Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Aww man, I hate to see Aggies fight. C'mon you two...say howdy and make up.

Besides if Jim wants to bet, let him...he is usually right.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count

Wooo, look at me, I'm rich. Good for you, quit trying to piss it away. And the bet would be bad for me because of the crappy odds, not the amount I'd be betting. The amount you bet has nothing to do with whether the bet is a good one or not. If you gave me 200-1 odds on something I thought had 1/100 chances of happening, it's a good bet no matter how much I put on it.
    I am not saying I am rich, I was just answering you when you said you doubted I would pay you the 10K.

I can not afford to lose 10K...my wife would kill me...but a grand is doable, if you want to bet that.

Did you happen to check out my prediction last night?

I was right on.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    I am not saying I am rich, I was just answering you when you said you doubted I would pay you the 10K.

I can not afford to lose 10K...my wife would kill me...but a grand is doable, if you want to bet that.

I was right on.

Listen up Nostradumbass! There is no way in that Texas will beat USC in the Rose Bowl. I will bet wine on it.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    Listen up Nostradumbass! There is no way in that Texas will beat USC in the Rose Bowl. I will bet wine on it.
    You're on!!!

Sokol Blosser(Oregon wine) for me, Messina Hof(Texas Wine) for you..

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    You're on!!!

Sokol Blosser(Oregon wine) for me, Messina Hof(Texas Wine) for you..
    Deal.

Post Count
    USC will win it all and I'm not just saying that because I am an Aggie. Texas is damn good and deserves to play for it all. The Aggies suck ass no doubt.

However, I work out in Orange County and see tons of USC and Texas coverage and I just think USC is damn near a pro team with all their weapons. Texas has a slightly better D, but USC offense is better than Texas' D.

I think it would be a great game, but USC would win by 7-10.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    USC will win it all and I'm not just saying that because I am an Aggie. Texas is damn good and deserves to play for it all. The Aggies suck ass no doubt.

However, I work out in Orange County and see tons of USC and Texas coverage and I just think USC is damn near a pro team with all their weapons. Texas has a slightly better D, but USC offense is better than Texas' D.

I think it would be a great game, but USC would win by 7-10.
    I don't know. I think Texas the Texas offense is almost as good as USC's, but the Texas defense is much better than the USC defense. It will be a good game, until Young takes over and rushes for 200+ yards and scores 4 touchdowns.

UT 42 -- USC 28
    ________
    Park Royal 1 Prathumnak Pattaya
    Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 08-23-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Texas A&M >> t.u. TexasAggie2005's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

I was right on.

I'm pretty sure you missed the number of points, although someone else hit it on the head. And saying Timmy is going to go off isn't exactly a shocking prediction. Look, I'm not trying to get on your case here. It's just a little annoying when you're so arrogant. You got lucky and predicted a couple of things semi-correctly that weren't as hard to predict as you thought they were. And then you gloss over the parts you messed up. Don't get y.

I don't bet with people on the Internet. For one thing, I don't trust them to pay up. For another, you shouldn't be betting money you can't afford to lose. I'm a poor student.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    USC wins in a landslide. Giving a team like USC, with the variety of offensive weapons they have, a month to prepare for a football game is a recipe for slaughter. That's why OU got stomped, I really don't think they were that inferior of a team. I don't think Texas is that much worse than USC, but I think USC wins by at least three touchdowns. Assuming both teams get there of course.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    not much worse than USC but loses by 3 TD's? sounds much worse to me. Then again, I know you can't be objective.

My Team
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Post Count
    if only Texas had Carlyle Holiday
    they would be number 1 for sure......yea right that would make me the ultimate notredame/san antonio(roosevelt highschool) homer. That guy was a flop, horrible recruiting job by bob davie....

seriously though, UT and USC is going to be a game... I am rooting for Texas because they are my home team... but man it is going to be a game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not much worse than USC but loses by 3 TD's? sounds much worse to me. Then again, I know you can't be objective.
    Did you read why I said that? I think they're fairly equal in talent. But Pete Carroll will do a lot better job preparing a game plan than Mack will. For one thing, he's got a wider variety of talent to hit Texas with. Texas is good, but fairly predictable and the Trojans will be prepared for what Young does. Look at what USC did to OU last year.

And you're right, I'm probably not objective. Three TDs might be a bit much, but I think USC still wins easily. Of course none of this means Texas won't beat us by eight TDs.

Late 2nd round pick cecil collins's Avatar
    Post Count
    You can't prepare for a Young that can pass. It's too many threats. You gotta decide:do you want to make him beat you with the pass, or with his legs? I don't know why people are calling for a blowout, unless they hate Texas. USC will not dominate Texas.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count

Amen.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    Did you read why I said that? I think they're fairly equal in talent. But Pete Carroll will do a lot better job preparing a game plan than Mack will. For one thing, he's got a wider variety of talent to hit Texas with. Texas is good, but fairly predictable and the Trojans will be prepared for what Young does. Look at what USC did to OU last year.

