My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Kareem and Larry, sure. Magic, no.

Isiah glossing over that his Pistons won after Lakers/Celtics were finished winning les too. He wouldn't be a 2-time Champ in the early/mid 80s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isiah glossing over that his Pistons won after Lakers/Celtics were finished winning les too. He wouldn't be a 2-time Champ in the early/mid 80s
    Bill Russell wouldn't even have made the NBA these days, given his skill then vs what they do now.

You have to judge players based on their era, not others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pistons should have won in 88 they got hosed by the refs and Isiah could barely run in game 7, not to mention they could have tied that game but they let the crowd invade the court
    They were one mistske away from beating the defending champs Boston in 87, the sane team that swept Demar DeJordan in 86 and 87
    Boston had the best record in the East in 88 so....

It’s not like Isiah played the 91 Lakers....

Jordan is the one who won when those dynasties were done

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Pistons should have won in 88 they got hosed by the refs and Isiah could barely run in game 7, not to mention they could have tied that game but they let the crowd invade the court
    They were one mistske away from beating the defending champs Boston in 87, the sane team that swept Demar DeJordan in 86 and 87
    Boston had the best record in the East in 88 so....

It’s not like Isiah played the 91 Lakers....

Jordan is the one who won when those dynasties were done
    Right, and Bulls were a Pippen migraine from modern day 4-Peat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Bird > Magic. Are you high? Bird don't even think that son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird > Magic. Are you high? Bird don't even think that son.
    The consensus is that Bird > Magic

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Isiah
    Bitter much?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The consensus is that Bird > Magic
    The consensus (amongst Laker haters) wrong. Not only is it Magic 5, Bird 3, it's Magic 2-1 H2H in the Finals.

Bird wasn't no punk, but even he'll admit Magic was better. He even said as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The consensus (amongst Laker haters) wrong. Not only is it Magic 5, Bird 3, it's Magic 2-1 H2H in the Finals.

Bird wasn't no punk, but even he'll admit Magic was better. He even said as much.
    Bird was a more complete player than Magic

Lakers had a better bench and the WCF was s cakewalk so don’t give me those h2h arguments without context

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird was a more complete player than Magic

Lakers had a better bench and the WCF was s cakewalk so don’t give me those h2h arguments without context
    And the Celtics weren't loaded too? There's a reason why MJ didn't make it out of the EC until Bird's back went out.

That 86 Celtics team is 2nd only to my 87 Lakers, all-time. Yes, over your 2014 Spurs, over my 2001 Lakers and all the Dubs recent championship teams.

Bird was a better scorer, that's it. Rebounding is a wash, and Magic was a better floor general (leader). That's it for me at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Celtics weren't loaded too? There's a reason why MJ didn't make it out of the EC until Bird's back went out.

That 86 Celtics team is 2nd only to my 87 Lakers, all-time. Yes, over your 2014 Spurs, over my 2001 Lakers and all the Dubs recent championship teams.

Bird was a better scorer, that's it. Rebounding is a wash, and Magic was a better floor general (leader). That's it for me at least.
    I never said Cs were not loaded

I said the Lakers had a better bench

The West was most of the time so the Lakers were more rested , healthier come Finals time

Celtics had to battle Bucks, Sixers, Pistons in the East; tougher opposition and longer series and injuries like it was the case in 87 (add to that the fact the Lakers were more athletic and faster)

Bird wasn't just a better scorer, he was a better team defender, better passer -yes better passer than Magic, Magic mostly made 3 on 1 fast breaks flashy but easy assists where as Bird threaded the needle and made more difficult assists

Plus Magic assist stats wehre inflated in half court : easy entry pass to Kareem, dribble dribble, swings left, swings right, sky hook, Chick Hear orgasm, assist Magic , LMAO

Bird was more clutch as well and I know you are going to bring the Jr Skyhook from 87, but career wise it's Bird no question

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Russell wouldn't even have made the NBA these days.
    If he came along a decade later, he'd be Dave Cowens level (who was still HOF).

