My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like Kenny Smith is the first or only person to think of this. But the media is attaching his name to it so lets just run with it.

Checks a lot of boxes:

Keeps $$$ coming in.
    Would def be entertaining.
    Betting would come back.
    Sure the Champion would have an asterisk but we've already had plenty of those. 2002 Champion Kings were forced to stop play etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartanntp

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not a bad idea, but I do not want to see the Timberwolves or any other sorry teams in any playoffs. No NIT tournaments in the NBA.

Take the top 8 like always and roll with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad idea, but I do not want to see the Timberwolves or any other sorry teams in any playoffs. No NIT tournaments in the NBA.

Take the top 8 like always and roll with it.
    Spirit of compe ion I agree with you 100.
    However for involvement of all under current conditions, I vote let all teams in.

Could Popfan then declare the streak alive?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA just has to accept the fact there is no way for them to operate, especially when opening the country soon ensures we will have a nasty second wave of SARSCov2 infections.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spirit of compe ion I agree with you 100.
    However for involvement of all under current conditions, I vote let all teams in.

Could Popfan then declare the streak alive?
    Seeing Pop castrate reporters again in the postseason makes the idea appealing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA just has to accept the fact there is no way for them to operate, especially when opening the country soon ensures we will have a nasty second wave of SARSCov2 infections.
    Agreed. I don't think any of these sports leagues are going to be able to operate for a while granted they will still attempt it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They have a quick test to see if you have it - - takes a few minutes to get results.

They also have the antibody test to see if you are immune. It's feasible to have games w/o fans in a controlled setting in which everyone is tested prior to.

If they do go that route, it would need to be quick series. Because I just see Mil vs LAC/LAL game 7 and Giannis or somebody testing positive before tipoff. What a disaster.

Agreed. I don't think any of these sports leagues are going to be able to operate for a while granted they will still attempt it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a quick test to see if you have it - - takes a few minutes to get results.

They also have the antibody test to see if you are immune. It's feasible to have games w/o fans in a controlled setting in which everyone is tested prior to.

If they do go that route, it would need to be quick series. Because I just see Mil vs LAC/LAL game 7 and Giannis or somebody testing positive before tipoff. What a disaster.
    Sure they can still attempt it and they probably will since they need that money badly but I think it will be an epic fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern Jr. and the owners would insist Giannis play, right?
    Naw, but the game would go on.

It will be a huge asterisk Championship but I think they should do it.
    Will be wildly entertaining.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stern Jr. and the owners would insist Giannis play, right?
    Naw, but the game would go on.

It will be a huge asterisk Championship but I think they should do it.
    Will be wildly entertaining.
    Yeah I mean what options do people have. Netflix gets old.

If it comes down to a lame, no fan series vs watching your neighbor water their lawns for the 500th time this month, they will choose the games. I'd watch.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

No doubt. It goes down in history as the le that doesn't really count...unless of course Lebron wins, then Nick Wright and the media will spin it as the most courageous effort ever...playing while risking their lives with Corona. . Jordan never dealt with COVID. This solidifies Lebron as the best ever, blah blah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I mean what options do people have. Netflix gets old.

If it comes down to a lame, no fan series vs watching your neighbor water their lawns for the 500th time this month, they will choose the games. I'd watch.
    Probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ She's over 18.
    When False Charge Chunko gets triggered here is one for him:

https://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/1303/2020/01/20120413/img_6348-1024x683.jpg?voting_enabled=&image_id=57930

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Thread Information