And you're right, I'm probably not objective. Three TDs might be a bit much, but I think USC still wins easily. Of course none of this means Texas won't beat us by eight TDs.
    With a scouting report like that I guess every team UT has played except Ohio St could've won the game instead of lose by a margin of something like 20-62pts.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You said they were "fairly equal" then you said UT would lose by 3 TD's. That is not fairly equal. Its either one or the other. Then again I know you believe the latter for the sole reason of where you attend school and no other reason. Also, the two teams will have a month to prepare for one another. You don't think Texas will be prepared for SC? UT hasn't seen an offense like Southern Cal's but then again SC hasn't seen a defense like Texas. If they meet it should be a of a game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I said they were fairly equal talentwise. Not that the score would be fairly equal. And you make Young beat you throwing, he's not consistent enough passing. Contain his running ability (which USC can do) and make him put it in the air.

Did you guys see what USC did to OU last year with a month to prepare? Simply put, they've got a greater variety of weapons to hit you with and are thus more difficult to prepare for. I think Carroll's also a lot better at preparing his team than Mack. But I guess we'll all find out in a couple months. Where's the "great prognosticator" Jim? Jim, you care to wager your reputation on this one?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    With a scouting report like that I guess every team UT has played except Ohio St could've won the game instead of lose by a margin of something like 20-62pts.
    Texas hasn't played anyone else with a comparable talent level. Who's the best team (other than tOSU) Texas has played?

Post Count
    Texas hasn't played anyone else with a comparable talent level. Who's the best team (other than tOSU) Texas has played?
    Who has SC played that is as good as Texas?

OU last year was a different team. You stop the run, and put pressure on White and they were pedestrian. Good luck doing that to this team. Making Vince throw will be a mistake because the recievers are much improved, and it would make them vulnerable downfield. Stopping Vince's running=huge passing lanes and Texas victory. I look forward to the game, if things should go as assumed.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Who has SC played that is as good as Texas?
    I didn't say they had. Read the quote I was replying to before you make assumptions. You make Vince pass because he's inconsistent and at times not very accurate with his passes. Playing against bad teams (and Texas' schedule has been weaker overall than USC's) has made him look better than he is. Didn't everyone think OU would be difficult for USC to stop last year with AD running the ball and White throwing it all over them? We all know how that went, huh?

Post Count
    Didn't everyone think OU would be difficult for USC to stop last year with AD running the ball and White throwing it all over them? We all know how that went, huh?
    Not me certainly, and I'm sure USC was the favorite to win that game. Like I said, if you can stop Peterson, and pressure White, you can win big. Texas is not that easy to figure out.

OU was a different team, and SC's defense is not as strong. You can call for a blowout, just as long as you man up to it when Texas gives SC everything they asked for and more. It'll be a great game.

Post Count
    Not me certainly, and I'm sure USC was the favorite to win that game. Like I said, if you can stop Peterson, and pressure White, you can win big. Texas is not that easy to figure out.

OU was a different team, and SC's defense is not as strong. You can call for a blowout, just as long as you man up to it when Texas gives SC everything they asked for and more. It'll be a great game.
    ou was actually a 1.5 point favorite if i recall correctly. most of the big time announcers even picked ou in a close game.

i think it is only natural for people to be biased when it comes to college football, but how come texasaggie gets for saying that sc is going to win big when probably more than half the people in this thread keep saying that texas is going to win (including the above part "when Texas gives SC everything they asked for and more"... that says when not if... ) when the fact is not a single one of us knows what will happen nor will we until january 4th (hopefully if everything falls into place). until then, its just speculation on both parts.
    Last edited by KewlKat00; 11-10-2005 at 03:10 AM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Of course everyone claims now they thought USC would win big. Fact is, virtually no one predicted it before hand. Texas' offense is much simpler than OU's was last year. It's not that hard to figure out, but no one y'all have played has had the speed and athletic ability to cover it. USC does.

And I love how you think OU was so easy to stop. Stop Peterson (yeah, like that was easy) and pressure White (like OU's line was a bunch of slouches). How come Texas couldn't beat OU last year if they were that easy to stop?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i think it is only natural for people to be biased when it comes to college football, but how come texasaggie gets for saying that sc is going to win big when probably more than half the people in this thread keep saying that texas is going to win (including the above part "when Texas gives SC everything they asked for and more"... that says when not if... )
    Amen. I'm a biased Aggie and you're a bunch of biased t-sips. And I have no problem admitting it IF I turn out to be wrong. I never meant anything as more than a prediction anyhow, I don't make guarantees. There's too much uncertainty in college football.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Amen. I'm a biased Aggie and you're a bunch of biased t-sips.
    Nice assumption. I am pretty sure that Aggie Hoopsfan is not a biased t-sip. Neither is Jim, Hussker or Tlong. Even Dio...ok...Dio is biased but he is not a t-sip! I am a Texas fan but not being an alum that removes me from "t-sip" status and I do think that USC would beat Texas in a matchup...tell me again how I am biased...I just don't think it will be by 3 TD's and I don't think that if teams are evenly matched, one will beat the other by 3 TD's.

when the fact is not a single one of us knows what will happen nor will we until january 4th (hopefully if everything falls into place). until then, its just speculation on both parts.
    on this...we agree.
    Last edited by samikeyp; 11-10-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Thread Information