Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ewing was only a high caliber star because he played for the Knicks. If he played in Milwaukee he’d be nothing more than Damian Lillard level s om.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Step one to saying it’s your last response and claim victory.
    coming from the poster more obsessed than anyone with getting the last word in order to claim victory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming from the poster more obsessed than anyone with getting the last word in order to claim victory
    Aren’t you the guy who kept saying people don’t read your post? Read mine again please.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Aren’t you the guy who kept saying people don’t read your post? Read mine again please.
    no

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    actually ive said many times that the game isnt as reliant on physicality and bully tactics. you just dont want to read.

i simply disagreed that the mindgames are lacking in the modern nba. they are played very much still. less? perhaps, i wouldn't argue that. but to a point that the game lacks it? i dont agree.

actually, hes a modern player. quit applying commonly used tactics as if its something only existent in the past. otherwise we might as well say that every aspect of basketball is "throwback" since its basically all been in existence for 40+ years.

no one said the knicks werent a good team. just that toronto isnt nearly as bad as you suggest. for years they have been very similar to what you just described the knicks as being, in terms of a collection of good but not great players, surrounding a star (in torontos case, it was two stars that weren't quite on the level of ewing, but still a very good 1-2 punch combo). obviously they must have had a pretty good team considering they won a championship pretty much by replacing derozan with kawhi.
    Thats not accurate as Toronto did not have Siakim then. Had they had a developed Siakim and Lebron was beating them I'd give him credit for beating a good team.

Lebron faced a bunch of tomato cans on his way to the finals. And you know this

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The fact that he was the 2nd best player on that Knicks really shows that roster was trash tbh
    I still have a lot of respect for him, he worked his off and had a big heart
    Not his fault if he was smaller than Jordan and not very talented, it would be like Kevin Hart being matched up against LeBron tbh

The problem with the 90s fanboys is they will tell you that era was better than today just because.

So by that logic , the 50s were better than the 90s?
    What does it say about early/mid 2000s NBA (aka your prime years) that Billups/Ben Wallace got cut & led a team to a chip along with Stephen Jackson being the second best player on a championship team & Boobie Gibson on a team that made it to the Finals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does it say about early/mid 2000s NBA (aka your prime years) that Billups/Ben Wallace got cut & led a team to a chip along with Stephen Jackson being the second best player on a championship team & Boobie Gibson on a team that made it to the Finals?
    Ah Boobie Gibson....

the reason Porker won FMVP

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Thats not accurate as Toronto did not have Siakim then. Had they had a developed Siakim and Lebron was beating them I'd give him credit for beating a good team.

Lebron faced a bunch of tomato cans on his way to the finals. And you know this
    to average 55 wins in a three year stretch means youre a pretty solid team. le contenders? no they weren't, especially in seasons where you had the cavs, spurs, rockets and warriors all playing at incredibly high levels.

but lets not act like they were just some garbage team. they had a pair of legit all-stars, solid coaching, very good dept/balance, and consistently having one of the best bench units in the NBA. the only thing they were missing all those years was one of their all-stars stepping up as a legit superstar.

oddly, that sounds pretty much like the pacers/knicks/heat of the 90s that people were so fond of.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    GOAT era with team play, no 3-point shots spamming and zone defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that was you:

i dont deny being a lebron fan. but if you actually took the time to read anything, you would see that you were the one who brought up lebron the majority of the time, not me. my issue through basically all of our discussions have been with 1) double standards and 2) revisionist history of previous eras. lebron was usually the focus of the discussion due to your obsession with bringing him up. but i have defended plenty of other modern stars too on these subjects, such as steph, kd, kobe, harden, dirk, etc...

fwiw i grew up watching 90s basketball so it has a very special place in my heart. but im not going to be ignorant and exalt it as being something it wasnt. it was an era of basketball that generally lacked talent (compared to the 80s, 00s, and 10s), but overcame it with energy, effort and the showmanship of MJ.

whats also funny is your attempt to try to avoid addressing your ridiculous double standard. now im curious how you plan to justify it.

"mike is the goat, so he should get a pass!!!1!11!" is basically what it boils down to for people who use that ridiculous double standard
    obviously reading isnt your strong suit as i didnt say that. i said russell was ahead of tim

what proof do you have that there is no bias?

if you dont agree with it, then why bother to try to use it as some sort of conclusive proof that kg > dirk?

so that means garnett is about as skilled as timmy?

yet dirk was the one who is viewed as transcendent, and a guy who completely changed the way basketball is played in the nba

obviously his one way of affecting the game was much bigger than all of kgs

some of his prime years

then some of them he spent with 2-3 hof players in their primes and only has 1 ring to show for it

lol ok

of course its non-arbitrary when it fits your opinion

i dont disagree about cir stances, but in the end, you can only prove what actually happened. its the same reason that no matter how much people want to argue it, mike will continue to be greater than lebron, despite all the arguments for bron being a better basketball player

dirk had a more impressive career than kg, plain and simple. he changed the league and put a team on his back to win a ring. kg did neither of those.
    the difference is what lefty was saying was retaliatory and clearly in blatant jest

lebron was the person being questioned in this conversation

if you had bothered to actually read, you would have seen that very clearly. but you seem more interested in arguing for the sake of arguing, per the norm with you.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that was you:
    1 thats not what i was saying no to

2 your point is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 thats not what i was saying no to

2 your point is?
    Read your own posts then.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Read your own posts then.
    lol butthurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol non sensical.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    i have gotten the last word, making me the victor!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exactly sure how you doing exactly what you accuse others of doing is showing your wits. It’s like you are a walking contradiction and you do it consistently

Waiting for the “I’m not arguing anymore because I’m right” but.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Not exactly sure how you doing exactly what you accuse others of doing is showing your wits. It’s like you are a walking contradiction and you do it consistently

Waiting for the “I’m not arguing anymore because I’m right” but.
    this post is the same contradiction itself. especially with the reply that omits a quote in hopes I don't see it, don't respond and you can have the last word and get the gratification that you get out of it

congrats on lowering yourself to my level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this post is the same contradiction itself. especially with the reply that omits a quote in hopes I don't see it, don't respond and you can have the last word and get the gratification that you get out of it

congrats on lowering yourself to my level
    Did I ever say it was an issue? Apparently you had an issue and you just kept perpetuating it. It exactly sure what your issue is if you kept doing it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Did I ever say it was an issue? Apparently you had an issue and you just kept perpetuating it. It exactly sure what your issue is if you kept doing it.
    cool story bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got on a Jabaar, Walton and UCLA kick recently. Nothing flashy, just domination via fundamentals.
    Rather like Duncan.
    Jabaar was the goat.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best team of 97, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best team of 97, tbh.

and 98
    They got robbed both years tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got on a Jabaar, Walton and UCLA kick recently. Nothing flashy, just domination via fundamentals.
    Rather like Duncan.
    Jabaar was the goat.
    jabbar>jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undoubtedly. And a better person too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undoubtedly. And a better person too.
    Meanwhile MJ berated his HS school coach in front a front of the world for something that never happened

Thread Information