Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Let this be the thread to discuss the spoilers and post the top notch memes going around right now

I can accept the Joel death scene if there’s more to it than “tranny with a golf club” and hopefully there is. In fact, you’d be an idiot to think Joel wouldn’t die at some point in the game. But it obviously has to be done properly, and if Cuckmann really thinks fans are ever going to accept the people spitting on Joel’s dead body as “the good guys” then he’s just one of the biggest morons in any storytelling medium.

Joel’s death could have been a big moment if it pushes Ellie to go ape and kill everything in her path, including Abby. But who the will want to play as Abby from that point? Who the is gonna mash the square button to choke out Ellie? Just makes no ing sense. That’s why I really think the leaks are misleading and/or totally wrong in parts, because nobody in their right mind would think this is a good idea.

And god help us all if the tranny thing is for real

There’s a salvageable, good story in there, but obviously not if it plays out exactly like the leaks say it will. This is one of the dumbest “ ting in your fanbases mouths” moments I’ve ever seen, and this is coming from a guy who defended The Last Jedi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've read up on it and I'm not getting the tranny thing. Seems like some bs that neckbeards are running with because Abby is not overly feminine. And in a post apocalypse world in which her parents were murdered I'm not really sure why they would expect her to be some hot babe with highlights and painted nails. The tranny thing is getting way overblown because of Elie being gay, which was basically revealed in the first game.

I don't get the hate it's getting. Because Joel or Ellie dies? Given that the first game had a habit of ting on any bit of hope I'm not sure why this is unexpected. Players rly thought they were gonna play as Joel and Ellie, save the world and live happily ever after?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've read up on it and I'm not getting the tranny thing. Seems like some bs that neckbeards are running with because Abby is not overly feminine. And in a post apocalypse world in which her parents were murdered I'm not really sure why they would expect her to be some hot babe with highlights and painted nails. The tranny thing is getting way overblown because of Elie being gay, which was basically revealed in the first game.

I don't get the hate it's getting. Because Joel or Ellie dies? Given that the first game had a habit of ting on any bit of hope I'm not sure why this is unexpected. Players rly thought they were gonna play as Joel and Ellie, save the world and live happily ever after?
    I doubt anybody expected a happy ending, but to expect players to actively hunt down and kill Joel and Ellie is just a big middle finger to fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have massive issues with the plot.

They really are going with the "she was hiding behind some boxes" and that's how she knows it was Joel.

ND went super sadistic mode on Joel. Not only does he get killed but they actually go back to his ed up body up close and have some bag spit on his corpse while Ellie is pinned down and made to watch.

Then you are forced to play the second half of the game as the buffed up she-man and absolutely wreck Ellie, bash her girlfriend's head in and kill the asian guy and she gets to live at the end anyways.

That is unimaginable.

I dont give a about Abby's point of view. No amount of time spent with her will make me be ok with what she did. Specially knowing that her father was knowingly sacrificing kids for a cure. That defeats the purpose of feeling sorry for her to begin with.

The way they set up the third game is as pathetic as Ellie the villian. ffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe there's information out there that I'm not familiar with (I hadn't heard about Abby's crew spitting on Joel's corpse for example), but I think there are some unfounded rumors floating around out there. Remember that there were other "leaks" a few weeks ago that have mostly been debunked. Unless it happens in the actual videos, or is confirmed by the level les somehow, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

We know for sure that Joel gets beat to with a golf club, we also know that Jesse dies at some point per Dina's dialogue. Ellie and Dina get ed up pretty bad by Abby presumably at the climax, but Abby leaves the room after Lev calms her down. Ellie was still alive at that point though, Dina was unconscious but probably alive as well. For that reason, I'm assuming Ellie survives the game. A lot of the other stuff may still be true (Abby being the daughter of the surgeon), but I'm thinking some details are off.

It's obvious that ND is going for the "there are two sides to every story" angle. Joel admittedly robbed from and killed innocent people after the outbreak began. He went on a rampage at the end of the first game for his own selfish reasons, then lied about it to the one person he cared about. He isn't exactly a good guy. So they're seeing if it's possible to make the player witness Joel's brutal murder, and have you sympathise with his murderer later in the game. I personally don't feel like it'll work, especially if Ellie does die also, but it's a bold move. There are probably plenty of details that we're missing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfUs...ouve_heard_is/

I dont know how legit this is but it's much more fleshed out in details.

Still dont think it was the right direction but it's somewhat less terrible. AGAIN, if this is legit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfUs...ouve_heard_is/

I dont know how legit this is but it's much more fleshed out in details.

