Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am like 16-18h in, just met Yara and Lev... Damn is that pregnant woman stupid as . I feel nothing for anyone in Abby's camp and especially not Abby. There's also so much backtracking with the flashbacks...it just doesnt do it for me. I know this is like a 25h game, so i hope the final third makes me enjoy this game...

and yea, stealth is pretty much the best thing for me right now.
    Yup, I just got switched to Abby, and I'm just doing the chores itching to get switched back to Ellie and go Rambo on Seattle.

I ing hate the dogs they added to this game I do like the touch they added were certain enemies will surrender or beg for their life. Can you let them go? I've murked every one of them so far lol
    You hate them coz they're good. I honestly haven't had problems with them after the first one, I just kill them first with an arrow or gun + silencer from a prone position, then go from there.

I haven't even been asked yet to let anybody go. I guess I just whack them before they even get a chance to talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What difficulty did you start on? I'm playing on surviror since grounded is not available yet and I think that's the issue my resources are more scarce. I usually try to arrow the dogs too but I'm a terrible shot with the bow but usually I only have the stuff to make 1 arrow maaaaybe 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What difficulty did you start on? I'm playing on surviror since grounded is not available yet and I think that's the issue my resources are more scarce. I usually try to arrow the dogs too but I'm a terrible shot with the bow but usually I only have the stuff to make 1 arrow maaaaybe 2
    whatever the default is... yeah, I really don't have a problem with resources, but since I figured early there's probably little to no replay value here, I try to head into every location and scavenge as much as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I thought the game was going to end when you got back in the farm with the baby n' stuff... I was maaaaaad, I thought that was it. But it keeps going...

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished after like 23 or 24h. Yea, the last third didn't get better for me, perhaps it just gor worse, especially the ending. It was like watching the Bride from Kill Bill killing everyone and at the end not killing Bill. I really loved the first game, not cause of the gameplay, but cause of the story and every single character in that game was interesting. Here, i got nothing from no one. I didn't like anyone from Abby's side, even tho the game really want you to feel bad for her, but it just didn't do it for me. I did think I'd like Ellie, cause she was great in the first part, but here, she's kinda boring, same goes for Dina. Jesse was cool, but he had too little to do, just as Tommy. I'd love to have played as Tommy for a portion of a game and not with Abby for like 10+ hours. Killing Joel at the beginning also didn't help. Now if they killed him at the end and if it was made in a smart way then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but here it was just random. I remember the first trailer and the comments it got. People were thinking Joel would die 4 years ago, so to me this was like Han Solo dying in Force awakens. I expected it and was not surprised at all. Anyhow, the game looks great and the game mechanics are fine, nothing special, but also nothing to about. Unfortunately i don't care for graphics, especially in a story driven game and this is the worts story driven game i have ever played in my 24 years of playing games. It's not the worst game i have played, cause the gameplay is still fine and stealth kills are kinda fun to do, but story just sucks for me. I was thinking that after finishing it i'll try to beat it on grounded, but i have no desire to do so. I'd rather just play the first game, or any other Naughty Dog game. My rating for this would be disappointing. I hope others are having way much fun than i did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boring game
    Too easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished it last night too. I had fun playing the game, there's tried and true ND style stuff here. Technically (visuals, mechanics) the game is top shelf. I wouldn't even say the story sucks entirely if I read it on a book from Ellie's or Tommy's perspective, but I had complete disdain for Abby throughout the game and hated having to command her, no matter how hard they tried to make her look like a reasonable, loving person. To the point where when you reach back Ellie and you gotta fight her, I just left out of cover and let her kill me, thinking they should roll out the credits at that point (lmao). Also, yeah, the ending was like empty. I play the first game so long ago, I wasn't really attached to the characters, so I didn't mind Joel getting whacked early, tbh. I can see how people would be disappointed to an extent, considering half the story happens with a character you want to turn the gun on herself and move back to Ellie, tbh.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    finished after like 23 or 24h. Yea, the last third didn't get better for me, perhaps it just gor worse, especially the ending. It was like watching the Bride from Kill Bill killing everyone and at the end not killing Bill. I really loved the first game, not cause of the gameplay, but cause of the story and every single character in that game was interesting. Here, i got nothing from no one. I didn't like anyone from Abby's side, even tho the game really want you to feel bad for her, but it just didn't do it for me. I did think I'd like Ellie, cause she was great in the first part, but here, she's kinda boring, same goes for Dina. Jesse was cool, but he had too little to do, just as Tommy. I'd love to have played as Tommy for a portion of a game and not with Abby for like 10+ hours. Killing Joel at the beginning also didn't help. Now if they killed him at the end and if it was made in a smart way then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but here it was just random. I remember the first trailer and the comments it got. People were thinking Joel would die 4 years ago, so to me this was like Han Solo dying in Force awakens. I expected it and was not surprised at all. Anyhow, the game looks great and the game mechanics are fine, nothing special, but also nothing to about. Unfortunately i don't care for graphics, especially in a story driven game and this is the worts story driven game i have ever played in my 24 years of playing games. It's not the worst game i have played, cause the gameplay is still fine and stealth kills are kinda fun to do, but story just sucks for me. I was thinking that after finishing it i'll try to beat it on grounded, but i have no desire to do so. I'd rather just play the first game, or any other Naughty Dog game. My rating for this would be disappointing. I hope others are having way much fun than i did.

