Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    Nice assumption. I am pretty sure that Aggie Hoopsfan is not a biased t-sip. Neither is Jim, Hussker or Tlong. Even Dio...ok...Dio is biased but he is not a t-sip! I am a Texas fan but not being an alum that removes me from "t-sip" status and I do think that USC would beat Texas in a matchup...tell me again how I am biased...I just don't think it will be by 3 TD's and I don't think that if teams are evenly matched, one will beat the other by 3 TD's.
    i didn't necessarily mean you about the biased part, but there is definitely some bias going on in here ( , i am guilty too... fight on!). people might not necessarily be biased for (or against) texas or usc, but for the big 12 of for the pac-10. you don't have to be an alum or a fan to have these opinions. that's just what i think.

i don't think that usc will win by 3 TDs (i am the nervous fan type), but i can understand, based on last year, how someone can say that even though the talent seems similar usc could win by 3 TDs. last year, usc and ou had similar seasons. it was supposed to be an epic matchup. but ou was supposed to have the stronger o-line, better defense, and better running game. while usc had the passing game and special teams. well we all saw how that turned out. i don't think ou was a bad team (ask the other 12 teams they played). i mean how many of their players went to the nfl? usc was just incredibily prepared and capitalized. of course, this is a completely different year so who knows.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Its all good Kewl...I was referring to TexasAggie2005 and his "you're a bunch of biased t-sips" comment. I thought you made great points in your posts.

My Team
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Post Count
    I also think it is important to mention that USC will get back a few starters on defense if they make it to the national championship game. I think one of thier injured players is a corner, a good corner. That could make a big difference.

Post Count
    I also think it is important to mention that USC will get back a few starters on defense if they make it to the national championship game. I think one of thier injured players is a corner, a good corner. That could make a big difference.
    well a starting cornerback and starting linebacker are out for the season. but our new cornerback will gain experience and his backup (who started a few games) should be healed by then (ankle sprain). also we have a few other linebackers with injuries (knee sprain and hamstring problems) that should be okay soon.

Texas A&M >> t.u. TexasAggie2005's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Nice assumption. I am pretty sure that Aggie Hoopsfan is not a biased t-sip. Neither is Jim, Hussker or Tlong. Even Dio...ok...Dio is biased but he is not a t-sip! I am a Texas fan but not being an alum that removes me from "t-sip" status and I do think that USC would beat Texas in a matchup...tell me again how I am biased...I just don't think it will be by 3 TD's and I don't think that if teams are evenly matched, one will beat the other by 3 TD's.
    Ok, so obviously I wasn't referring to every single other person in the thread. Way to take that out of context. I was just talking about everyone who's so confident Texas will win handily. Notice I've never referred to "when USC beats Texas", etc. I happen to think USC will win fairly easily, but I've never said that's anything other than my own personal opinion.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not out of context at all...those were your exact words. I know its your opinion, that was never disputed.
    Last edited by samikeyp; 11-11-2005 at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Not out of context at all...those were your exact words. I know its your opinion, that was never disputed.
    Ok, whatever. You knew what I meant. Obviously saying "y'all" wasn't intended to mean every single person, especially since a few people are predicting a USC win. And just because they're my exact words doesn't mean they can't be taken out of context. Or do we want to get into an English debate, too?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I went by exactly what you said in your post. You may have meant something different but unless you say that...how do we know for sure? You could have meant that and are now lying about it...you could be telling truth. Who knows for sure? But you want me to believe you just because you say so.
    Last edited by samikeyp; 11-11-2005 at 03:31 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Why? because you said so? Y'all can refer to a group of people as well as every single person in a group.

I did? How? All you did was type. I don't know you. You can't tell emotion or meaning from typewritten words. If I was talking to you and I could hear the emotion or if I knew you personally that might be different. You may have meant it that way, you may not have...but I am supposed to take your word as gospel JUST because you say so?
    Ok, whatever, this is all pointless. I assumed you could sense the joking tone of the post. I also figured you might give me the respect to think I would know that not all of you are Longhorn homers. Evidently not. My mistake, from now on I'll just assume that you're going to take everything literally word for word.

For future reference, traditionally one would say "all y'all" when talking to everyone (at least where I'm from).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Respect has to be earned on both sides.
    Last edited by samikeyp; 11-11-2005 at 03:37 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    How do you assume tone by strictly a written word?
    Context clues. Think back to junior high. How do you tell tone in a book? It's just a bunch of written words.

Unless we know you or hear you speak...how else would we take it?
    Well, you could assume I have a small amount of common sense. You don't think I realize someone with the screenname AGGIEhoopsfan isn't a Longhorn homer? You don't think I realize that EVERY SINGLE PERSON other than me posting in the thread didn't go to Texas? Look, it was obviously an off the cuff statement that I didn't mean literally. But like I said, this is a pointless tangential argument. So from now on (in this thread) I'll post everything completely literally for the people who didn't pass English in junior high. If you ask nice, I might even go back and put little warnings on my posts that they're not entirely literal. But only if you ask nice.

EDIT: It's hard to keep track of what the you're talking about when: A) You make no sense and B) You keep editing everything out of your posts.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well that leaves me out because I got A's in English all through junior high and high school.

You don't think I realize that EVERY SINGLE PERSON other than me posting in the thread didn't go to Texas?
    Some may have. You don't know that. I didn't but I have made that apparent.