Still dont think it was the right direction but it's somewhat less terrible. AGAIN, if this is legit.
    Definitely a lot better, let’s hope he’s right.

People need to get over “ muh Joel ” as of course he was going to die. The unpalatable part of all this was spending half the game hunting down Ellie. If Joel dies, it has to mean something, and the original leaks just on Joel with nothing redeeming about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better, but I still don't think they're 100% accurate.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Maybe there's information out there that I'm not familiar with (I hadn't heard about Abby's crew spitting on Joel's corpse for example), but I think there are some unfounded rumors floating around out there. Remember that there were other "leaks" a few weeks ago that have mostly been debunked. Unless it happens in the actual videos, or is confirmed by the level les somehow, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

We know for sure that Joel gets beat to with a golf club, we also know that Jesse dies at some point per Dina's dialogue. Ellie and Dina get ed up pretty bad by Abby presumably at the climax, but Abby leaves the room after Lev calms her down. Ellie was still alive at that point though, Dina was unconscious but probably alive as well. For that reason, I'm assuming Ellie survives the game. A lot of the other stuff may still be true (Abby being the daughter of the surgeon), but I'm thinking some details are off.

It's obvious that ND is going for the "there are two sides to every story" angle. Joel admittedly robbed from and killed innocent people after the outbreak began. He went on a rampage at the end of the first game for his own selfish reasons, then lied about it to the one person he cared about. He isn't exactly a good guy. So they're seeing if it's possible to make the player witness Joel's brutal murder, and have you sympathise with his murderer later in the game. I personally don't feel like it'll work, especially if Ellie does die also, but it's a bold move. There are probably plenty of details that we're missing.
    this is my feeling as well pretty much. and you're right about Joel. of course fans love him but the truth is he was kind of a piece of and really at the end of the game he proved how selfish he was by going against Ellie's wishes and lying about it. not to say i didn't agree with his choice, but it seemed glaringly obvious that when a second game was made, joel would have to atone and be killed at some point in it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is my feeling as well pretty much. and you're right about Joel. of course fans love him but the truth is he was kind of a piece of and really at the end of the game he proved how selfish he was by going against Ellie's wishes and lying about it. not to say i didn't agree with his choice, but it seemed glaringly obvious that when a second game was made, joel would have to atone and be killed at some point in it
    As a dad, it's easy to understand Joel's actions. But with everybody he wronged over the years, his time was definitely coming. The one thing I really wanted from the sequel (narrative-wise), was for Ellie to find out the truth and to see what that means for her. Still not sure if that'll happen going by the leaks.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

This is just to confirm, yes they spit on Joel’s body. Not something I disagree with if done right, but pulling a “no, Joel and Ellie are the real bad guys!” is a re ed twist. The most recent leaks and the new trailer seem to contradict the original leaks in that regard, so let’s hope it goes that way.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wouldn't be surprised if abby killed joel and then ellie kills abby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard they all die of COVID at the end... sounds legit, IMO, TBH, FWIW

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    the new spoilers show that Abby identifies Joel as the guy who killed her father because......he said his name is Joel...

So is she the Terminator just killing everybody named Joel and hoping she eventually finds the one? Just stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Starts revenge quest
    *Kills everyone in her path terminator style
    *Is moments away from her end goal
    *Gets Joel Flashback telling her murder is BAD
    *Let's Abby go
    *Finds everyone else dead or maimed by Abby after letting her go

*fades to black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no issue with anything in that video. Obviously there's some stuff missing, and there seems to be a huge time gap between Seattle and this, but it's different from any of the other supposed leaked endings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yikes count me out on this one

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is abby trans or not? didnt they say she was a girl... i am confused.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Abby is not trans. The trans character is Lev. Which makes sense because I was under the impression that Lev was a girl until the latest leaks called Lev “he”.

https://press-start.com.au/features/...and-brutality/

I’d love for you to talk me through how Lev came about, a rare representation for trans people in the medium. His coming to terms with who he is, in the face of literal death, is bound to resonate with people.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started watching a playthrough of it on Youtube.

Game is brutal from the get go. Took less than 2 hours for Joel to meet golf club and it's GTA on steroids from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should be getting my copy soon... better wrap up this AC Origins DLC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started watching a playthrough of it on Youtube.

Game is brutal from the get go. Took less than 2 hours for Joel to meet golf club and it's GTA on steroids from there.
    i was hoping they'd get him in the opening scene like his daughter in the first game that'd me up. my collectors edition will be here tomorrow, ima play the out of this after work

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The tranny's sex scene blew up on 4Chan. Thank you, Druckmann.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information