Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, most of these people had it coming. Karma and/or natural selection. Take your pick.
    So far yes.

But if the health care system gets overwhelmed, and people start dying from a lack of care that would be bad, yes? Assume that those that died from a lack of care could have been saved with intervention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm. Agree or disagree?

The goal should be to limit deaths to those which cannot be avoided. Yes? No?
    But that's not a goal. That's a value statement. A goal needs to be quantifiable to know you've reached it. How do you ever know you've reached the goal of limiting deaths?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're cool with abortion, you should be cool with these deaths.

Innocent lives having no choice in the matter, amirite?

People should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies, amirite?

People know the consequences of ing without basic contraception that is easily accessible and affordable, people should know the consequences of going outside. You can easily get shot, run over or struck by lighting just stepping outside. Actually, I bet the chances are higher of those things happening than catching Rona and dying from it. (One of you gerbils will go look that up, 1:1 odds)

LOL, they need more studies on the science of convenience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far yes.

But if the health care system gets overwhelmed, and people start dying from a lack of care that would be bad, yes? Assume that those that died from a lack of care could have been saved with intervention.
    He's being sarcastic.

Interesting you agree they had it coming.

Wow.

Nice to know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far yes.

I could be (and probably will be via some random, googled article) wrong, but I haven't read of ANY ERs or facilities outside of the Eastern seaboard (over populated, small geographic area in the oldest part of the country and is very, very filthy with plenty of dirty poor people) having manpower issues or being overwhelmed.

But, to be fair, I haven't seen any articles or news about GA or FL opening up two weeks ago and any high es in cases that could be related to those reopenings.

That said, doesn't mean neither is happening. Christian genocide is the most disturbing thing, and largest genocide in modern history, but it isn't reported here either. JS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's being sarcastic.

Wow.

Nice to know.

Shut up pudgy digits. I'm in charge of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up pudgy digits. I'm in charge of us.
    You want a pic of me/us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a disease A is 12 times more deadly than disease B, are they "just alike"? Simple yes or no question.
    Misleading trap.

Which diseases are you referring to and show the statistics to back up your claim without the kindergarten antics. Use your words.
    Not trying to be misleading at all. Merely succinct. Sorry if you don't understand it. I will try to clarify there then.

Two fictional diseases, totally made up. The only thing I am trying to get here is simply agreement on a principle.

If a disease A is 12 times more deadly than disease B, are they "just alike"? Simple yes or no question.
    There's no reason to ask a hypothetical other than to lay a trap so when you reveal "ah hah! COVID will be 12x more deadly in 12 months!" (which is a falseshood since they both appear to have seasons).
    Here is my stated reason:
    I want to have a mutually agreed on principle to work with. No more, no less. One step at a time. Good conversations and meeting of the minds always flow from things that are mutually understood and agreed on.

If one disease is many times more deadly than another are they "just alike"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to have a mutually agreed on principle to work with. No more, no less. One step at a time. Good conversations and meeting of the minds always flow from things that are mutually understood and agreed on.

Mutually agreed upon doesn't make it correct. How about you just stat facts as fact and opinion as opinion. I think most here can recognize facts and at least use Google as well as you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want a pic of me/us?
    Nah. I know we're under 200 lbs.

As an aside, the funny thing about this is that I was offered hand-modeling gigs twice. No joke. Also, had many a broad tell me my hands were incredible. Second best part of my anatomy they said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally zero. *If* they can be avoided. Some people will die no matter what, so that is not entirely possible here.

If the health care system gets overwhelmed, people will die from lack of treatment that would not have died otherwise.

The goal should be to limit deaths to those which cannot be avoided. Agree? Disagree?

When you say "limit deaths", anything other than every human on earth meets that requirement. Quantify it.
    Hmm. Agree or disagree?

But that's not a goal. That's a value statement. A goal needs to be quantifiable to know you've reached it. How do you ever know you've reached the goal of limiting deaths?

goal =noun
    n
    \ ˈgōl , chiefly Northern US especially in senses 3b and 2a also ˈgül \
    Definition of goal
    1: the end toward which effort is directed

Limiting deaths to those which cannot be avoided is "an end towards which effort is directed".

