Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Trump done anything wrong in this crisis?

Yes or no.

If yes, say what he did wrong.
    Hindsight is 20/20. If you look back at almost all leaders, they act with the knowledge that they have (at the time). I disagreed with DeSantis not doing anything about the Spring Breakers - but it's a diverse state and he probably doesn't see why he should punish the rest of the state for college kids in South Florida?. I'm sure the New York politicians regret their words about Chinese New Year, etc.

If you are hanging on every IMPRECISE word that Trump, I don't know what to say. I learned a long time ago to ignore what he says, what he tweets and who he sleeps with - actually makes for a good 3 1/2 years - covid notwithstanding.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hindsight is 20/20. If you look back at almost all leaders, they act with the knowledge that they have (at the time). I disagreed with DeSantis not doing anything about the Spring Breakers - but it's a diverse state and he probably doesn't see why he should punish the rest of the state for college kids in South Florida?. I'm sure the New York politicians regret their words about Chinese New Year, etc.

If you are hanging on every IMPRECISE word that Trump, I don't know what to say. I learned a long time ago to ignore what he says, what he tweets and who he sleeps with - actually makes for a good 3 1/2 years - covid notwithstanding.
    I can't help but notice you typed a lot of words but did nothing to answer the question.

I didn't ask about what you think other people did wrong.

I didn't ask you about what Trump said.

Yes or no.

If yes, say what he did wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's off. Repubs tried to insult the cons uency by shoving their system trash down their throats. The Repub nomination was exposed just as the Democrat system was; but Trump was an overwhelming favorite. You may say he ended up being business as usual; but the people spoke on that one. If you're looking for a candidate that was screwed out of the nomination by party and media, go back to Ron Paul.

As for the Dem side of the coin, yea the allegedly impartial DNC efforts to get Hillary an then Joe nominated is well do ented.

Both parties have broken nomination processes, I will agree. The truth is people on both sides aren't demanding fairness. Repubs certainly didn't turn around and fix any sh** for which I'm aware, and 2024 could be some sh** again. Dems fixes; I dunno if I'm forgetting some token changes; but their system seems to just as f'd up as ever.

"Center-right" like Biden. Dude's big gov. AF. Most everyone is authoritarian left, and that includes repubs. Stop playing with yourself on that one.
    Joe was voted in as the VP before Trump was voted as POTUS, so "people speaking on that one" applies evenly here. I will agree this Joe is not that Joe, but I didn't like him back then either, tbh. Same problems.

Biden is the epitome of center-right politics, much like Barry. Married to Wall Street, had discernible center-right political positions through his voting record in Congress, etc. The problem with him is that he's not credible when he says his views 'evolved' on certain topics. We all know that happened out of convenience, not conviction.

I know you describe yourself as a libertarian, and so probably everything looks like big government to you. I think we can agree it's an extremely narrow view of politics, certainly hasn't been representative of the state of politics in well over a decade, and honestly, I don't even think it's a viable political position towards the future, tbh. Under the status-quo, Biden falls squarely on center-right. MIC, Wall Street, Patriot Act, globalist, likely a warmonger, he checks all the boxes.

Lastly, authoritarianism, much like populism, doesn't have a left or right owner. You can see both in the current POTUS, for example, or there's countless cases in dubya's war on terror. Leveraging the power of the State is a tried and true tradition that both parties have used extensively over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Begging for a disbarred puppet with virtually no experience cos Hope and Change Pt. ii
    At the end of the day, it's a popularity contest. Dems already have the upper hand as far as people willing to vote for them if you put a popular, exciting candidate. We've already seen that with Barry.

Also, same exact disqualifications you mention should've prevented Trump or even Obama to an extent from becoming POTUS, but didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if America is voting for a senile creepy then the sh** is serious
    thats what i thought about 2016 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Begging for a disbarred puppet with virtually no experience cos Hope and Change Pt. ii
    how was trump anything but "hope and change"? he didnt use those words, but that was certainly his message

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sleepy joe is coming for you trump!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sleepy joe is coming for you trump!
    One pussy grab at a time!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how was trump anything but "hope and change"? he didnt use those words, but that was certainly his message
    Right now he hopes antibiotics change the coronagerm.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe was voted in as the VP before Trump was voted as POTUS, so "people speaking on that one" applies evenly here.
    People voted the top of that ticket, not the bottom.

In fact, Joe's record in presidential primaries to that point speaks for itself. Which makes it more remarkable that the DNC could get this version of Joe the nomination. Fact is they own your ass.

Don't feel too bad; people didn't vote for Pence either.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe by default.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is the epitome of center-right politics, much like Barry. Married to Wall Street, had discernible center-right political positions through his voting record in Congress, etc. The problem with him is that he's not credible when he says his views 'evolved' on certain topics. We all know that happened out of convenience, not conviction.

I know you describe yourself as a libertarian, and so probably everything looks like big government to you. I think we can agree it's an extremely narrow view of politics, certainly hasn't been representative of the state of politics in well over a decade, and honestly, I don't even think it's a viable political position towards the future, tbh. Under the status-quo, Biden falls squarely on center-right. MIC, Wall Street, Patriot Act, globalist, likely a warmonger, he checks all the boxes.
    Agree that if you shrink the spectrum to what the politicians are only on, then it makes enough sense. Perhaps, I should have let that one go for that reason.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lastly, authoritarianism, much like populism, doesn't have a left or right owner. You can see both in the current POTUS, for example, or there's countless cases in dubya's war on terror. Leveraging the power of the State is a tried and true tradition that both parties have used extensively over time.
    Dubya wasn't conservative. We all know that at this point. Sure, he touted some conservative rhetoric. He didn't ins ute universal healthcare. But he was no conservative. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing. All the repubs have been. That's what helped to make Trump wildly successful. You don't have Trump without the likes of Bush, McCain, Romney. A similar event happened on the left, but Bernie was too much of a timid cuck to capitalize. Yes, I see the irony of that statement.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, it's a popularity contest.
    If that's good enough for you, then okay.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what i thought about 2016 tbh
    Classic Philo Lite

J/K

Not your better work.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now he hopes antibiotics change the coronagerm.
    the "germ" thing doesnt bother me all that much. its basically a laymen's term at this point and depending on where you look its definition may or may not include viruses.

but yeah, his harping on "antibiotics" on what is a virus was horrifyingly laughable
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-10-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular doing a lot of trumplaining in here.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular doing a lot of trumplaining in here.
    Like when I just agreed with Lite's point?

You have a terrible sense of timing, tranny.

Trumplaining term wasted.
    You were probably up half the night coming up with that one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like when I just agreed with Lite's point?

You have a terrible sense of timing, tranny.

Trumplaining term wasted.
    You were probably up half the night coming up with that one.
    Clearly I was talking to your back and forth with El defending dear leader. Catch up.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly I was talking to your back and forth with El defending dear leader. Catch up.
    I'm Trumplaining cos Joe's senile?

Own your , bruh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm Trumplaining cos Joe's senile?

Own your , bruh.
    You're making up excuses, paulie.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reck:

You are not referring to the “old” poster paulie are you?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes or no.
    You spent a good day beggin' for dem bones.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reck:

You are not referring to the “old” poster paulie are you?
    Could apply if derp is into corpses.

Thread Information