Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden’s a better candidate than Hilary was. Unfortunately trump is a stronger candidate now as well.
    Sadly, no. I say this with the disclaimer that I think polls are BS in general; but if you'll indulge my using them anyhow, I was reading an article about how they have Biden in a weaker starting point than where she was at.

He doesn't have the "history" / "woman" angle/card. He's certainly not miles ahead of her in being incorruptible (which was a huge weakness for her). He is more likeable; but that is sort of academic more than practical. People may have liked the fiery Joe that could at least pretend to be above the fray and be the caring everyday man; but that's really been washed away a lot when it's now clear that he's a doddering old dude in steep decline who will just be the ultimate puppet even more so than the typical modern president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And BTW, this one is entirely on the media for even asking that question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not by a long shot. Sure, the conventional thinking on the prestige of VP / legacy is something that often holds at least seemingly. But you're fooling yourself if you think people are going to vote for senility. He's done for even before you throw in the creepy sh**.
    The guy was dead meat 3 months ago. Only took one state for people to vote for him en masse.

Trump is afraid of Biden and he has good reasons to be. We now know Bernie would have gotten his ass lit up by Trump.

Not because Bernie is a bad candidate but because his appeal is very limited. Biden as old as he is, is at least well liked. That is going to count for a lot given how terrible Trump is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And BTW, this one is entirely on the media for even asking that question.
    It's the New York Post. The equivalent of what Breitbart is to the internet.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy was dead meat 3 months ago. Only took one state for people to vote for him en masse.

Trump is afraid of Biden and he has good reasons to be. We now know Bernie would have gotten his ass lit up by Trump.

Not because Bernie is a bad candidate but because his appeal is very limited. Biden as old as he is, is at least well liked. That is going to count for a lot given how terrible Trump is.
    Come on, Reck. You know how that all went down. Don't pretend that Biden is a super candidate. He went from first place to like sixth in that weak field for starters.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 04-10-2020 at 03:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's almost no doubt old Joe will very likely win the popular vote, and likely by a solid margin, making him clearly more popular than Trump (which wouldn't really be a feat, tbh, considering Trump probably ranks among the least liked presidents in history).

Winning the election is a different thing altogether though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's almost no doubt old Joe will very likely win the popular vote, and likely by a solid margin, making him clearly more popular than Trump (which wouldn't really be a feat, tbh, considering Trump probably ranks among the least liked presidents in history).

Winning the election is a different thing altogether though.
    True.

But Biden stands a better chance at winning the states that is needed to win the presidency. Michigan and Pennsylvania are almost a lock for him. Wisconsin is a toss up though, imo.

Coronovirus has really worked out for him. The less he's out there goofing up the better.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens we'll know voter fraud is rampant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens we'll know voter fraud is rampant.
    You can keep denying reality, tbh, it doesn't change it though. The GOP has lost the popular vote in 6 out of the last 7 presidential elections, including winning the election but losing the popular vote twice (something that has happened only 5 times in history).

It's not a fluke. Betting that Biden will win the popular vote is actually a fairly safe and conservative bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.

But Biden stands a better chance at winning the states that is needed to win the presidency. Michigan and Pennsylvania are almost a lock for him. Wisconsin is a toss up though, imo.

Coronovirus has really worked out for him. The less he's out there goofing up the better.
    I'm not so sure about those states. Mostly because they rejected pretty clearly globalism last time around, and Biden is more of the same.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can keep denying reality, tbh, it doesn't change it though. The GOP has lost the popular vote in 6 out of the last 7 presidential elections, including winning the election but losing the popular vote twice (something that has happened only 5 times in history).

It's not a fluke. Betting that Biden will win the popular vote is actually a fairly safe and conservative bet.
    Yea, and there's been shenanigans going back past JFK frankly. But even factoring all that in, if America is voting for a senile creepy then the sh** is serious. The alternative is Americans are that stupid. I have a tid bit of faith that Americans aren't that stupid to put in a totally unqualified person like Biden into office.

It's frankly quite naive to apply past numbers to a senile candidate. This is new ground for Dems. They are basically putting their faith in their voters being completely programmable bots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, and there's been shenanigans going back past JFK frankly. But even factoring all that in, if America is voting for a senile creepy then the sh** is serious. The alternative is Americans are that stupid. I have a tid bit of faith that Americans aren't that stupid to put in a totally unqualified person like Biden into office.

It's frankly quite naive to apply past numbers to a senile candidate. This is new ground for Dems. They are basically putting their faith in their voters being completely programmable bots.
    You know I'm no fan of Biden, but Americans voted in Trump, that's how stupid this can really get. So yeah, there's no bar or bottom.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know I'm no fan of Biden, but Americans voted in Trump, that's how stupid this can really get. So yeah, there's no bar or bottom.
    Trump won, bruh. Get over your TDS. Running a senile like Biden shows how little respect Democrats have for anyone or anything. I thought people should've got that when they ran a psychopath like Hillary. But this is even more in your face obvious than that to the casual voter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting take. What makes you think he's a stronger candidate now? In bency not withstanding.
    Surely you're joking. Trump is no longer an unknown - none of: he has no experience in politics or the military, he's gonna take us into recession - record stock market, low unemployment, etc. - the world didn't come to an end (nuclear war) and if some of you would get past your TDS - peace and prosperity (until covid, of course).

