Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The quality of South Korean healthcare has been ranked as being among the world's best. It had the OECD's highest colorectal cancer survival rate at 72.8%, significantly ahead of Denmark's 55.5% or the UK's 54.5%. It ranked second in cervical cancer survival rate at 76.8%, significantly ahead of Germany's 64.5% or the U.S. at 62.2%.[4] Hemorrhagic stroke 30 day in-hospital mortality per 100 hospital discharges was the OECD's third lowest at 13.7 deaths, which was almost twice as low as the U.S. at 22.3 or France's 24 deaths. For Ischemic stroke, it ranked second at 3.4 deaths, which was almost a third of Australia's 9.4 or Canada's 9.7 deaths. South Korean hospitals ranked 4th for MRI units per capita and 6th for CT scanners per capita in the OECD. It also had the OECD's second largest number of hospital beds per 1000 people at 9.56 beds, which was over triple that of Sweden's 2.71, Canada's 2.75, the UK's 2.95, or the U.S. at 3.05 beds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_South_Korea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yah, it's probably a coverup

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What of China's strong and fast mitigation efforts?

If you cannot question the stats unless they come from your own government, why even bring up South Korea? Obviously it's a touchy subject you're not willing to consider.
    South Korea lied because you think they did. Airtight there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're trying to answer my question with three questions.

How are you saying ROK is hiding all the thousands of new cases and hundreds of dead bodies?
    I don't need to show the route of deception to not believe the stats.

I didn't need to know how China was lying to not trust their sudden flat line either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Korea lied because you think they did. Airtight there.
    I said I don't believe them. Obviously you do. I don't need to prove anything, the stats are su ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said I don't believe them. Obviously you do. I don't need to prove anything, the stats are su ious.
    The stats are su ious because they're doing way better than America who spent two months calling it a Democratic hoax and ignoring it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The quality of South Korean healthcare has been ranked as being among the world's best. It had the OECD's highest colorectal cancer survival rate at 72.8%, significantly ahead of Denmark's 55.5% or the UK's 54.5%. It ranked second in cervical cancer survival rate at 76.8%, significantly ahead of Germany's 64.5% or the U.S. at 62.2%.[4] Hemorrhagic stroke 30 day in-hospital mortality per 100 hospital discharges was the OECD's third lowest at 13.7 deaths, which was almost twice as low as the U.S. at 22.3 or France's 24 deaths. For Ischemic stroke, it ranked second at 3.4 deaths, which was almost a third of Australia's 9.4 or Canada's 9.7 deaths. South Korean hospitals ranked 4th for MRI units per capita and 6th for CT scanners per capita in the OECD. It also had the OECD's second largest number of hospital beds per 1000 people at 9.56 beds, which was over triple that of Sweden's 2.71, Canada's 2.75, the UK's 2.95, or the U.S. at 3.05 beds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_South_Korea
    Look at Russia's 0.9% mortality rate while SK is at 2.2% Obviously Russia is knocking it out of the park. Singapore has 10K cases but only 12 fatalities.

Obviously the virus is xenophobic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stats are su ious because they're doing way better than America who spent two months calling it a Democratic hoax and ignoring it?
    For a country that has 17K flu deaths a year, they sure got a fast handle on this one. Shouldn't have to worry about South Korea now.

You're reaching with the hyperbole btw. You should be able to mount a better case than that. Did New York consider it a hoax and are they run by the GOP? Weren't they all out rubbing elbows and smoking cigars and being told to go out and have fun? Who told them that, was it the GOP?

I don't recall.

How many dead in NY btw? Not many, it's a dem run state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a country that has 17K flu deaths a year, they sure got a fast handle on this one. Shouldn't have to worry about South Korea now.

You're reaching with the hyperbole btw. You should be able to mount a better case than that. Did New York consider it a hoax and are they run by the GOP? Weren't they all out rubbing elbows and smoking cigars and being told to go out and have fun? Who told them that, was it the GOP?

