My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best team of 97, tbh.

Malone choked...otherwise maybe. They played a great brand of basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got on a Jabaar, Walton and UCLA kick recently. Nothing flashy, just domination via fundamentals.
    Rather like Duncan.
    Jabaar was the goat.
    The fact that people act like an argument can't be made for Kareem as the GOAT is ridiculous. He's the greatest offensive big in NBA history and no slouch on D. 6 les, 5 MVPs. He's also a great human being.

And yeah, much like Timmy, no flash and kept to himself, so he gets ignored historically by casual fans

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    based on accolades, tbqh on the surface it seems pretty unquestionable that kareem > mike

what hurts kareem in his argument is that most of his championships came well after his prime, several of which were when he was no longer the best player on the team

i think he still has a case, but thats the only reason id say its not undisputed

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is excellent.

I was going to say that there was not a single beta male on the court...but then towards the end you see #12 from Australia started acting like today's NBA players...running from guys half his size and calling the cops on them

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    players don't get into enough pointless stupid unnecessary fist fights anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is excellent.

I was going to say that there was not a single beta male on the court...but then towards the end you see #12 from Australia started acting like today's NBA players...running from guys half his size and calling the cops on them
    lol Jordan shat his pants when Glen Rice walked up to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    players don't get into enough pointless stupid unnecessary fist fights anymore
    Nba was so tuff back in the days

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the reasons rivalries aren't as common isn't bc players don't fight. it's bc 1) expansions, and 2) the way the schedule is set up

it's stupid when you have "divisions", yet winning them basically means nothing. additionally, you play teams in your division just as much as you play teams out of your division. before all the expansions, teams would play each other 6-7 times a year within the same division.

look at baseball. no question that the Yankees and redsox are going to hate each other's guts more when they play each other 15+ times in a year, compared to playing the Angels 5-6 times. plus winning the division is the only guarantee you have to make the playoffs since less teams get in.

if the NBA wants rivalries to come back, they need to reduce games outside of conferences, reduce games outside of your division, replace those reduced games with more games within divisions, and make winning your division have more value

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is excellent.

No way. #12 Knocked out a guy cold in the first place.

Thread Information