Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And one of the reasons I'm coming so hard at all the arguments to reopen the economy based on examples like Sweden, "cure is worse than the disease" logic, and such is because I find it morally reprehensible to force people back to work during a goddamn pandemic so that they can pay their bills and put food on the table when people like Jeff Bezos are making 40 billion in a month off of the pandemic and when Americans are collectively sitting on over a hundred trillion in assets.

I want these structural issues addressed that has resulted in our country not being able to care of our own during a time when they should be taken care of and not used as sacrificial lambs for the economy. And yes, there's enough out there to take care of those Americans who need it the most. This is also why essential workers are the biggest American heroes since World War II. Maybe in our total history. They, unfortunately, do have to work, just to keep society going. But an out-of-work bartender or hair stylist shouldn't be forced back into it to pay their bills.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you have to do is start comparing Sweden to its neighbors. Higher and faster infection rate, with the inexorable higher death toll per capita.

Entirely predictable.

Looks like the jury has come back for even brainwashed morons like TSA
    Making a comparison now is pretty pointless as we'll only see if Sweden's strategy worked if a second wave hits it's neighbors and Sweden avoids it.
    No, not really. You have no ing clue how long, or even if there will be such a thing as herd immunity from everybody getting the disease.

Meanwhile the entirely predictable result of the policy you think is the way to go:

Sweden has Europe's highest number of coronavirus deaths per capita over last 7 days
    https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-europe...162800845.html

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And one of the reasons I'm coming so hard at all the arguments to reopen the economy based on examples like Sweden, "cure is worse than the disease" logic, and such is because I find it morally reprehensible to force people back to work during a goddamn pandemic so that they can pay their bills and put food on the table when people like Jeff Bezos are making 40 billion in a month off of the pandemic and when Americans are collectively sitting on over a hundred trillion in assets.

I want these structural issues addressed that has resulted in our country not being able to care of our own during a time when they should be taken care of and not used as sacrificial lambs for the economy. And yes, there's enough out there to take care of those Americans who need it the most. This is also why essential workers are the biggest American heroes since World War II. Maybe in our total history. They, unfortunately, do have to work, just to keep society going. But an out-of-work bartender or hair stylist shouldn't be forced back into it to pay their bills.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No, not really. You have no ing clue how long, or even if there will be such a thing as herd immunity from everybody getting the disease.

Meanwhile the entirely predictable result of the policy you think is the way to go:

Sweden has Europe's highest number of coronavirus deaths per capita over last 7 days
    I'm so in your head and have you so butthurt you have to resort to making up lies about my positions now Find one single post where I said I think Sweden's policy is the way to go you pathetic liar.

"Over the course of the pandemic Sweden still has fewer deaths per capita than the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium and France, which have all opted for lockdowns, but much higher than Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Sweden’s strategy, mostly based on voluntary measures regarding social distancing and basic hygiene, has been criticised by some as a dangerous experiment with peoples lives but also been put forward as a future model by the WHO.

Sweden’s open strategy seems to have softened the blow on the economy, with growth shrinking much less than in Denmark and Norway in the first quarter."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KBN22V26A?il=0

Was it entirely predictable that Sweden's policy would result in fewer deaths per capita than it's fellow European countries who locked down like the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sweden, where COVID-19 deaths are declining overall

That said, Sweden has fewer deaths per capita during the full length of the pandemic than its fellow European countries like the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France, which ins uted stricter lockdowns

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If herd immunity is not possible then there is no hope for a vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so in your head and have you so butthurt you have to resort to making up lies about my positions now Find one single post where I said I think Sweden's policy is the way to go you pathetic liar.

"Over the course of the pandemic Sweden still has fewer deaths per capita than the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium and France, which have all opted for lockdowns, but much higher than Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Sweden’s strategy, mostly based on voluntary measures regarding social distancing and basic hygiene, has been criticised by some as a dangerous experiment with peoples lives but also been put forward as a future model by the WHO.

Sweden’s open strategy seems to have softened the blow on the economy, with growth shrinking much less than in Denmark and Norway in the first quarter."

Was it entirely predictable that Sweden's policy would result in fewer deaths per capita than it's fellow European countries who locked down like the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?
    It's been well established that RandomGuy is not an honest broker. I don't know why you go back and forth with him. He doesn't have anything to offer you can't find on the same liberal website he's grabbing articles from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I want these structural issues addressed" they won't

"as sacrificial lambs for the economy." that's the sadistic, predatory inhumanity of Capitalism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe the numbers out of China?

Statistical anomalies are called that for a reason.
    the numbers out of the US, as a whole, aren't anomalous

could there be state by state, county by county discrepancies? i'm sure there are. but what level of precision in the data are you demanding before agreeing to shape policy after them? as a country, we have just over 94k deaths right now, over 1.5 million confirmed cases. even if those numbers were off by a quarter (and all in one direction), we'd still be looking at a situation with over a million cases and over 70k deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweden going like a champ to steady 1,000 case a day and 100 dead a day

but but sweden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(shrugs)

If you don't think it is the way to go, then I was mistaken. Sorry.

As for comparisons, why are choosing to ask questions about non-scandinavian countries?

Would that not make for a better comparison?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been well established that RandomGuy is not an honest broker. I don't know why you go back and forth with him. He doesn't have anything to offer you can't find on the same liberal website he's grabbing articles from.
    From someone who lies about what other people believe on a consistent basis.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    (shrugs)

If you don't think it is the way to go, then I was mistaken. Sorry.

As for comparisons, why are choosing to ask questions about non-scandinavian countries?

Would that not make for a better comparison?
    You ran in here to talk because of some butthurt I've caused you and you thought you had a gotcha on me.

I'm asking questions about those countries because they were brought up in the article you linked. Why aren't you constantly harping on the policy decisions of the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ran in here to talk because of some butthurt I've caused you and you thought you had a gotcha on me.

I'm asking questions about those countries because they were brought up in the article you linked. Why aren't you constantly harping on the policy decisions of the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?
    Why would they do that? This way they can blame one person for all of their problems instead of using logic

Once the virus was out, it was out. International travel makes this type of problem almost uncontrollable. Pros and cons of progress.

Back to sweeden. These people also don't take into account shutdown ruining lives, satisfaction of life both for at risk and not at risk, nor physical or mental health. Every death is a win to them. Its sad.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they do that? This way they can blame one person for all of their problems instead of using logic
    Logically speaking, why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Logically speaking, why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?
    Who knows. Not you. You just tried to explain that the spanish flu came from kansas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not a logical answer. I'll let you try again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not a logical answer. I'll let you try again.

They aren't attributing death as a probable and using science?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why were all the models wrong and over exaggerated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They aren't attributing death as a probable and using science?
    Answering a question with another question is not logical.

I'll give you another chance to answer logically since you're bragging about your logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the numbers out of the US, as a whole, aren't anomalous

could there be state by state, county by county discrepancies? i'm sure there are. but what level of precision in the data are you demanding before agreeing to shape policy after them? as a country, we have just over 94k deaths right now, over 1.5 million confirmed cases. even if those numbers were off by a quarter (and all in one direction), we'd still be looking at a situation with over a million cases and over 70k deaths.
    Do you believe the numbers out of China? Do you really need all that yapping to answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From someone who lies about what other people believe on a consistent basis.
    You'll know them by their fruits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Answering a question with another question is not logical.

I'll give you another chance to answer logically since you're bragging about your logic.

Your question has nothing to do with logic. idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your question has nothing to do with logic. idiot
    Sure it does.

But whatever, I'll just ask you the question straight up.

Why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?

Please refrain from your usual conspiracy theories.

Thread Information