My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We have been approached by multiple properties regarding potential options for hosting NBA games, including MGM,” NBA spokesman Mike Bass said Saturday. ”We have not engaged in any substantive discussions.”

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could work as a bubble but seems too easy to break quarantine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you know those players and friends are not going to want to party in Vegas the idea of playing there is just plain stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should do the games in LA and that way the players can get up close and personal with the homeless people being forced into the 5 star hotels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you know those players and friends are not going to want to party in Vegas the idea of playing there is just plain stupid.
    True. If you must play the games, then go to an isolated resort where it’s easier to maintain entry/exit control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. If you must play the games, then go to an isolated resort where it’s easier to maintain entry/exit control.
    You can't have entry/exit. That's why they're calling it a bubble. I would suppose that people could leave (but not return), but NO ONE enters after the bubble is enacted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't have entry/exit. That's why they're calling it a bubble. I would suppose that people could leave (but not return), but NO ONE enters after the bubble is enacted.
    I know owners and players want to play...but do people think they are going to be willing to isolate themselves completely away from society for weeks or even months to do it?

Never gonna happen. Just cancel this season and focus on trying to salvage what you can of the next.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know owners and players want to play...but do people think they are going to be willing to isolate themselves completely away from society for weeks or even months to do it?

Never gonna happen. Just cancel this season and focus on trying to salvage what you can of the next.
    you can keep the players in, but you can't keep the es out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can keep the players in, but you can't keep the es out.
    I'm pretty sure this would be one of the stipulations of the contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's why I've thought for at least a month that the season would be cancelled. Many players balance the road and the hos with the home stands and family. It's the reason that many NBA marriages fail upon retirement.

They don't want to be without either, and both can't be inside the bubble.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

what?

they’re already intending to isolate from society

if the season resumes then they’d actually be playing / get paid and be able to hangout without each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what?

they’re already intending to isolate from society

if the season resumes then they’d actually be playing / get paid and be able to hangout without each other.
    They are "isolating from society" in their own homes and with their families...and/or friends if they are still choosing to socialize like many people are.

This whole bubble idea basically entails them checking into a resort and not being able to leave until the season/playoffs are over.

Unless the resort is full of hookers and blow, I don't see the entire NBA deciding to sign up.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are "isolating from society" in their own homes and with their families...and/or friends if they are still choosing to socialize like many people are.

This whole bubble idea basically entails them checking into a resort and not being able to leave until the season/playoffs are over.

Unless the resort is full of hookers and blow, I don't see the entire NBA deciding to sign up.
    That's why I favor a tournament. Only keep the players, et.al., with a reason to be there. Actually makes things safer and easier to manage as time goes on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I favor a tournament. Only keep the players, et.al., with a reason to be there. Actually makes things safer and easier to manage as time goes on.
    Yes, don’t finish the season. Just do the playoffs and make all of the rounds 5 game series.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yes, don’t finish the season. Just do the playoffs and make all of the rounds 5 game series.
    i'm sure they could use some warm up games though. maybe five regular season games?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i was some fücking closure tbh

i guess no one else here does because the spurs weren't going anywhere?

this is like being nba blue balled. if the season gets cancelled then we have to go through another 82 games before some POs? ugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this is like being nba blue balled. if the season gets cancelled then we have to go through another 82 games before some POs? ugh.
    Here's what I want: another year elapsed in the careers of LeBron and Mute Cancer without a ring, and no ring for chaser Marcus Morris.

those clowns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's put it this way....if this creates some sort of loophole where the Spurs playoff streak stays intact, I'm not gonna be complaining about it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, no one else does because 77,000 are dead right now and we'll probably be around 500,000 by the time all this is over. Our economy is in the ter and people are wondering how they'll survive the year, not whether LeBron can get a fourth ring.

And even if people cared, there is no reasonable way to play the season short of making a bubble with players, families, hookers, refs, announcers, hotel staff, arena staff that no one can enter and no one can leave until say their team gets eliminated from the playoffs. Otherwise the second a player tests positive his entire team is quarantined, every team they played the last two weeks is quarantined, every ref to work a game is quarantined, and so on. One positive test probably quarantines 1/3 to 1/2 of the league with the accelerated schedule they'd be doing if they play any regular season games.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-08-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Thread Information