I don't recall.

How many dead in NY btw? Not many, it's a dem run state.
    Get the out of here talking about mounting cases when your case is "nuh uh" without any supporting evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's quite the smokescreen from DMC.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to show the route of deception to not believe the stats.

I didn't need to know how China was lying to not trust their sudden flat line either.
    I would never claim you know anything.

How do you think they're doing it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at Russia's 0.9% mortality rate while SK is at 2.2% Obviously Russia is knocking it out of the park. Singapore has 10K cases but only 12 fatalities.

Obviously the virus is xenophobic.
    So you're comparing Putin-led Russia and Jinping-led China to democratic South Korea (lol NK gag order) as a basis for saying SK's numbers or wrong?

I'd think the prior experience with SARs, having the best healthcare systems in the world, and having systems in place for dealing with the pandemic are responsible for Singapore and SK's low numbers. But yeah, compare SK to authoritarian government's that rely on misinformation to govern for a baseline. That's sound analysis right there .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much in 99% of the World, liberals and conservatives agree on the strict measures to fight COVID. US conservatives need to chill the out, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much in 99% of the World, liberals and conservatives agree on the strict measures to fight COVID. US conservatives need to chill the out, tbh.
    US conservatives have gone off the fascist deep end ever since the scary negro got elected. Our conservatives have more in common with Middle East conservatives than conservatives of other western nations.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump isn't opening the nation up, and I see you've completely abandoned defending your original claims about me.
    See this is what you get from a lying orange fck sending mixed signals.
    Applauding even cheering armed groups giving their States about opening up.
    Leading by creating divisiveness does not work in these situations.
    I will give him credit for smattering truth amongst the lies but that’s not helpful now.

He really needs to sit the fck down and let a press secretary take this on. But he can’t stand expertise in his world that he think makes him look bad. It’s too late, he has and continues to look like a fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See this is what you get from a lying orange fck sending mixed signals.
    Applauding even cheering armed groups giving their States about opening up.
    Leading by creating divisiveness does not work in these situations.
    I will give him credit for smattering truth amongst the lies but that’s not helpful now.

He really needs to sit the fck down and let a press secretary take this on. But he can’t stand expertise in his world that he think makes him look bad. It’s too late, he has and continues to look like a fool.
    Trump's Phase 1 is opening pretty much everything but schools and bars, and there seems to be no mechanism for rolling it back when caseloads increase. I still can't ing believes gyms are going to be opened thanks to Trump. Bad enough restaurant dining rooms and movie theaters, but ing gyms?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's Phase 1 is opening pretty much everything but sports stadiums, schools, and bars, and there seems to be no mechanism for rolling it back when caseloads increase. I still can't ing believes gyms are going to be opened thanks to Trump.
    Trump backed down from his "absolute authority" over the states at the very first opportunity. All it took was one southern bumpkin that wanted to kick low wage workers off unemployment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DMC thinks South Korea and many other countries are underreporting, then it stands to reason the US is underreporting, as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will tell if Sweden made a good or bad choice. Took balls to go their route tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will tell if Sweden made a good or bad choice. Took balls to go their route tho.
    More balls than brains it appears right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More balls than brains it appears right now.
    Faster herd immunity and less economic destruction. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can see the movement data and Sweden's movement isn't drastically different from countries with stay-at-home orders. They're basically locking down even if they're ordered to. But they're moving just a little bit more than countries with those orders, and that little bit more movement is translating into a much higher death rate. So they're not interacting enough to achieve herd immunity and not reducing movement enough to reduce the death toll. When you're dealing with potential exponential spread, every single person staying home matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More magical thinking sounds like.

Are.you sure that's how herd immunity works? England is eating on that hypothesis too.

Lay it out for us, Profe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful big gamble you're taking with people's lives. Many survivors will end up disabled. That'll be another drag on the economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many deaths would be worth it to you?

What are your metrics?

Thread Information