Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still has nothing to do with what was going on in this specific conversation

wow youre reaching, and highly obsessed i might add

but regardless, aside from 1 game this year against the rockets after trading away clint capela, i dont think lebron has been facing too many teams who mainly employs a 6'6 center. but knowing you, you're going to go the extra technical route due to your routine butthurtedness, and list every team that has a 6'6 center on the roster, as proof of the teams lebron has faced with a 6'6 center, even if its guys who barely plays 5 mins a game
    Didn’t I say a lot? I said there is another team. You said only the warriors but the rockets, which is a contender, employs a small ball lineup.

It’s pathetic your default mode when being pointed out to be wrong is to lash out and jump to personal attacks. Says a lot about your train of thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic and Robinson had such great chemistry (asg and dream team) it would have been fun if they were teammates during their careers
    But Robinson had the phenomenal Avery Johnson instead and still couldn’t deliver multiple les to San Antonio. Proving he’s a choker.

Imagine if Hakeem had Avery Johnson as his PG. he would’ve won six les in a row. Oh wait, he did, twice, and Avery was cut, both times.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Same. And it's the only one that I really remember. It was pretty surreal that he stepped back and put that over Thomas. And it's not like he kept shooting until he made one.
    Although I just went back to check the shot. It was over Thomas but it was just behind the line. Not a 40' like I had in my mind.
    I think it just seemed very impressive because of the cir stances with hiv being such a big deal. Realistically, he had like 8 inches on Thomas and he was never much of a shooter to begin with. Everyone wanted him to succeed so it did have the 40 foot in distance feel to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Isiah was the one who made sure players were comfortable playig with Magic

Despite not playing a single game for the Lakers, the fans still voted Magic Johnson into the 1992 NBA All-Star Game, longing for one more game from one of the most beloved figures in league history. The NBA allowed this to happen but not everyone was thrilled with the idea of playing alongside someone with HIV. The most notable player to speak out against Johnson suiting up was his Western Conference teammate, Utah Jazz star forward Karl Malone.

But people wanted this to happen and Magic’s longtime friend, Isiah Thomas, made sure that it did. Thomas held a meeting with the players and the result was that Magic Johnson would indeed be on the floor in Orlando. In a wonderful gesture, Tim Hardaway gave up his starting spot on the West squad so that Johnson could be on the floor for the opening tip-off.

The story that unfolded at the 1992 NBA All-Star Game was like a fairytale. During pregame introductions, the crowd gave Magic a standing ovation that just seemed to go on and on and on. But the other players still didn’t quite know how to react. Again, Isiah Thomas stepped in and eased the tension, running over and embracing his friend. And then, forgive the pun that’s coming, the real magic began.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    For any youngsters wondering who the Bill Laimbeer is He was the most hated player of his era....by far. I must admit, I loved seeing Parish knock his azz out

Laimbeer around 5:35: When we were playing against Jordan, everytime Jordan came into the lane, three people went over there and knocked him on his ass."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly, Karl Malone was the biggest dbag alive at the time, saying he didnt want to be on the court with magic.

And Isiah was the one who made sure players were comfortable playig with Magic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly, Karl Malone was the biggest dbag alive at the time, saying he didnt want to be on the court with magic.
    Dream Teamer Karl Malone was a major dirtbag tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For any youngsters wondering who the Bill Laimbeer is He was the most hated player of his era....by far. I must admit, I loved seeing Parish knock his azz out

Laimbeer around 5:35: When we were playing against Jordan, everytime Jordan came into the lane, three people went over there and knocked him on his ass."

Exaggerated
    Watch actual full games

Laimbeer also said Lebron would have dominated in that era

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I did watch actual games.

He used hyperbole -- but it happened, a LOT. The Jordan rules were a thing.

Exaggerated
    Watch actual full games

Laimbeer also said Lebron would have dominated in that era

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Didn’t I say a lot? I said there is another team. You said only the warriors but the rockets, which is a contender, employs a small ball lineup.