What I have noticed during covid: he is accessible, he listens and takes action (moves fast). Now whether what he's been hearing is correct (death estimates were way over) - that's another story.

But the Trump hate is STRONG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump won, bruh. Get over your TDS. Running a senile like Biden shows how little respect Democrats have for anyone or anything. I thought people should've got that when they ran a psychopath like Hillary. But this is even more in your face obvious than that to the casual voter.
    I never denied Trump winning. I always said he won fair and square.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never denied Trump winning. I always said he won fair and square.
    the EC is not "fair and square".

Comey/Nunes gave the anti-democratic EC, vi PA-WI-MI, to Trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

same rules for everybody, all candidates knew what they needed to do to win. that's fair and square.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both derp and rmt posts goes to show why the Biden selection is a poor choice, tbh.

The notion that Democrats are disrespectful towards voters with the Biden selection, glosses over that Trump is the other candidate. We're being insulted with the notion that these two are the best each party can muster, and what America's best and brightest looks like. It's really an indictment on both parties.
    Then you have rmt, which is the prototypical cult member. Far from elucidating that from this post, her posting history precedes her.

The overarching point, however, is that neither of those guys will ever vote for a candidate with a (D) next to their name for POTUS in the foreseeable future. As much complaining there is about Trump's hate (well earned, I might add), the hate and disdain for anything DNC (well earned too) from large swats of the population is just as powerful.

So why keep picking old center-right career politicians like Biden? I get that maybe you don't want to go all the way to the other end in Bernie, but there has to be somebody younger, without the plethora of skeletons in the closet that's not married to corporate america.

Despite the fact that some voters like the two above will not vote for a (D) POTUS, they're also largely a minority. However, when you add up that the main reason you expect large turnout is because the opponent is hated, then what does that really say about your own candidate?

How do you reconcile that with the notion that this is supposedly a very important election? Why isn't somebody like Mic e Obama running, that you know would run the table?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The butthurt.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both derp and rmt posts goes to show why the Biden selection is a poor choice, tbh.

The notion that Democrats are disrespectful towards voters with the Biden selection, glosses over that Trump is the other candidate. We're being insulted with the notion that these two are the best each party can muster, and what America's best and brightest looks like. It's really an indictment on both parties.
    Then you have rmt, which is the prototypical cult member. Far from elucidating that from this post, her posting history precedes her.

The overarching point, however, is that neither of those guys will ever vote for a candidate with a (D) next to their name for POTUS in the foreseeable future. As much complaining there is about Trump's hate (well earned, I might add), the hate and disdain for anything DNC (well earned too) from large swats of the population is just as powerful.

So why keep picking old center-right career politicians like Biden? I get that maybe you don't want to go all the way to the other end in Bernie, but there has to be somebody younger, without the plethora of skeletons in the closet that's not married to corporate america.

Despite the fact that some voters like the two above will not vote for a (D) POTUS, they're also largely a minority. However, when you add up that the main reason you expect large turnout is because the opponent is hated, then what does that really say about your own candidate?

How do you reconcile that with the notion that this is supposedly a very important election? Why isn't somebody like Mic e Obama running, that you know would run the table?
    That's off. Repubs tried to insult the cons uency by shoving their system trash down their throats. The Repub nomination was exposed just as the Democrat system was; but Trump was an overwhelming favorite. You may say he ended up being business as usual; but the people spoke on that one. If you're looking for a candidate that was screwed out of the nomination by party and media, go back to Ron Paul.

As for the Dem side of the coin, yea the allegedly impartial DNC efforts to get Hillary an then Joe nominated is well do ented.

Both parties have broken nomination processes, I will agree. The truth is people on both sides aren't demanding fairness. Repubs certainly didn't turn around and fix any sh** for which I'm aware, and 2024 could be some sh** again. Dems fixes; I dunno if I'm forgetting some token changes; but their system seems to just as f'd up as ever.

"Center-right" like Biden. Dude's big gov. AF. Most everyone is authoritarian left, and that includes repubs. Stop playing with yourself on that one.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Begging for a disbarred puppet with virtually no experience cos Hope and Change Pt. ii

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just waiting for Obama to start campaigning for him.
    Those are the operative words.

He still hasn't endorsed TOSB Joe.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely you're joking. Trump is no longer an unknown - none of: he has no experience in politics or the military, he's gonna take us into recession - record stock market, low unemployment, etc. - the world didn't come to an end (nuclear war) and if some of you would get past your TDS - peace and prosperity (until covid, of course).

What I have noticed during covid: he is accessible, he listens and takes action (moves fast). Now whether what he's been hearing is correct (death estimates were way over) - that's another story.

But the Trump hate is STRONG.
    Has Trump done anything wrong in this crisis?

Yes or no.

If yes, say what he did wrong.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump begging to have bones thrown to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting take. What makes you think he's a stronger candidate now? In bency not withstanding.
    The economy has been doing well (obviously not now, but I don’t think that can be put on him), he actually has experience now, some people actually think he has handled this pandemic well.

Thread Information