Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not watched any basketball. The relief from the gotry of this NBA is refreshing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1984 Celtics over Lakers Game 4
    Bird gets double teams so does the nice assist pass to Dennis Johnson who buries it at the buzzer.

Would love to see the 84 and 86 Celts play the 2014 Spurs.

Real basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1984 Celtics over Lakers Game 4
    Bird gets double teams so does the nice assist pass to Dennis Johnson who buries it at the buzzer.

Would love to see the 84 and 86 Celts play the 2014 Spurs.

Real basketball.
    that's in 85

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ewing's only legit shot at a le with Jordan playing baseball. Was he underrated or overrated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah that's right.
    The first year of 2-3-2 as Stern arranged for his Lakers to have Game 5 at the Forum.
    Complete rip off.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

No fracture, no foul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No fracture, no foul
    Damn Lebron would have sent Laimbeer to the hospital if he dunked on him

Laimbeer and his trucker body

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ewing's only legit shot at a le with Jordan playing baseball. Was he underrated or overrated?

Back then Ewing was overrated but today he is underrated. No one outside New York or Georgetown still talks of him

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially since Bird publicly called him out for rigging during the 84 Finals

Celtics started the 90-91 season 29-5 and had the best record in the East

Then Larry Bird and McHale broke down and missed a lot of games; they came back for the playoffs but were not 100% healthy;

They also lost Parish to an injury during the Pistons series (he missed game 6)
    Sad to watch Bird by then with how destroyed his back was. Still can't believe how amazing a career he had after ing his back up in 1983.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to watch Bird by then with how destroyed his back was. Still can't believe how amazing a career he had after ing his back up in 1983.
    To think he was able to play with a bad back at a high level for a few seasons os really impressive

He also hurt his hand before his rookie season after punching someone in a bar and had to change his shooting form, he was a better shooter in college

Plus unlike other superstars he did all the dirty work Rodman style, diving for lose balls etc , you didn’t see Magic or Jordan do that

When tou think about it Bird wasn’t smart about managing his body
    But that’s how he played he was reckless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think he was able to play with a bad back at a high level for a few seasons os really impressive

He also hurt his hand before his rookie season after punching someone in a bar and had to change his shooting form, he was a better shooter in college

Plus unlike other superstars he did all the dirty work Rodman style, diving for lose balls etc , you didn’t see Magic or Jordan do that

When tou think about it Bird wasn’t smart about managing his body
    But that’s how he played he was reckless
    Didn't Red Auerbach tell him to quit diving for loose balls, that his body would never hold up in the NBA if he kept doing that ? And then Bird said that's the only way he knows how to play. Can't imagine the fit Auerbach must have had when he found out Bird destroyed his back putting in a driveway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Red Auerbach tell him to quit diving for loose balls, that his body would never hold up in the NBA if he kept doing that ? And then Bird said that's the only way he knows how to play. Can't imagine the fit Auerbach must have had when he found out Bird destroyed his back putting in a driveway.
    Oh he must have been pissed that’s for sure
    People can talk all day about load management but if yesterday’s players did that they would have extended their careers

82 games is too long and pointless
    Plus yesterday’s weather players didn’t have best of 7 series in the 1st round

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a credit to him but why I think he is a bit overrated by some. His MVP years can go toe to toe with anyone Sans maybe Jordan or Bron... But that elite level didn't last very long (compared to those two) . Career-wise I give it to magic Duncan heck even Kobe, because they maintained their elite level longer and won more... But at his best, Bird was better. Those acting as Bird had a top 5 Mt Rushmore career are crazy. But he is the second best SF ever... And he scared me more than any opposing player besides MJ

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW saw a game when young Steph scored twenty five straight or some crazy numbers vs Spurs... But they choked and Spurs came back and won...
    Now I know why yall hate on that man... he was yelling screaming prancing like a "maggot" when their were up big and I don't think yall ever forgave him...
    BTW I love nba epic comebacks like Lakers vs blazers in 2000...or State vs Spurs in Kawhi Zaza game... looks sweet... Until it ain't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird had short prime because of all his injuries

But in his prime he's the GOAT, he scared the of every player he faced and that includes Magic and Demar DeJordan

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    'Bird is nothing special. If he were black he is just one of many'.

Who believes Thomas was actually being sarcastic?

Was glad he got left off the dream team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman was the idiot who said that

Thomas had to back him up because it was the Pistons culture back then “if you’re not with us you are against us”
    Yes it was a dumb mentality but that’s how they were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW I love nba epic comebacks like Lakers vs blazers in 2000...or State vs Spurs in Kawhi Zaza game... looks sweet... Until it ain't...
    Seem to be forgetting one big one...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seem to be forgetting one big one...
    There are plenty of good comebacks in nba history but those were the ones I watched recently, smart guy... You know as in the le of the thread... I never watch the ones over where Lakers choked I'm no masochist.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thomas was generally a prick. So not sure if that's all it was.

Rodman was the idiot who said that

Thomas had to back him up because it was the Pistons culture back then “if you’re not with us you are against us”
    Yes it was a dumb mentality but that’s how they were

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I like Isiah the player... but the "what, who me?!" act is bull . He has done shady as player coach and GM. Don't get me wrong Magic has some of the same flaws... And I hate his I just did it cuz I loved Dr. Buss, BS too... It's why I don't dwell on the personals... A lot of these guys aren't great people just great talents.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    When Bob Knight praised Jordan, that must have irked Isiah. Long forgotten now but Isiah was born in Chicago and before Jordan/the Bulls, he was adored by the city of Chicago. This is illustrated in the do entary "Hoop Dreams".

The Pistons were attempting their own 3-peat when the 1991 ECF rolled around. Taking into consideration the Dream Team angle, Jordan basically stole Isiah's life.

Everything considered, I think Thomas handles it well today. I remember Isiah was a main anchor for NBC during the 1998 season so called some of Jordan's greatest games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Bob Knight praised Jordan, that must have irked Isiah. Long forgotten now but Isiah was born in Chicago and before Jordan/the Bulls, he was adored by the city of Chicago. This is illustrated in the do entary "Hoop Dreams".

The Pistons were attempting their own 3-peat when the 1991 ECF rolled around

Taking into consideration the Dream Team angle, Jordan basically stole Isiah's life. Everything considered, I think Thomas handles it well today. I remember Isiah was a main anchor for NBC during the 1998 season so called some of Jordan's greatest games.
    Yeah I also think Isiah has handled it well; Mike on the other hand, still can't let go; we see it in TLD or his HOF speech

But don't tell Isiah about Scottie's comments though :

Skip to 5:16

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yeah I also think Isiah has handled it well; Mike on the other hand, still can't let go; we see it in TLD or his HOF speech

But don't tell Isiah about Scottie's comments though :

Skip to 5:16

What do you want from the other players? Pistons were viewed by their peers as lesser product and they resorted to injury. Their banners remain and we celebrate their certain greatness but also acknowledge the entire picture. Pistons had memorable performances for example Thomas bum ankle at the Forum but overall people marvel at how such an offensively limited team were able to hold their own and prevail.

For example: Bulls gameplan was to run the Blazers off the court meanwhile the Pistons strategy was to get mentally into the Blazers (Duckworth) head
    Last edited by FrostKing; 04-29-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Thread Information