It’s pathetic your default mode when being pointed out to be wrong is to lash out and jump to personal attacks. Says a lot about your train of thought.
    No, I was talking about teams LeBron has had to contend with through his career.

In your mind, playing one game against a rockets team that fully adopted the extra-small-ball strategy means LeBron has had to contended against these types throughout his career? Hm ok. I assume you we'll get excessively technical with specific wording once again, and completely miss the point at hand, but hey if it makes you feel more complete in life, then have at it.

I'm fine with admitting when I'm wrong. But in this case, I wasn't bc you clearly didn't understand what was even being talked about. You're the one who literally lies and makes up stats and when it's proven wrong, you can't accept it and want to deflect.

I honestly don't know why I bother to respond to you. I'm done with this again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did watch actual games.

He used hyperbole -- but it happened, a LOT. The Jordan rules were a thing.
    Not really a lot tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Carlisle with hair!

I loved it when the spurs put some slow bum on Dirk. Knew it was going to be a fun night.

In 2014 they checked him straight up with Splitter and Dirk didn't light him up. That's when I knew Dirk was essentially done as a primetime player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle with hair!

I loved it when the spurs put some slow bum on Dirk. Knew it was going to be a fun night.

In 2014 they checked him straight up with Splitter and Dirk didn't light him up. That's when I knew Dirk was essentially done as a primetime player.
    Ugh Dirl was such a matchup nightmare

But I can't hate himl dude is unhatable

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well Cuban acted like a Dbag so you have someone to hate on with us. With the Spurs, there was literally nobody in the entire organization to hate on once Bowen retired. Like everyone was a true pro and a nice guy. , how am I supposed to hate on that?

Ugh Dirl was such a matchup nightmare

But I can't hate himl dude is unhatable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Cuban acted like a Dbag so you have someone to hate on with us. With the Spurs, there was literally nobody in the entire organization to hate on once Bowen retired. Like everyone was a true pro and a nice guy. , how am I supposed to hate on that?
    Lol

I didn’t mind Cuban’s trolling tbh, I’m not one of those ugly Fat Antonians

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I was talking about teams LeBron has had to contend with through his career.

In your mind, playing one game against a rockets team that fully adopted the extra-small-ball strategy means LeBron has had to contended against these types throughout his career? Hm ok. I assume you we'll get excessively technical with specific wording once again, and completely miss the point at hand, but hey if it makes you feel more complete in life, then have at it.

I'm fine with admitting when I'm wrong. But in this case, I wasn't bc you clearly didn't understand what was even being talked about. You're the one who literally lies and makes up stats and when it's proven wrong, you can't accept it and want to deflect.

I honestly don't know why I bother to respond to you. I'm done with this again
    That’s not what I said. Stop acting like you have sand stuck in your bathing trunks. You said only one team used that strategy and I pointed out there’s the rockets. I have nothin against Lebron and think he’s got a legit claim to GOAT even though I won’t put him there personally, you don’t have to act like someone shagged your ex everytime someone didn’t grovel at the feet of Lebron. Sheesh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    That’s not what I said. Stop acting like you have sand stuck in your bathing trunks. You said only one team used that strategy and I pointed out there’s the rockets. I have nothin against Lebron and think he’s got a legit claim to GOAT even though I won’t put him there personally, you don’t have to act like someone shagged your ex everytime someone didn’t grovel at the feet of Lebron. Sheesh.
    i actually dont consider lebron the goat

i dont have any issue with people not elevating lebron

i simply pointed out the ridiculousness of people such as dirks_finale talking about how jordan faced loads of big centers while lebron faced a bunch of measly 6'6 centers, which is clearly just not true. he consistently played against teams with legit big men, even several teams that frequently employed "twin-tower" lineups with two legit bigs, such as the spurs, pistons, celtics, pacers, hawks, and raptors. about the only notable team he had to deal with was the warriors, who still generally started a 7-footer at center (who made major contributions) whether it was bogut or mcgee.

