Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Man in Black1
    :brotha

Again, its Hacksaw Hamilton but this what I was told by some of my homies OUT WEST.

According to Lee, he reports that the Spurs and David Falk, Elton Brand's agent, are working to give Elton a contract with the Spurs at 6 years at $65 Million.

The trick here, according to Lee, is that Falk & the Spurs are adding "Poison Pills" to the contract by front-loading the out of it. The way it is being announced is that the 1st year will pay him $9 Mill PLUS a signing bonus of $11 Million. In effect, if the Donald wants to match that offer, he has to put up $20 Million dollars RIGHT AWAY instead of doing his normal, wait & hold pattern.

Will the Donald bite or will he avoid the Poison?

Remember the source:

Xtra has a radio link.

www.xtrasports690.com

KoriEllis
    Hmm.. seems I was right again.

People who don't chat miss out.

genghisrex
    Spurs fans can only hope.

Marcus Bryant

SpursWoman
    I'm sorry, MIB, you must have heard incorrectly. :wink

ChumpDumper
    I don't smoke.

DeSPURado
    If we are going for Brand, then who is Rose going to be traded for? Have you heard anything about that Kori....I know the Spurs wouldn't be considering this without a plan for Rose...

KoriEllis
    I don't know Despurado.

GO POP GO!

Solid D
    I keep reminding myself of that old saying...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

(But I still have to keep reminding myself...)

Confucious D says, the difference between uncredible and incredible is the difference between U and I.

Man in Black1
    :brotha

My opinion of the matter on Rose is that you don't trade him at all. With the commitments to USA Basketball, Tim & Elton (and anyone else playing on the US Team) would be playing more minutes of basketball with less rest. That adds up over time. It is imperative to take care of them AFTER their Olympic time by making sure the Spurs have the appropriate depth. Malik provides that..NO DOUBT. The same goes with Manu, Tony, Rasho(Who has said that he will forego playing with his Slovenia team...probably), & Mengke as well.

ducks
    that radio station does not support mac users

DuffMcCartney
    I dont support mac users either....

Solid D
    What's wrong with playing Brand at the 3 some of the time? He's pretty quick, you know...especially in a zone with his long extension.

There are many teams the Spurs could use a frontcourt of Rasho, Tim and Brand and a backcourt of Jack/Manu and Parker. It would be rather imposing, don't ya think?

Malik wouldn't need to go anywhere...unless they had to use him for a S & T.

ducks
    I do not need your support:p

Man in Black1
    :white

Sucks for you ...quack, quack.

And Lee always says, Yuma, El Centro, the Imperial Valley...I got a number for you at 1-800-866-1150

ducks
    I have 10 windows machines to listen to it on. but mine is a mac and my apple sound system rules

I sometimes can catch 690 am in the evenings in yuma on the radio

Marcus Bryant
    They could definitely try a '3 Big' lineup at times. Give Rose some run at the '3'...

scott
    According to Lee, he reports that the Spurs and David Falk, Elton Brand's agent, are working to give Elton a contract with the Spurs at 6 years at $65 Million.
    Does anyone else see a problem with this.

Unless this number refers to the base salary before the signing bonus, we should be offering Brand the MAX.

Let's not do Donny any favors here.

DuffMcCartney
    My allegiance will forever be for Bill Gates, my emperor........:white

Marcus Bryant
    scott that could be due to the fact that the way the Spurs have the contact set up the 'base salary' is lower than the max but then the bonus would make up the difference. Basically I wonder if the $65 mil refers to that and the $11 mil bonus would be in addition to that.

genghisrex
    scott, I think the $65 million figure is before the $11 million bonus so it'd actually be more like a $76 million (max) contract. The catch being that Elton would get $20 million in the first year.

ducks
    you do know bill gates stole everything from apple then made windows 8o

and oversea's he pirates stuff and hates it when people do it to his stff:shock

scott
    That's what I figured- but the way the report is makes you wonder.

I would assume that $65 mil would be base + signing bonus = max

DuffMcCartney
    you do know bill gates stole everything from apple then made windows
    who do you think stole the apple software?......:white ....allegiance baby....I will not fail my emperor....:white

timvp
    This isn't too surprising to those who've been listening.

Thread Information