Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You're defending it right now.
    Saying we won't know if they made the right choice until it's over is defending them? You're better than this.

I live in the state that has been sheltering in place longer than anyone, have you seen me demanding it to be lifted every day? Have you seen me demanding all businesses be reopened every day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe the numbers out of China?

Statistical anomalies are called that for a reason.
    Most people, myself included, express doubt about the Chinese figures. It's not an open society.

Do you believe or disbelieve reporting from South Korea?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying we won't know if they made the right choice until it's over is defending them? You're better than this.

I live in the state that has been sheltering in place longer than anyone, have you seen me demanding it to be lifted every day? Have you seen me demanding all businesses be reopened every day?
    There is no way to know if Trump opening the nation up without testing and contact tracing is stupid?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There is no way to know if Trump opening the nation up without testing and contact tracing is stupid?
    Trump isn't opening the nation up, and I see you've completely abandoned defending your original claims about me.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump is forcing states to open?
    He’s siccing his braindead mob against any governors who dare question him.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump isn't opening the nation up
    Thanks for reminding us he's refusing to lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump isn't opening the nation up, and I see you've completely abandoned defending your original claims about me.
    What did I abandon? You're constantly defending Trump here. Either he is ing up or he isn't. And he absolutely is opening the nation up, at least the red state nation, since he is the GOP and his governors fall in line with what he says. Which is why we have gyms getting ready to open in Texas, since they lobbied Trump and he ok'ed it despite it being the stupidest idea imaginable to have people breathing hard in a confined space sharing exercise equipment in the middle of a pandemic. Or more accurately, in the early stages of a pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people, myself included, express doubt about the Chinese figures. It's not an open society.

Do you believe or disbelieve reporting from South Korea?
    As I said, reporting schemes vary from authority to authority. I don't believe something like COVID-19 can be simply stopped cold in its tracks short of a nuclear blast. I gave China as an example and you said I dismissed data with hand waving. All reporting has errors. Are you telling me that no South Koreans have come home infected, and that only 10K or so were actually infected? Have you ever been to South Korea?

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...095112009.html

Decent video on the stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, reporting schemes vary from authority to authority. I don't believe something like COVID-19 can be simply stopped cold in its tracks short of a nuclear blast. I gave China as an example and you said I dismissed data with hand waving. All reporting has errors. Are you telling me that no South Koreans have come home infected, and that only 10K or so were actually infected? Have you ever been to South Korea?

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...095112009.html

Decent video on the stats.
    So South Korea is disappearing all the bodies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuclear epidemiologist DMC doesn't believe in a thing. South Korea has new cases every day. He's lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is China doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuclear epidemiologist DMC doesn't believe in a thing. South Korea has new cases every day. He's lying.
    8 new cases yesterday in a country of 50 million people. Figures don't lie but liars figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is China doing?
    DMC doing another backflip.

Dishonest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 new cases yesterday in a country of 50 million people. Figures don't lie but liars figure.
    It's impossible because you say it's impossible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strawmanning it up. No one claimed there are no new cases or that reporting is perfect.

If there's reason to think South Korea is getting the death count wrong by a factor of 50 (to roughly equal ours on a per capita basis) I'd like to see it.

Underestimating caseloads seems to be the norm, but that cuts both ways: if SK has undercounted cases by a factor of ten, that underscores the quality of the care and the response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is China doing?
    So you're saying South Korea is hiding say 7700 COVID-19 deaths?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What did I abandon? You're constantly defending Trump here. Either he is ing up or he isn't. And he absolutely is opening the nation up, at least the red state nation, since he is the GOP and his governors fall in line with what he says. Which is why we have gyms getting ready to open in Texas, since they lobbied Trump and he ok'ed it despite it being the stupidest idea imaginable to have people breathing hard in a confined space sharing exercise equipment in the middle of a pandemic. Or more accurately, in the early stages of a pandemic.
    You claimed I was defending the Swedish approach. I’ve already said how I’d like to see the country reopened and it’s nothing like the Swedish approach. You were full of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying South Korea is hiding say 7700 COVID-19 deaths?
    SK doesn't have the population China has. China is hiding much more by changing how they count the deaths and the cases.

Texas is approximately 678,052 sq km, while South Korea is approximately 99,720 sq km, making South Korea 14.71% the size of Texas. Meanwhile, the population of Texas is ~25.1 million people (26.0 million more people live in South Korea).

Population density is much higher in SK.

Texas has almost 600 deaths while SK has less than half that many.

If the stats seem su ious I don't trust them.

These stats seem su ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SK doesn't have the population China has. China is hiding much more by changing how they count the deaths and the cases.

Texas is approximately 678,052 sq km, while South Korea is approximately 99,720 sq km, making South Korea 14.71% the size of Texas. Meanwhile, the population of Texas is ~25.1 million people (26.0 million more people live in South Korea).

Has South Korea done anything differently from Texas in response to the coronavirus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has South Korea done anything differently from Texas in response to the coronavirus?
    With 50 million people and the fact that many if not most people who have the virus are asymptomatic?

I guess grits cook faster on their stove than any other stove in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You claimed I was defending the Swedish approach. I’ve already said how I’d like to see the country reopened and it’s nothing like the Swedish approach. You were full of .
    Is Trump ing up or is he not ing up opening restaurant dining rooms, gyms, movie theaters, etc? While saying he doesn't need testing to repoen the nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With 50 million people and the fact that many if not most people who have the virus are asymptomatic?

You keep trying to dodge questions by asking more questions.

You're being dishonest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So they're hiding say 7700 deaths since they had their first confirmed case when we did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be fun watching you get proven wrong when Finland and Norway get RAVAGED by the second wave in the fall while Sweden is immune to the Chinese virus.
    Sweden will not have immunity by then. They will shut down and do what everybody else has done. It just took them far more deaths to get there. That is the only difference.

By the fall, their numbers will be a lot closer to their peers.

Going to be fun watching you try to find an explanation as to why your wishcasting will magically change the known behavior of an epidemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No-Take McGurk dodges a question with another question and then goes for the derision deflection. You never fail to disappoint.

Thread Information