    Damn you're right homie. My bad i got those two series mixed up

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with the truth nukes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s the reason we grew to hate Bonner so much. It’s not so much the player, because let’s face it, we all know mills/Bonner are not really talented. It’s the role they are put in on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Mills Spurs lost in the first round series in 2019. I admit that he played well in 2017. But the dude sucked in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. 4 out of 5 bad playoff years is why I say he doesn’t show up in the playoffs but if you want to focus on his one good year, that’s your prerogative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without mills spurs would have an xtra 50 mills,and more minutes for white/murray etc

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Mills Spurs lost in the first round series in 2019. I admit that he played well in 2017. But the dude sucked in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. 4 out of 5 bad playoff years is why I say he doesn’t show up in the playoffs but if you want to focus on his one good year, that’s your prerogative.
    So in 15 it was his fault that the Superstar didn't show up in games 5,6 and 7? I remember that series vividly and Mills hit clutch shots that series just didn't matter when the supposed best player on the team folded like a lawn chair. He sucked against the Thunder in 16 but 2018 he actually played well against the Warriors but once again Danny Green, Dejounte Murray and Kyle Anderson all sucked so we had no chance to win more than one game. Last year vs the Nuggets he was horrific but being objective I can name multiple series where Mills contributed to winning more than he was the reason they lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in 15 it was his fault that the Superstar didn't show up in games 5,6 and 7? I remember that series vividly and Mills hit clutch shots that series just didn't matter when the supposed best player on the team folded like a lawn chair. He sucked against the Thunder in 16 but 2018 he actually played well against the Warriors but once again Danny Green, Dejounte Murray and Kyle Anderson all sucked so we had no chance to win more than one game. Last year vs the Nuggets he was horrific but being objective I can name multiple series where Mills contributed to winning more than he was the reason they lost.
    You’re too modern for me tbh. I focus more on defense than offense. Patty was getting raped by Austin Rivers all series long making him look like an Allstar. I think that was Austin Rivers best playoff series of his life. Yeah Patty scores well at like 11 points a game but he gave up like 15 and gave zero defense all series long. Nobody on the Clippers paid any attention to Patty when he was on the floor. When he “contested” they made their shots over him like he wasn’t there. They ran pick n roll on his ass all day long and got whatever look they wanted.

And for the Warriors once again it’s the defense. He doesn’t play any. He couldn’t guard Steph, Klay, KD, anyone. You can say it’s not his fault but the point is that his defense is just super ty. The dude is 5’10 and the shortest person he’s guarding is 6’3. To me, scoring 11 a game but giving up anywhere from 15-20 point a a game isn’t a good series and definitely not my definition of playing well or being the reason why we win series.

I will say though he did guard Harden well in 17. That’s about the only series I can think of where Patty played any defense.

Edit*: went back and looked at the stats, turns out I remembered wrong . Apparently Rivers didn’t have a good series on us but one amazing game. I don’t know why but I just remembered Rivers raping us all series long but nope I’m wrong. Not wrong about Golden St though
    Last edited by KobesAchilles; 04-08-2020 at 12:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Edit*: went back and looked at the stats, turns out I remembered wrong . Apparently Rivers didn’t have a good series on us but one amazing game. I don’t know why but I just remembered Rivers raping us all series long but nope I’m wrong. Not wrong about Golden St though
    Don't feel bad. I always think of Kobe as a raper even though he probably didn't rape every day.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re too modern for me tbh. I focus more on defense than offense. Patty was getting raped by Austin Rivers all series long making him look like an Allstar. I think that was Austin Rivers best playoff series of his life. Yeah Patty scores well at like 11 points a game but he gave up like 15 and gave zero defense all series long. Nobody on the Clippers paid any attention to Patty when he was on the floor. When he “contested” they made their shots over him like he wasn’t there. They ran pick n roll on his ass all day long and got whatever look they wanted.

And for the Warriors once again it’s the defense. He doesn’t play any. He couldn’t guard Steph, Klay, KD, anyone. You can say it’s not his fault but the point is that his defense is just super ty. The dude is 5’10 and the shortest person he’s guarding is 6’3. To me, scoring 11 a game but giving up anywhere from 15-20 point a a game isn’t a good series and definitely not my definition of playing well or being the reason why we win series.

I will say though he did guard Harden well in 17. That’s about the only series I can think of where Patty played any defense.

Kyle Anderson was a great defensive player for the Spurs but he eventually was played off the floor by Golden State because he couldn't shoot. Mills Guarded Damion Lillard and Wesley Matthews pretty well in the 14 playoffs oh and he did a good job or Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers as well in those finals. I'm not the biggest Mills fan but I give credit where it's due he balled out in the 17 playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was a great defensive player for the Spurs but he eventually was played off the floor by Golden State because he couldn't shoot. Mills Guarded Damion Lillard and Wesley Matthews pretty well in the 14 playoffs oh and he did a good job or Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers as well in those finals. I'm not the biggest Mills fan but I give credit where it's due he balled out in the 17 playoffs.
    I mean you had to go back 6 years to name the other series that he played well defensively I did give him credit for 2017. The rest I don’t give him credit. I’m not saying that offense isn’t important but I don’t believe just bc a person scored a bit that means they had a good series. Mills is trash on defense, and bc Pop stupidly plays him with Marco or Forbes that his ty defense is even more apparent then it should be.

To be clear though Mills isn’t the problem. RC was a problem for signing him for 12.5 million a year when the market said he was worth 8 million max. Pops rotations are a problem. Demar refusing to shoot any 3 and play no defense is a problem. Dejounte returning from a major injury was a problem. And White not knowing his role and getting less minutes than Forbes was another problem. Poetl playing only 12 minutes a game is a problem. There are so many issues with the Spurs that I don’t even think of Mills and tbh he had a good season this year. Not his fault Pop has the worst season of his career.

Thread Information