It is, therefore, a goal. It is possible to work towards goals that you will never reach.

So, once again, an agreement of principle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Misleading trap.

Which diseases are you referring to and show the statistics to back up your claim without the kindergarten antics. Use your words.
    Not trying to be misleading at all. Merely succinct. Sorry if you don't understand it. I will try to clarify there then.

Two fictional diseases, totally made up. The only thing I am trying to get here is simply agreement on a principle.

There's no reason to ask a hypothetical other than to lay a trap so when you reveal "ah hah! COVID will be 12x more deadly in 12 months!" (which is a falseshood since they both appear to have seasons).

Mutually agreed upon doesn't make it correct. How about you just stat facts as fact and opinion as opinion. I think most here can recognize facts and at least use Google as well as you.
    Not really an answer to the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I know we're under 200 lbs.

As an aside, the funny thing about this is that I was offered hand-modeling gigs twice. No joke. Also, had many a broad tell me my hands were incredible. Second best part of my anatomy they said.
    I broke a chick's hymen with my middle finger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In what way?

You're the Leo Getz of the forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's being sarcastic.

Wow.

Nice to know.
    No. I merely took it as generally agreeing with the statement "unavoidable".

I can roll with some ambiguity as long as there is some general agreement. I would take issue with "had it coming" as being a bit callous and overly judgmental. I would though, rather keep on track. One thing at a time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Misleading trap.

In what way?

You're the Leo Getz of the forum.
    In every way.

If one disease is many times more deadly than another are they "just alike"? Yes or no.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have to narrow it down to single aspects in which they are "just alike," they probably aren't "just alike" overall.

But everyone knows this. Half the posts here are pulling the teeth of the omnipotents because to them agreement is defeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have to narrow it down to single aspects in which they are "just alike," they probably aren't "just alike" overall.
    Pretty much.

The easy answer is

"No, if one disease is much more deadly than another, they are NOT "just alike" ".

Seems pretty common sense.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

The easy answer is

"No, if one disease is much more deadly than another, they are NOT "just alike" ".

Seems pretty common sense.
    DMC thinks agreeing with that his personal defeat. He'll need to change the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In every way.

If one disease is many times more deadly than another are they "just alike"? Yes or no.
    You want to nail something down on generalities? Try harder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm. Agree or disagree?

Bwahahahaha look at you going on and on.

Riddle me this riddle me that.

Lol. The people at risk for death of covid are the same at risk for death of the flu. Thats the fact. Same demographic

Only your ignorance of the discrepancy between what a model does and what science is keeps you from stepping away from they keyboard.

Continue to twist your previous stance into something to rectify your over reaction.

You were closer with your argument about eviction processes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC thinks agreeing with that his personal defeat. He'll need to change the subject.
    I noticed you abandoned the thread until the smoke cleared after you and Getz here said completely opposite things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a disease A is 12 times more deadly than disease B, are they "just alike"?
    So when I said if you do not have a preexisting conditiom or are not over 70 you have a .001 chance of death, I was correct. Thanks.
    That is not an answer to my question.

If a disease A is 12 times more deadly than disease B, are they "just alike"?
    Nope the flu for not at risk is similar for covid not at risk. And thats the facts.

Bwahahahaha look at you going on and on.

Riddle me this riddle me that.

Lol. The people at risk for death of covid are the same at risk for death of the flu. Thats the fact. Same demographic

Only your ignorance of the discrepancy between what a model does and what science is keeps you from stepping away from they keyboard.

Continue to twist your previous stance into something to rectify your over reaction.

You were closer with your argument about eviction processes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not until you admit what I said is a fact. The demographics of dying from covid is more like the flu, than the cdc and ChumpDumpers claim that it is more like the kansas flu.. then we can play your riddle games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to nail something down on generalities? Try harder.

Chicken . I accept your surrender.

Thread Information