“Female characters boring! Male characters good!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Female characters boring! Male characters good!”
    nah, everyone was boring. Those 2 just didn't have enough screen time. I also liked Ellie more than Joel in the first part, but yea, of course i am sexist cause i think here they arent that interesting. Remember people,you can't say bad things about women, gays and people of color without 2020 re s looking bad at you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished it last night too. I had fun playing the game, there's tried and true ND style stuff here. Technically (visuals, mechanics) the game is top shelf. I wouldn't even say the story sucks entirely if I read it on a book from Ellie's or Tommy's perspective, but I had complete disdain for Abby throughout the game and hated having to command her, no matter how hard they tried to make her look like a reasonable, loving person. To the point where when you reach back Ellie and you gotta fight her, I just left out of cover and let her kill me, thinking they should roll out the credits at that point (lmao). Also, yeah, the ending was like empty. I play the first game so long ago, I wasn't really attached to the characters, so I didn't mind Joel getting whacked early, tbh. I can see how people would be disappointed to an extent, considering half the story happens with a character you want to turn the gun on herself and move back to Ellie, tbh.
    This is what I was worried about. I'm still early in Seattle (haven't had a lot of time to play), but I can already tell Abby is not very likeable regardless of the Joel business. The switching narrative format requires that you actually care about both characters for it to work effectively. It would've made more sense to have Part 2 entirely from Abby's POV with a different storyline perhaps, and then the third game switch between the two. As it is, people are always going to prefer Ellie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope they move away from Ellie in a third installment. Literally story told.

Her and Joel’s story came full circle. Literally. And she passed on revenge so yeah time for a new narrative with different survivors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did like the exploration aspect with Ellie when you get to Seattle... I wish there would've been less flashbacks and perhaps a slightly bigger city to explore. Maybe even taking you to the island sooner and let you explore there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only say about this that Neil and the team had a long, thoughtful process to even consider doing this game (whether you eventually liked it or not, different matter altogether). It's certainly difficult to follow up on a success like the first game, where you have certain relatively-sacred characters.

Personally, I don't know if I would mind as much some sort of continuation to Ellie's story, but I certainly would hate to have to continue playing as Abby, and I hope they don't go that route. Tommy was too ed up for any major role. Dina just wasn't very interesting to me.

So really, don't know where that leave us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Her and Joel’s story came full circle. Literally. And she passed on revenge so yeah time for a new narrative with different survivors.
    watch them make Abby and Ellie team up.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

They have a lot of potential in the world they've created. tbh i would be really interested in seeing a prequel - maybe something like Joel/Tommy surviving right after the outbreak, or Tommy's time with the fireflies, or even Joel/Tess first meeting and their story. lots of options. ND milked tf out of Uncharted so hopefully we'll get a few more LoU installments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , they did a good job delaying any type of combat with humans. That first fight in the school was pretty intense. The sound effects are really well done.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    that ing bloater encounter in seattle caught me off guard big time i was so unprepared for det one

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    also did Star Wars Battlefront II become good? i played it on PS4 awhile back and thought it was ok, but its on steam now and after a pretty poor reception at release it has some really good reviews. i might have to check that one out again also

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol im re ed i just realized i posted that in this thread and not the other thread. need to quit smoking so much weed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also did Star Wars Battlefront II become good? i played it on PS4 awhile back and thought it was ok, but its on steam now and after a pretty poor reception at release it has some really good reviews. i might have to check that one out again also
    it bacame pretty good after 2 years of free updates. I am surprised EA supported the game for this long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'm the only person who doesn't totally hate Abby and her storyline? they made that way too buff in the main timeline though. I get they have tons of workout equipment and benches but jesus man. She looks like she can bench 3 plates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also my main gripe with this game is just the excessive use of flashbacks. I get a couple of them but I've hit at least 6 of them now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'm the only person who doesn't totally hate Abby and her storyline? they made that way too buff in the main timeline though. I get they have tons of workout equipment and benches but jesus man. She looks like she can bench 3 plates
    I'm still early in Abby day one, but I'm actually surprised that I'm enjoying her storyline. It's hard for me to stay mad at her after seeing her side of the story. If you're pissed at her, then you'd have to be at Ellie also. Joel killed a lot of people. And that's kind of the point. It's all about perspective, there are no 100% good guys and bad guys in this universe (though you could make an argument for David's group). And it makes you think about all the people you slaughter in the game as Ellie, especially after you see their camp as Abby. They all have friends and families too. Though they all shoot you on sight, so it isn't like you have much of a choice.

Thread Information