Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is that the one with Eddie Jones starting ahead of Kobe?

Eddie was so underrated. Too bad he got thrown under the bus.
    Yeah, actually. Eddie and Kobe would have wrecked teams under Phil Jackson. But we traded him for Glen Rice

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, actually. Eddie and Kobe would have wrecked teams under Phil Jackson. But we traded him for Glen Rice
    What the did you guys get for a young Van Exel? That's the one I'd be pissed about.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What the did you guys get for a young Van Exel? That's the one I'd be pissed about.
    NVE was traded for Tony Battie and some dude named Ty Lue

And yes, I was pissed off to the highest degree of pisstivity! SMH

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That 1997 team was loaded and athletic. Shaq was only 315lbs at 24 years old. Kobe still had Enfamil on his breath

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For some reason I thought they got Battie for Travis Knight. Oh well, Lue had that one great moment when Iverson stepped over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you recall?
    I read somehere that Detroit got bailed out at the end of game 6 on a Dumars basket rhat shouldn’t have counted (east semis)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    2000 was your guys most difficult run. You needed that sharp shooter

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somehere that Detroit got bailed out at the end of game 6 on a Dumars basket rhat shouldn’t have counted (east semis)
    Yea, the C's would have went back to Gm 7 and won at home and then taken care of MJ's Bulls. David Stern was always doing Larry Bird dirty.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, the C's would have went back to Gm 7 and won at home and then taken care of MJ's Bulls. David Stern was always doing Larry Bird dirty.
    Especially since Bird publicly called him out for rigging during the 84 Finals

Celtics started the 90-91 season 29-5 and had the best record in the East

Then Larry Bird and McHale broke down and missed a lot of games; they came back for the playoffs but were not 100% healthy;

They also lost Parish to an injury during the Pistons series (he missed game 6)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1999 Finals, 2003 Finals, 2005 Finals, 2014 Finals, and anything with Robinson or Duncan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially since Bird publicly called him out for rigging during the 84 Finals

Celtics started the 90-91 season 29-5 and had the best record in the East

Then Larry Bird and McHale broke down and missed a lot of games; they came back for the playoffs but were not 100% healthy;

They also lost Parish to an injury during the Pistons series (he missed game 6)
    Yea, Reggie Lewis had come on. Shaw, Fox, Brown, Pickney, Kline, etc. Good supporting cast.

They were the favorites for sure. Really sucks that their health let them down. McHale should've been shut down for the 87 playoffs. KC wasn't a very good manager of personnel.
    And imagine if the Cavs had went with Bias and the C's were left with Daugherty too. The C's would've had Walton's replacement and their own version of twin towers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2000 was your guys most difficult run. You needed that sharp shooter
    The 96 Bulls are the blue print for shutting teams down. They featured 3 all NBA first team defenders in Pip, Worm, and MJ. As much as MJ could score, it was their defense that led to their offense that was the real key.

Most teams run their offenses thru their backcourt (and their best players are usually perimeter players; even more so in today's NBA ). The Bulls used their 3-headed monster to cut the head off the snake and choked teams out. That works today too.

That's how they got away with beating the Knicks, for example. No way Will Perdue could match up with Pat Ewing by himself Bulls didn't need 20/10 from 1 center. They got it collectively with multiple bigs - not to mention 18-24 fouls to wear Ewing down. Worked to perfection. Neva lost.

Now back to your point. I'd argue Eddie and Kobe (both really good versatile defenders in their own right) could have a similar effect that MJ and Pip had. Instead of Worm, subs ute him for a 7'1" 315lb monster, not to mention Fox and Horry. It would have been glorious.

Eddie and Kobe wreaking havoc on teams >> Glen Rice who couldn't defend a chair. They would have won more than 3 rangs. No doubt in my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 96 Bulls are the blue print for shutting teams down. They featured 3 all NBA first team defenders in Pip, Worm, and MJ. As much as MJ could score, it was their defense that led to their offense that was the real key.
    This and ty compe ion

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This and ty compe ion
    Truth bombs. Dominating part-time gourmet chefs. But the media say he the GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth bombs. Dominating part-time gourmet chefs. But the media say he the GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "KD wouldn't have been a star in the 80s-90s , he is too skinny"

Ok then explain how this guy could be a scorig champion :

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Holy crap that's some highway robbery. I did not know the great Jerry West ever got fleeced in trade.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Houston lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But nick van quick was a huge problem off court. Didn’t his son get incarcerated for murder or some crazy crap? Van quick was crying like crazy in the court hearings.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eaton was good though. He was especially a game changer on defense. Not so easy for Lou to get off his hook shots unchallenged.

Company men had to call a bunch of fake fouls on him to get him out of games against the Lakers in the playoffs. Shameless.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But nick van quick was a huge problem off court. Didn’t his son get incarcerated for murder or some crazy crap? Van quick was crying like crazy in the court hearings.
    Dunno. But everything he did offensively he took his own teammates out of rhythm; I mean Kobe couldn't even reach double digit scoring average with him. I know he was a rookie, but still. On top of that, he was a really ty defender. He was basically the Isiah Thomas forerunner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eaton was good though. He was especially a game changer on defense. Not so easy for Lou to get off his hook shots unchallenged.

Company men had to call a bunch of fake fouls on him to get him out of games against the Lakers in the playoffs. Shameless.
    Lakers company men rigging job in 88 :

- Vs Jazz
    - Vs Mavs
    - Vs Pistons

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers company men rigging job in 88 :

- Vs Jazz
    - Vs Mavs
    - Vs Pistons
    Yea, that was a really proud year for them. They really needed the publicity with all that back to back jazz Riley promised.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Kareem didn't want none of that.

Thread Information