Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/virus-in-brief-projections-for-us-death-toll-trending-downward-get-caught-up-on-the/article_98bb1386-f8c0-58a9-9ed3-b54810083e8f.html): “The main model used by the White House and pretty much everyone else to predict coronavirus trends was updated Wednesday to show far fewer projected US deaths from Covid-19 — down to 60,415 people by August, from the 82,000 the model showed on Tuesday (which was already lower than previous projections).”

Why do you think the projections have dropped? I have heard mostly that Americans have complied more with stay-at-home-orders than originally expected, and the drop in the projections reflects that. Hopefully this news will reinforce the need for such measures to continue, rather than making Americans feel safe enough to break quarantine.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , need this to keep going up to the economy can tank tbh... I ing hate that the dow jones is 23K it should be 15K or less by now.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hopefully this news will reinforce the need for such measures to continue, rather than making Americans feel safe enough to break quarantine.
    people are too stupid for that. It took the shutdown of all sports and “MILLIONS WILL DIE” fearmongering for people to take this seriously. As soon as you give the idea that “eh maybe it won’t be so bad” everyone is going to completely drop all social distancing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    death continue as steady rate, over 800 in one day in NY

infections continue asymptotically, and most the country, esp the red/slave states have gotten theirs, yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mm be like... i hope many people suffer so that i can reap benefits

what a turd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/virus-in-brief-projections-for-us-death-toll-trending-downward-get-caught-up-on-the/article_98bb1386-f8c0-58a9-9ed3-b54810083e8f.html): “The main model used by the White House and pretty much everyone else to predict coronavirus trends was updated Wednesday to show far fewer projected US deaths from Covid-19 — down to 60,415 people by August, from the 82,000 the model showed on Tuesday (which was already lower than previous projections).”

Why do you think the projections have dropped? I have heard mostly that Americans have complied more with stay-at-home-orders than originally expected, and the drop in the projections reflects that. Hopefully this news will reinforce the need for such measures to continue, rather than making Americans feel safe enough to break quarantine.
    Fat chance of that. That is just a first wave prediction if we stay shut down till AUGUST. I wouldn't be surprised if ultimately it's even more than the 150,000 to 200,000 they originally projected.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most people have been remarkably cooperative IMO. Right wing media is beating the drum to drive back to work over grandma's corpse now, so we'll have to see how long it lasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mm be like... i hope many people suffer so that i can reap benefits

what a turd
    dow dropping or raising does not correlate with people suffering tbqh

for example when dow was close to 30k most americans were still suffering(financially)

in other words most americans will struggle financially regardless of the Dow value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traffic has been amazing. I'm lovin it. Can easily drive 85-90 and no cops on the freeway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traffic has been amazing. I'm lovin it. Can easily drive 85-90 and no cops on the freeway.

That's the main thing I'm going to miss once this thing has passed.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the main thing I'm going to miss once this thing has passed.
    well that, and the WFH thingy

Thread Information