My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think it is a coincidence that ever since the spurs reached irrelevancy by letting go of a generational legend, they all of a sudden had to sell small part of ownership.

So in theory, if they just gave dennis a 100k a year job, this would have never happened.

Holt trying to sell high knowing the end is near?

thoughts?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holt never even had a majority share, so no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hardest thing in the world to sell is a minority share of a closely held corporation. The higher the cost of the small share, the less salable it is because a minority owner is virtually powerless and depends on the majority owner's whims on policy decisions and declarations of income. One percent share of a billion dollar corp is a ego buy with no hope of return on investment unless the majority ownership is kind or wants to declare profits for itself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis didn't want 100K. He wanted part ownership in the Spurs. I have heard somewhere around 3-5 percent ownership which is lot. The Spurs are valued at 1.8 billion. 5 percent of that is 90 million dollars.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, if Kawhi was going to be here rather than living in LA, which is home for him, it would have had to been made extremely worth his while. It wasn't. So be it. Move on.

You don't want someone around that doesn't feel genuine affection for the city and/or the jersey, anyway.

It wasn't going to end well regardless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patfo should have just sat DNP'd him until his contract was up...
    Spurs got nothing that made a trade worthwhile.

Well maybe kawhitter freezing up North for a year lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patfo should have just sat DNP'd him until his contract was up...
    Spurs got nothing that made a trade worthwhile.

Well maybe kawhitter freezing up North for a year lol
    Kawhi stole $19M from the Spurs by sitting out. By trading him East, and denying him Bird Rights in his move to LA, the Spurs cost him $39M.

Satisfaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis didn't want 100K. He wanted part ownership in the Spurs. I have heard somewhere around 3-5 percent ownership which is lot. The Spurs are valued at 1.8 billion. 5 percent of that is 90 million dollars.
    I suspect that would not have even been allowed under the CBA.
    Wasn't there other rumors of things he was asking form teams that where off the wall?

M

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect that would not have even been allowed under the CBA.
    Wasn't there other rumors of things he was asking form teams that where off the wall?

M
    Yes he had some outrageous demands for the Raptors. Down below is an excerpt from an article about the stuff he wanted:

Sources say the league was told that Robertson asked team officials for part ownership of the team, a private plane that would be available at all times, a house and — last but certainly not least — a guaranteed amount of off-court endorsement money that they could expect if Leonard played for their team. All of those items, to be clear, would fall well outside the confines of the league’s collective bargaining agreement.

These are said to be the demands asked of the Lakers and Toronto Raptors during their free agency meetings with Leonard. That had been the case over three phone calls over several days with team president Jeanie Buss, who voiced to Robertson that these requests were “illegal perks” that her team or any other franchise could grant him.

https://www.sportscasting.com/you-wo...n-free-agency/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $100K per year job.

Uncle's monthly hooker bill is higher than that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi stole $19M from the Spurs by sitting out. By trading him East, and denying him Bird Rights in his move to LA, the Spurs cost him $39M.

Satisfaction.
    Ya the Spurs sure showed him.

Thread Information