In today's game, I'd take him over Draymond.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's starting to occur to me that Earvin was probably paid a uva a lot of money to call Dad Killer the "best ever" on air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he came along a decade later, he'd be Dave Cowens level (who was still HOF).

In today's game, I'd take him over Draymond.
    Today isn't a decade later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's starting to occur to me that Earvin was probably paid a uva a lot of money to call Dad Killer the "best ever" on air.
    Magic unlike a bitter Isiah acknowledged MJ way back in 1992. After his 1st 3peat, Magic even said MJ was the greatest. Think Bird came around in 95 or 96. Isaiah can't get over the fact that he was snubbed on the dream team. That's his wrong doing tbh. Everyone hated Isiah back then including MJ, Magic, Larry, Chuck, Malone and Stockton. Don't think anyone was a fan of Pistons basketball.

Isiah was also bitter over the fact that Chicago, his hometown became Michael's and I remember him saying recently that played a role in the rivalry too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic unlike a bitter Isiah acknowledged MJ way back in 1992. After his 1st 3peat, Magic even said MJ was the greatest. Think Bird came around in 95 or 96. Isaiah can't get over the fact that he was snubbed on the dream team. That's his wrong doing tbh. Everyone hated Isiah back then including MJ, Magic, Larry, Chuck, Malone and Stockton. Don't think anyone was a fan of Pistons basketball.

Isiah was also bitter over the fact that Chicago, his hometown became Michael's and I remember him saying recently that played a role in the rivalry too
    Magic compliments pretty everyone, he is the king of superlatives

And just because X player thinks T player is great, it doesn’t mean we have to agree with him
    Same thing with Bird, I mean he said Klay ing Thompson was amazing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to me Jordan is the bitter one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to me Jordan is the bitter one
    Not bitter but sensitive as . Isiah however is a bitter fool. Just accept it was wrong on your part and move on. MJ took a beating from you 3 years in a row but he still came over and showed sportsmanship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic compliments pretty everyone, he is the king of superlatives

And just because X player thinks T player is great, it doesn’t mean we have to agree with him
    Same thing with Bird, I mean he said Klay ing Thompson was amazing
    Complimenting is one thing and acknowledging another player (especially in the same era) as the greatest is a whole another thing. Do you think Kobe, Lebron or Duncan would acknowledge the other as a better player. no, they'll take it to their grave thinking they were the better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bitter but sensitive as . Isiah however is a bitter fool. Just accept it was wrong on your part and move on. MJ took a beating from you 3 years in a row but he still came over and showed sportsmanship.
    Well they are both compe ive but at least Isiah tried hs best to move on but Jordon didn't

Then TLD came out with a narrative controlled by his Airness and I can see why Isiah would be upset

And just because he didn't rank MJ at number 1, it doesn't mean it's because of ther rivalry; Isiah also competed and competed hard against Magic, Kareem and Larry

Dr J doesn't have MJ in his top 5, is it bitterness?

Isiah will never kiss Jordon's rings and I respect that

Just look at MJ's HOF speech; Jordan is , as you said, extremely sensitive; that's his personality, it's not his fault, he was born like that but at the same time he could have make an effort

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic unlike a bitter Isiah acknowledged MJ way back in 1992.
    Bird kicked the out of Jordan. It was too his advantage to muddle the waters further with comments like that. Still, I think a lot of money was in play.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isiah and Bird both would've three-peated if not for Stern; and against tougher compe ion. If some bitterness bled over, one can understand.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Isiah had a career losing record against Kareem, Magic, and Bird. He's got an even playoff series record against all three as well.

Isiah has a career winning record against Jordan and was 3-1 against him in playoff series.

Individual greatness doesn't necessarily mean toughest compe ion. Depends how you look at it. Maybe if it's a list of greatest individual players, his list changes. Maybe not. But he was talking toughest to compete against, not greatest individual players. One doesn't have to mean the other.

Thread Information