Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And one of the reasons I'm coming so hard at all the arguments to reopen the economy based on examples like Sweden, "cure is worse than the disease" logic, and such is because I find it morally reprehensible to force people back to work during a goddamn pandemic so that they can pay their bills and put food on the table when people like Jeff Bezos are making 40 billion in a month off of the pandemic and when Americans are collectively sitting on over a hundred trillion in assets.

I want these structural issues addressed that has resulted in our country not being able to care of our own during a time when they should be taken care of and not used as sacrificial lambs for the economy. And yes, there's enough out there to take care of those Americans who need it the most. This is also why essential workers are the biggest American heroes since World War II. Maybe in our total history. They, unfortunately, do have to work, just to keep society going. But an out-of-work bartender or hair stylist shouldn't be forced back into it to pay their bills.
    and this folks is the herd mentality!

btw, those you listed as "forced back into it" are not being forced at all and contrary to your belief they, like me, have been itching to get back to work!

stay home got!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe the numbers out of China? Do you really need all that yapping to answer?
    their numbers dont appear reliable, because compared to the rest of the world, appear to be anomalous, and there were all sorts of do ented concerns about their transparency through this entire process.

i dont think we need to gauge the reliability of China's numbers to determine what our policy should be here. it's just a red herring for the purpose of this discussion

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their numbers dont appear reliable, because compared to the rest of the world, appear to be anomalous, and there were all sorts of do ented concerns about their transparency through this entire process.

i dont think we need to gauge the reliability of China's numbers to determine what our policy should be here. it's just a red herring for the purpose of this discussion
    It's the F1 level of his whataboutorando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your strawman aside, so you don't believe the numbers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's saying, "well yeah china lied but forget about their lies for a moment because ORANGE MAN BAD!"

SR is a ing loser with a loser mentality who loves commies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's saying, "well yeah china lied but forget about their lies for a moment because ORANGE MAN BAD!"

No he's playing lawyer, not saying anything about his belief but instead shifting the focus to a strawman about using China as a model. No one suggested doing so.

If you think something is suspect, you lack a belief in the veracity of the claim, and even moreso you have at least some disbelief of it. Admit it or not, that's how it goes.

I have no problem saying I don't believe China's numbers. I think China is lying. I think they stopped counting (or at least reporting the results) thus the sudden flatline. The R0 of the virus and the population density of these countries makes these sudden flatlines in results highly suspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    already answered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no need to forget about China. China ed up bad, deserve criticism, and probably heavy sanctions. they covered this thing up until it was too late, didnt allow other governments to test early samples, etc. they ed a lot of countries over and they have blood on their hands

but the world doesnt stop moving just because China royally ed up. there are things that could have been done better here, despite China's bad actions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no need to forget about China. China ed up bad, deserve criticism, and probably heavy sanctions. they covered this thing up until it was too late, didnt allow other governments to test early samples, etc. they ed a lot of countries over and they have blood on their hands

but the world doesnt stop moving just because China royally ed up. there are things that could have been done better here, despite China's bad actions
    I'll actually applaud your reply here SR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll actually applaud your reply here SR.
    i appreciate that but i'm not saying anything special or different.

i dont think you'll find a single poster here that doesnt place blame on China for their part in this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i appreciate that but i'm not saying anything special or different.

i dont think you'll find a single poster here that doesnt place blame on China for their part in this.
    No chumpdumper says its all trumps fault. He thinks ny is cool because they have open wet markets just like china

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chumpdumper says its all trumps fault. He thinks ny is cool because they have open wet markets just like china
    The wet markets where this virus came from are in China. I'm fine with shutting down every wet market in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mean liberals: china ed up

tholdren and kw:

mean liberals: trump also could have done a lot more
    tholdren and kw: WHY ARENT YOU BLAMING CHINA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep scrolling you will find 2 things.
    1. He didn't know ny had wet markets.....

2. He says since they are in ny they pose no risk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mean liberals: china ed up

tholdren and kw:

mean liberals: trump also could have done a lot more
    tholdren and kw: WHY ARENT YOU BLAMING CHINA
    I will wait for you to post in context.... looks like Rebekah Jones pt 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden

first herd immunity study just released yesterday. they claimed that would reach herd immunity by now at 60% infection rate.

the actual results are 7% infection thus far. Zero herd immunity

ing morons

one of the mathematical experts who claimed herd immunity’s reaction:

“well, I guess I was way off “

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep scrolling you will find 2 things.
    1. He didn't know ny had wet markets.....

2. He says since they are in ny they pose no risk
    Wet markets per se are not the problem. The specifics of how animals are kept matters.

Why the does this matter more to you than Trump ing up the response? I assume this matters more, because you haven't really talked about how Trump ed up the response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden

first herd immunity study just released yesterday. they claimed that would reach herd immunity by now at 60% infection rate.

the actual results are 7% infection thus far. Zero herd immunity

ing morons

one of the mathematical experts who claimed herd immunity’s reaction:

“well, I guess I was way off “

.0066*.6*330,000,000 = #1,306,800‬

That is about how many people will have died by the time 60% of the US population has contracted this disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be willing to bet a good deal of money he doesn't think that.

Why are you lying about what he believes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he's playing lawyer, not saying anything about his belief but instead shifting the focus to a strawman about using China as a model. No one suggested doing so.

If you think something is suspect, you lack a belief in the veracity of the claim, and even moreso you have at least some disbelief of it. Admit it or not, that's how it goes.

I have no problem saying I don't believe China's numbers. I think China is lying. I think they stopped counting (or at least reporting the results) thus the sudden flatline. The R0 of the virus and the population density of these countries makes these sudden flatlines in results highly suspect.
    You say that is if strawman arguments are bad.

Are strawman arguments bad?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .0066*.6*330,000,000 = #1,306,800‬

That is about how many people will have died by the time 60% of the US population has contracted this disease.
    Just like the 94 million who would die by April? Or the 200k per day? Or the ships that were needed in ny? Or all of the hospitals being overwhelmed everywhere? Why are you still on the hypothetical nonsense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ran in here to talk because of some butthurt I've caused you and you thought you had a gotcha on me.

I'm asking questions about those countries because they were brought up in the article you linked. Why aren't you constantly harping on the policy decisions of the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?
    Because conservatives pushing for Sweden as some sort of model. I am evaluating their arguments.

As for butthurt from you, not really. you overestimate your abilities on a consistant basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say that is if strawman arguments are bad.

Are strawman arguments bad?
    Your chump routine needs work. Go your mother some more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the 94 million who would die by April? Or the 200k per day? Or the ships that were needed in ny? Or all of the hospitals being overwhelmed everywhere? Why are you still on the hypothetical nonsense?
    Speaking of nonsense. Link?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of nonsense. Link?
    I hurt him badly. All he can do is lie.

Thread Information