My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Most of us have 49ers losing @ Dallas
    it's 50/50. I don 't think their SB loss hangover will be as bad as the Rams' last year, but they could suddenly slip to third even with a double digit win season if Arizona takes that expected leap forward.

other than batting down 5'6" Kyler Murray's passes, I just don't see how teams are going to be very successful stopping Arizona next year. How you do stop a 5-wide offense and a QB who runs a legit 4.3 and is extremely hard to catch, forget tackle? I think he's going to be this year's version of 2019 Lamar Jackson tbh. Takes the NFL by storm.

Last year I picked the 49ers to make the great leap forward, and I was right. This year I'm picking 'Zona. Though Seattle and SF still win double digits as well. Rams go around 8-8, last place. Stacked division, also they play the ghastly AFC East so that's a bunch of cheap wins right there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i mean sheeeit, if my wife was built like derrick henry I'd probably be a dead man myself.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    it's 50/50. I don 't think their SB loss hangover will be as bad as the Rams' last year, but they could suddenly slip to third even with a double digit win season if Arizona takes that expected leap forward.

other than batting down 5'6" Kyler Murray's passes, I just don't see how teams are going to be very successful stopping Arizona next year. How you do stop a 5-wide offense and a QB who runs a legit 4.3 and is extremely hard to catch, forget tackle? I think he's going to be this year's version of 2019 Lamar Jackson tbh. Takes the NFL by storm.

Last year I picked the 49ers to make the great leap forward, and I was right. This year I'm picking 'Zona. Though Seattle and SF still win double digits as well. Rams go around 8-8, last place. Stacked division, also they play the ghastly AFC East so that's a bunch of cheap wins right there.
    I'm sceptical of this Cards lovefest. You might be right. I only see a more congested division. Maybe Rams flip with Cards. Seahawks could very well win a tiebreaker

I think many are eyeing that Dallas game because Cowboys are a strong team and will treat it as their SB. We have 2 division games afterwards and will be battling tiebreakers all season

Lets be honest the Rams lost in the NFC le game and were swallowed up in the SB. They also supposedly knew the Cowboys defensive game plan?

A 49ers decline would require an enormous rash of injuries. Saints and Seahawks are the only NFC teams I see beating us even if we play a strong game.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Why isn't Chiefs at NO a prime time game? They program like Chiefs at Raiders on week 11 or Broncos at KC on week 13, when we all know that the chances of those games being boring ass gimmies for the Chiefs are pretty high. I don't get NFL scheduling. Just give me an e-mail adress and I'll send you a primetime scheduling, that makes sense, for free, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why isn't Chiefs at NO a prime time game? They program like Chiefs at Raiders on week 11 or Broncos at KC on week 13, when we all know that the chances of those games being boring ass gimmies for the Chiefs are pretty high. I don't get NFL scheduling. Just give me an e-mail adress and I'll send you a primetime scheduling, that makes sense, for free, tbh.
    49ers vs Cowboys is SNF

They probably didn't put Saints on MNF because they play the following Friday

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    49ers vs Cowboys is SNF

They probably didn't put Saints on MNF because they play the following Friday
    Niners-Cowboys. Yet another boring ass primetime game that will probably be over by halftime.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm sceptical of this Cards lovefest. You might be right. I only see a more congested division. Maybe Rams flip with Cards. Seahawks could very well win a tiebreaker

I think many are eyeing that Dallas game because Cowboys are a strong team and will treat it as their SB. We have 2 division games afterwards and will be battling tiebreakers all season

Lets be honest the Rams lost in the NFC le game and were swallowed up in the SB. They also supposedly knew the Cowboys defensive game plan?

A 49ers decline would require an enormous rash of injuries. Saints and Seahawks are the only NFC teams I see beating us even if we play a strong game.
    like I said, I don't see a *sharp* 49ers decline, just maybe a decline to maybe around 11 wins which might not be enough for first or even second place in that loaded division especially considering they have such an easy schedule outside of playing each other twice.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why isn't Chiefs at NO a prime time game?
    Because Tony Romo got paid QB1 salary by CBS to be the commentator for such games, tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Jets -W
    At Dolphins - W
    Rams - W
    At Raiders - W(?)
    At ans - W
    Chiefs (TNF) - L
    At Jets - W
    Patriots - W
    Seahawks - L
    At Cardinals - L
    Chargers - W
    At 49ers (PT) - L
    Steelers(PT) - W
    At Broncos - W
    At Patriots(PT) - L(?)
    Dolphins - W

