Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    “Cheating is okay because it wasn’t as bad”

Any time an offensive lineman holds, they’re cheating. Therefore, Texans and Patriots are equally cheaters, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheating good now. Did it give them an advantage?
    Probably negligible.

When the percentage of reaching second base is 19% league wide, whatever advantage you get is marginal.

How many times did the Red Sox get on second base? Percentage is probably less than half of a percent per game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably negligible.

When the percentage of reaching second base is 19% league wide, whatever advantage you get is marginal.

How many times did the Red Sox get on second base? Percentage is probably less than half of a percent per game.
    I dont know let's get midnightpulp in on this. Do the math, son.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Any time an offensive lineman holds, they’re cheating. Therefore, Texans and Patriots are equally cheaters, right?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    In terms of baseball, baseball writers and voters are hypocrites and so are the fans. It’s glorified in MLB, because if it wasn’t, you wouldn’t have cheaters in the HOF. Mickey Mantle used PEDs. Babe Ruth. Hank Aaron used “greenies”. Rogers Hornsby. Gaylord Perry. 1961 Tigers using a scout In the stands to send signs to the hitters. 1901 Phillies using electrical sound waves, or buzzers, to send signs to the hitters.
    If baseball was serious about cheating, they wouldn’t have a hall of fame.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    “In 1973, a Congressional subcommittee announced that its staff had completed an “in depth study into the use of illegal and dangerous drugs in sports” including professional baseball. The subcommittee concluded that “the degree of improper drug use – primarily amphetamines and anabolic steroids – can only be described as alarming.”

In 1973.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In terms of baseball, baseball writers and voters are hypocrites and so are the fans. It’s glorified in MLB, because if it wasn’t, you wouldn’t have cheaters in the HOF. Mickey Mantle used PEDs. Babe Ruth. Hank Aaron used “greenies”. Rogers Hornsby. Gaylord Perry. 1961 Tigers using a scout In the stands to send signs to the hitters. 1901 Phillies using electrical sound waves, or buzzers, to send signs to the hitters.
    If baseball was serious about cheating, they wouldn’t have a hall of fame.
    Non-sequitur. Either there’s levels of cheating or there aren’t.

Texans being just as big of cheaters as Patriots confirmed.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    But the format is strikingly similar to a system that Cleveland ran in 1959 and 1960. It was eventually described by Chuck Tanner, who had been an outfielder with the team at the time, and was the manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates when he told Pittsburgh Press about it in 1979:
    “‘A guy sat in centerfield and looked through a telescope,’ Tanner said. ‘He had a buzzer that would ring once for fastball, twice for a curve, and three times for a pitchout.’ The buzzer sounded in a restroom adjacent to the Indian dugout. The messenger inside would bang the message on the door, a coach in the dugout would relay it to the hitter. The system worked until the Indians made a trade. They were afraid the traded player would turn them in.”

Yet I was told the Astros were the first to devise a system like this

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 04-26-2020 at 01:55 PM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    1976 Yankees
    Manfred found in his research that this incident stood as the most recent penalty related to sign-stealing—though not directly.
    Yankees scout Clyde King served as the team’s “eye in the sky” to position defenders during the postseason. King communicated with coach Gene Michael in the dugout via walkie-talkies. Manager Billy Martin claimed the commissioner’s office approved the system, but the Reds protested during World Series Game 1 when King and two other New York scouts, Tebbetts and Karl Kuehl, set up their operation in a CBS radio booth equipped with a TV monitor—not in the stands.
    The Reds publicity director, Jim Ferguson, told them the commissioner wanted them to stop for fear they were stealing the signals of catcher Johnny Bench off the monitor and relaying them to the dugout. He ejected them from the booth.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I’m biased of course. this article is an accurate portrayal of Confirmed incidents, with walker talkies, buzzers, cameras and tv monitors. Baseball has always been dirty. An example,

Rogers Hornsby, the amazing Second Baseman of the St Louis Cardinals who batted over .400 three times in his career said “I’ve been in pro baseball since 1914 and I’ve cheated, or watched someone on my team cheat, in practically every game. You’ve got to cheat.”

Hank Greenberg, one of the premier power hitters of his day discussed how the stealing of signs helped him. “I loved that. I was the greatest hitter in the world when I knew what kind of pitch was coming up.”

Mind you, admitted to cheating. And are HOFs. Baseball is the dirtiest game on the planet. Like I said, MLB has done very little in the past to curbtail cheating, especially illegal sign stealing. Read the article. And If steroids were more widely accepted as being the lesser of two evils, there wouldn’t be 80 game bans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....astros-red-sox

Thread Information