EDIT: So because you don't like what I say...I don't make sense. I edit for the sake of not being a jerk.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Well that leaves me out because I got A's in English all through junior high and high school.
    Good for you. If only you could remember how to use the stuff you learned.

Some may have. You don't know that. I didn't but I have made that apparent.

EDIT: So because you don't like what I say...I don't make sense. I edit for the sake of not being a jerk.
    That's my entire point. I know some people here might have gone to Texas, but obviously all of them didn't. This is what the entire argument's about. This is what you're making such a big deal about. The fact that you thought I thought EVERYONE here went to Texas. Not that no one did.

If you don't want to be a jerk, why post it in the first place? And you don't make sense because your arguments are illogical, not because I disagree with them.

Late 2nd round pick cecil collins's Avatar
    Post Count
    But like I said, this is a pointless tangential argument.
    Funny you say that it is pointless when your posts about it are 4 times longer than his.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Funny you say that it is pointless when your posts about it are 4 times longer than his.
    I didn't bring it up. Besides, his posts are shorter because he only responds to the parts of my posts he wants to. Well, and because he edits large portions of them out after the fact. Uh oh, my post is getting longer than yours....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Illogical? Why...because you say so?

I edited my posts because I want to keep this as a friendly debate and not a mudfest like you are trying to do.

My posts make sense...you either can't or don't want to understand them. If you would rather me respond to every line of your post, instead of the ones that I have interest in or an issue with, I would be glad to.

I say USC will win the National Championship, they are unbeatable! Texas has too easy of a schedule whereas USC has an extremely hard schedule! The win against Notre Dame shows that you can't beat this team. Texas is a formidable opponent, but USC takes the cake by a long shot.

oh yea, and uhhh, Go Irish!....

#35 Pittsburgh Pisces MosesGuthrie's Avatar
    My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    The only reason Mister Aggie is picking USC is because he hates Texas. They are conditioned to do that. You are obviously not a Texan because a true Texan always roots for a Texas school against a non-Texas school. Homers are pussies anyway.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Whoa man...that is a little harsh. I don't agree with him but he has the right to root for who he wants.

I say USC will win the National Championship, they are unbeatable! Texas has too easy of a schedule whereas USC has an extremely hard schedule! The win against Notre Dame shows that you can't beat this team. Texas is a formidable opponent, but USC takes the cake by a long shot.
    I agree with that...I want Texas to win but I think USC is too strong for them.

#35 Pittsburgh Pisces MosesGuthrie's Avatar
    My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    that.....I hate the ing Aggie...bunch of goddamn mindless Hitler youth. Watch, when Texas beats the holy out of the gies...he will either disappear or make excuses.

Whoa man...that is a little harsh. I don't agree with him but he has the right to root for who he wants.

I agree with that...I want Texas to win but I think USC is too strong for them.
    By the way, im not a USC fan... haha! Im actually an ND fan who has respect for USC. They are that good. As far as Texas, im an aggie fan! So yea! But I used to love Texas and was a BIG Major Applewhite fan!! Which means I dislike Mack Brown and his Longhorns! (You get what I'm saying...)So yea, I'm a lil' biased towards USC. Sorry for the comment. It was harsh.

that.....I hate the ing Aggie...bunch of goddamn mindless Hitler youth. Watch, when Texas beats the holy out of the gies...he will either disappear or make excuses.
    Just cuz we're conservative and we like Bush doesnt mean we're facist.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Illogical? Why...because you say so?

I edited my posts because I want to keep this as a friendly debate and not a mudfest like you are trying to do.

My posts make sense...you either can't or don't want to understand them. If you would rather me respond to every line of your post, instead of the ones that I have interest in or an issue with, I would be glad to.
    Illogical? At one point you say I think everyone here went to Texas. Next post you're telling me that you didn't go to Texas, but maybe some people did. And this whole thing started because you got all upset that I made an off the cuff remark that anyone should have been able to recognize as being hyperbole. That's pretty illogical in and of itself. Your posts make no sense because you're trying to start a whole argument based off your poor ability to read what I'm trying to say and then trying to place the blame for that on me. Then when I tried to correct you and explain what I meant, you got all pissy and tried to tell me that I couldn't define what I was trying to say. What the use is it in me explaining what I said when you're not going to accept my explanation? What'd you want me to say when you started this? I told you what I was trying to say (although it was pretty easy to see in the first place) and then you refuse to accept my explanation.

Don't try to pretend like I'm the one who's trying to start something. You brought it up, you got antagonistic and now I'm the one getting frustrated. How are you going to have a friendly debate with the whole premise for the debate being your twisting my words and taking a ridiculous interpretation for them? How am I supposed to have a "friendly debate" trying to explain to you what the I meant if you're going to ignore that?

One more time, if you don't want to be rude, why post it in the first place?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The only reason Mister Aggie is picking USC is because he hates Texas. They are conditioned to do that. You are obviously not a Texan because a true Texan always roots for a Texas school against a non-Texas school. Homers are pussies anyway.
    Right, because it sounds like you'd be really happy to root for A&M. And maybe I think USC will win because they've won 30 some odd games in a row and are undefeated? Funny, the polls seem to like them, too. Gee, I wonder why?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry Bull...I was referring to Moses' comment...not yours.

I understand your dislike of Mack Brown...even as a Texas fan...I am not enamored with him.

Moses....that Hitler comment was wayyy out of line, dude.

Thread Information