Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'm still early in Abby day one, but I'm actually surprised that I'm enjoying her storyline. It's hard for me to stay mad at her after seeing her side of the story. If you're pissed at her, then you'd have to be at Ellie also. Joel killed a lot of people. And that's kind of the point. It's all about perspective, there are no 100% good guys and bad guys in this universe (though you could make an argument for David's group). And it makes you think about all the people you slaughter in the game as Ellie, especially after you see their camp as Abby. They all have friends and families too. Though they all shoot you on sight, so it isn't like you have much of a choice.
    same. it's not as ty as people make it seem tbh, just too many incels triggered that she killed Joel. i've been playing it slowly since i can only play after work a couple hours so the shock of his death has faded and taking 18 game hours to get to her story helped

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same. it's not as ty as people make it seem tbh, just too many incels triggered that she killed Joel. i've been playing it slowly since i can only play after work a couple hours so the shock of his death has faded and taking 18 game hours to get to her story helped
    Bold claim. And I dont think that's it.

This game has more problems than "it's just Joel."

The majority of people hate not only her but her entire ty unlikeable crew and the overall story is just trash.

On a technical level this game is 10/10 agreed.
    Story 3/10 for efforts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me it's just basic videogame stuff... not even good guys vs bad guys, it's my team vs their team. You put me to play the bad guys throughout, I'm cool with that if the game is good.

The issue (IMO) is that the same guys that were blowing my head with a shotgun are suddenly my buddies now, who are good neighbors and walk the dog every morning , and it just doesn't work out for me.

The whole setup was to go to Seattle to do the lord's work on the other team. I leveled up, upgraded guns and ammo, scavenged the out of everything, and suddenly I find myself playing the person I went to Seattle for, and was itching to nail to the tree of woe.

It's not even about Joel. Joel was part of the story setup/excuse to go to Seattle for revenge. When I saw the zebra rescue at the start of the Abby sequence I was rolling my eyes. Then came the little children . It all looked forced as to me.

I mean, I was so ready to grab a flamethrower with Ellie, run across that and burn her to pieces in the first 30 mins of the game. That's what a revenge story is, I don't care if she's Mother Theresa.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    tbh i think it was a bold decision, and one that appears to be pretty polarizing. i havent finished it yet but i think the point was that it isnt just a typical revenge story. but to each their own i guess. the first was my second favorite game of all time, this isnt as good but is still a really solid game overall. Not a 10/10 by any means but it's still a 7.5/10 imho. i think people's expectation for this to exceed one of the greatest games ever was too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a solid game, and I might actually play the NG+... I don't hate or dislike the game itself, I think the mechanics are actually pretty great. As somebody else said, I would've rather had less flashbacks and more exploration, especially since the pace is slow, so exploring new locations is actually pretty fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i think it was a bold decision, and one that appears to be pretty polarizing. i havent finished it yet but i think the point was that it isnt just a typical revenge story. but to each their own i guess. the first was my second favorite game of all time, this isnt as good but is still a really solid game overall. Not a 10/10 by any means but it's still a 7.5/10 imho. i think people's expectation for this to exceed one of the greatest games ever was too much.
    I really can't think of another piece of fiction that asks you to sympathize with both sides of a conflict like this. The execution really is not perfect. Players are always going to side with Ellie because we know her better, her personality is more interesting, and she's a more important character (her immunity). But it's bold move regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just broke the record with 4 million sold in 3 days. I'm sure they'll be fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just broke the record with 4 million sold in 3 days. I'm sure they'll be fine
    Yeah, sells have been nothing short of phenomenal, not just in the US, but Europe as well. Frankly it wasn't a sure thing, especially after the leaks.

Even more striking, the Last of Us Remaster had seen a considerable e in sells too. IIRC, it's back in the top 10 sales chart in the UK right now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Chris is so terrified of teh gays that he’s praying every night for this game to fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'm thoroughly enjoying it tbh. I finally snagged the limited edition console and headset only thing i'm missing is Ellie's backpack from her edition of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also det Yara death right after Lev has to kill his mom and then his sister gets shot up trying to go after him. has to feel like

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris is a got but what does TLOU2 selling 4 million copies has to do with the 80% fall off?

I honestly want this to fail (It wont and isn't) so changes are made within this company which allegedly treats its empployees like in the first place.

Third game cannot have Abby as a playable character. Or even Ellie at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris is a got but what does TLOU2 selling 4 million copies has to do with the 80% fall off?

I honestly want this to fail (It wont and isn't) so changes are made within this company which allegedly treats its empployees like in the first place.

Third game cannot have Abby as a playable character. Or even Ellie at this point.
    It's not uncommon for boxed sales to have a serious dip after a big launch. IIRC, Days Gone dropped 60% too (and that was pre-covid). I believe the 80% is only for boxed sales, not digital.

The rationale is that fanboys and enthusiasts buy right at launch or preordered, the rest wait up until they have the money or some special occasion (birthdays, holidays, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well, considering they broke the sales record in 4 days it means a lot of people already have the game. considering the leaks and negative press it's gotten that is pretty good, and my point was that an 80% drop in sales after it broke the record for sales within 3 days isnt a big deal and i doubt ND is hurting for it

i get it man, you didnt like it, and thats perfectly fine. but plenty of us did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reck is salty from getting pushed around in the political forum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chrisbot, did you missed the part where you're getting on here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really the entire industry. You can name a lot of other high profile companies like Rockstar, CD Projekt Red, etc they've had bad press related to working conditions. These ers are under such immense pressure to deliver on these AAA games (which are only getting harder and more time consuming to produce), I don't see it changing anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The lack of self awareness here^

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5gzGs-63Y

Pretty intelligent take tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that yesterday, it's a good watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally finished the game. I'm not really sure where the franchise goes from here. The only meaningful story left for Ellie is if they bring back the possibility of her helping create a vaccine or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also surprised that so much attention/press was dedicated to that downtown Seattle area. I originally thought it was going to be a hub area with multiple paths similar to Lost Legacy, but you never go back there. It's only purpose to the story is to find some gas for a generator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally finished the game. I'm not really sure where the franchise goes from here. The only meaningful story left for Ellie is if they bring back the possibility of her helping create a vaccine or something.
    I'd play a prequel. Or even another game featuring Abby/Lev. Or another character entirely tbh, i just hope they make another game at some point

Thread Information