me and him have come to simply agree to disagree as to our how great we each feel lebron is. but to literally lie to make a claim is simply ridiculous. it has nothing to do with wanting people to grovel at lebrons feet. but i guess it could be worse, he could have claimed ray allen had a scoring increase in 00-01, when he actually had a decrease, a stat that any re can pull up in about 6 seconds in order to avoid blatantly lying to try to make a point.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just so you understand my POV, I realize only a few teams regularly start 6'6 guys at the 5. What I am saying is this is a small ball era and depending on matchups, even teams who start taller guys often times find themselves going small out of necessity during games. And Lebron and others regularly take advantage of the lack of legit rim protection. A luxury MJ never had.

i actually dont consider lebron the goat

i dont have any issue with people not elevating lebron

i simply pointed out the ridiculousness of people such as dirks_finale talking about how jordan faced loads of big centers while lebron faced a bunch of measly 6'6 centers, which is clearly just not true. he consistently played against teams with legit big men, even several teams that frequently employed "twin-tower" lineups with two legit bigs, such as the spurs, pistons, celtics, pacers, hawks, and raptors. about the only notable team he had to deal with was the warriors, who still generally started a 7-footer at center (who made major contributions) whether it was bogut or mcgee.

me and him have come to simply agree to disagree as to our how great we each feel lebron is. but to literally lie to make a claim is simply ridiculous. it has nothing to do with wanting people to grovel at lebrons feet. but i guess it could be worse, he could have claimed ray allen had a scoring increase in 00-01, when he actually had a decrease, a stat that any re can pull up in about 6 seconds in order to avoid blatantly lying to try to make a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just so you understand my POV, I realize only a few teams regularly start 6'6 guys at the 5. What I am saying is this is a small ball era and depending on matchups, even teams who start taller guys often times find themselves going small out of necessity during games. And Lebron and others regularly take advantage of the lack of legit rim protection. A luxury MJ never had.
    MJ had Stern and the refs, that’s enough luxury tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    again, can go both ways. you could also say MJ had the luxury of not having to deal with the type of zone and shading schemes that defenses are allowed to do today that were previously illegal. and those defenses are far more potent when you have 3-4 athletic, long wing players out there who can cut off passing/driving lanes, make quick doubles, yet recover quick enough to get out on the perimeter and not be a defensive mismatch against smaller guards.

both eras had their pros and cons. MJ did the best he could in his. Lebron is doing the best he can in his. the only real difference is the situations the two players were in - when Mike was dominating, he had unquestionably the best team in the NBA, whereas when Lebron's been dominating, his teams have frequently been in the underdog role.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    MJ had Stern and the refs, that’s enough luxury tbh
    You think Lebron doesn't get love from the zebras?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    again, can go both ways. you could also say MJ had the luxury of not having to deal with the type of zone and shading schemes that defenses are allowed to do today that were previously illegal. and those defenses are far more potent when you have 3-4 athletic, long wing players out there who can cut off passing/driving lanes, make quick doubles, yet recover quick enough to get out on the perimeter and not be a defensive mismatch against smaller guards.

both eras had their pros and cons. MJ did the best he could in his. Lebron is doing the best he can in his. the only real difference is the situations the two players were in - when Mike was dominating, he had unquestionably the best team in the NBA, whereas when Lebron's been dominating, his teams have frequently been in the underdog role.
    I'll concede that the NBA, overall, is somewhat more athletic. Sports science and the evolution of the 21st century human body attest to that. And defensive schemes are better overall. But in regards to the zone, it was played in Jordan's era. I'm going to post a link on this that is pretty much irrefutable.

http://nobodytouchesjordan.blogspot....-myth.html?m=1

One of the most telling points the author makes is 6'2 Tony Parker led the NBA in PIP in a zone defense era. Pretty much shattering the notion that if MJ played when zone D was legal it would hinder his ability to score. Again, it was played in the bulls era it just wasnt supposed to be and I can recall coaches in the 90s whining and crying about teams zoning and getting away with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker > Jordan tbh

Thread Information