11-5, if all goes to the worst I see is 9-7. Other than OL, we can be compe ive with any position group in the NFL. It’s ALL about Josh Allen. If he shows continued improvement, we can contend. If he regresses, than all three work of BB and SD is all for naught. I think we have either 1 or 0 players left from the Rex Ryan team, yet this FO and CS have established a compe ive culture in short order.

for the first time since the Flutie era, I’m excited

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jets -W
    At Dolphins - W
    Rams - W
    At Raiders - W(?)
    At ans - W
    Chiefs (TNF) - L
    At Jets - W
    Patriots - W
    Seahawks - L
    At Cardinals - L
    Chargers - W
    At 49ers (PT) - L
    Steelers(PT) - W
    At Broncos - W
    At Patriots(PT) - L(?)
    Dolphins - W

11-5, if all goes to the worst I see is 9-7. Other than OL, we can be compe ive with any position group in the NFL. It’s ALL about Josh Allen. If he shows continued improvement, we can contend. If he regresses, than all three work of BB and SD is all for naught. I think we have either 1 or 0 players left from the Rex Ryan team, yet this FO and CS have established a compe ive culture in short order.

aside from OL, I just think QB is a major flaw and the double digit win season was a product of their historically easy schedule last year more than anything else. A slightly better and less awkward version of Tebow... but still awkward.

I have the AFC East being a jumbled up mash of single digit win teams and the Patriots taking it at 8-8 or 9-7 with the Bills right there in the mix as well, but I definitely don't have them starting off 5-0. They'll lose probably 2 out of 3 of the LAR- @ LV - @ TEN stretch. And if they don't win both of their first two it's a bad harbinger in general. They have a top 10 defense but not particularly good against the run last year. We'll see.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont think the patriots win 6 games this year tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Jets -W
    At Dolphins - W
    Rams - W
    At Raiders - W(?)
    At ans - W
    Chiefs (TNF) - L
    At Jets - W
    Patriots - W
    Seahawks - L
    At Cardinals - L
    Chargers - W
    At 49ers (PT) - L
    Steelers(PT) - W
    At Broncos - W
    At Patriots(PT) - L(?)
    Dolphins - W

AFC East is theirs to lose. i'm not sold on Allen but flaws and all he still makes plays. Diggs is known to whine so have to make sure he gets his.

Defense should hold up again this year. They didnt have a first but landed Epenesa in the 2nd who was very much a first round talent.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont think the patriots win 6 games this year tbh
    Coaching matters tbh. They won 12 games with essentially the same roster intact and they get David Andrews back. Last couple years have proved that for them they can win even with below average QB play. They shuffled out a couple older linebackers but they drafted their replacements pretty high in the draft. Still have a world class secondary and the greatest coach of all time. Bills have a great pass defense that leaks against the run, good/very quick (but smaller) receiving corps, bad OL, an idiot coach and a right-handed, slightly less awkward Tebow at quarterback.

I'm still trying to figure out how they straight up blew the Houston game when they had it in the bag multiple times.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    KC in the opener..

you NFL

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    KC in the opener..

you NFL
    It's actually fairly common practice to pit the champions on ring and banner ceremony night against a team they beat in the playoffs in the previous year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    KC in the opener..

you NFL
    i know you like Kollman

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    KC in the opener..

you NFL
    Don't sweat it bro. That game will probably never be played.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Don't sweat it bro. That game will probably never be played.
    It will be played in front of a sellout crowd, sorry to burst your bubble but it's true.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    It will be played in front of a sellout crowd, sorry to burst your bubble but it's true.
    "Burst my bubble"? I hope you are right.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    "Burst my bubble"? I hope you are right.
    COVID over by Halloween = good for Trump
    COVID not over by Halloween = bad for Trump

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    COVID over by Halloween = good for Trump
    COVID not over by Halloween = bad for Trump
    And what the do I care about Trump? I just want this to be over with.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    NFC West vs AFC East this year. Has a division ever swept another during interconference matchup?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFC West vs AFC East this year. Has a division ever swept another during interconference matchup?
    No. Came closest in 2014 with the AFC North vs. the NFC South. AFC North went 13-2-1.

I most definitely see some gaudy records happening the NFC West this year because they play both the AFC East and the NFC East, the worst two divisions on either side. Though the Cowboys and Eagles may be good the other two are pretty terrible.

With the 7 team per conference playoff bracket, I can see 3 teams making it from the NFC West along with the two from the NFC South. Last place in the NFC West could be the Rams at like 8-8.

Thread Information